Bulldogs 2016!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Bulldogs 2016!

Did you watch the Bulldogs game last night - gees they are a well drilled side now - Hawthorn esq. Oh to think how Beveridge would have enhanced the Saints coaching team. Hindsight is just that, but after watching some of the other 2015 draftees running around in the NAB, Gresham had better make a bloody fine footballer Trout? Each year is the same you just wish the Saints could have selected ALL the talent from the previous draft - bugger the rest of the teams - just give to them to us.

Envy. NOUN

1.a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck:

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bulldogs 2016!

WinnersOnly wrote:Did you watch the Bulldogs game last night - gees they are a well drilled side now - Hawthorn esq. Oh to think how Beveridge would have enhanced the Saints coaching team. Hindsight is just that, but after watching some of the other 2015 draftees running around in the NAB, Gresham had better make a bloody fine footballer Trout? Each year is the same you just wish the Saints could have selected ALL the talent from the previous draft - bugger the rest of the teams - just give to them to us.

Envy. NOUN

1.a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck:
They didn't look that well drilled when we broke all sorts of records to beat them last year. In fact after half time we embarrassed them. Should have won the next encounter as well. You stress too much. :D

SS Hall of Fame

Yeah they look good except the intensity in the match was at circle work level.

ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Did you watch the Bulldogs game last night - gees they are a well drilled side now - Hawthorn esq. Oh to think how Beveridge would have enhanced the Saints coaching team. Hindsight is just that, but after watching some of the other 2015 draftees running around in the NAB, Gresham had better make a bloody fine footballer Trout? Each year is the same you just wish the Saints could have selected ALL the talent from the previous draft - bugger the rest of the teams - just give to them to us.

Envy. NOUN

You do realise it was a practice match? Also you do realise we made 2 GF's in a row, they made none. And still haven't made one for many years. Smile and think we can only omprove

<Warning issued on edited content - for commenting on poster and not the subject of the post and baiting>
Last edited by ripplug66 on Fri 26 Feb 2016 2:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Good luck if you think the Dogs are in the same category as the Hawks. GWS had a half strength team and did pretty well considering. Beveridge is no doubt proving to be a good coach though, but time will tell.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Why hindsight? We offered Beveridge a job and he accepted...Then the Bulldogs offered him a head coach job...Nothing more we could have done.

You sound like the stupid Norf supporter at Wangaratta who told me to look at the scoreboard after I had a go at Firrito for crashing into the fence in the last quarter...Don't take into account ANY form in these totally meaningless games.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Big picture people - I just thought there defensive structures and movement out of defence was very good. I also thought which many do, that Beveridge would have been a great acquisition for us.

Plugger66 you never change do you?

ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Big picture people - I just thought there defensive structures and movement out of defence was very good. I also thought which many do, that Beveridge would have been a great acquisition for us.

Plugger66 you never change do you?

I don't change in that I think these are practice matches and you are a negative supporter. Yep I don't change. And as LLS said whats the point of even mentioning Bevo. How could we get him. May as well start a thread on getting Judd over Ball. At least we had a chance on getting him. We had no hope with Bevo. I wont say you don't change but on BF there was someone with your nic who copped heaps of crap after a few posts on last weeks game. Obviously not you but someone doing a very good impersonation.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Plugger I'm sorry I responded - you are always right! No one else is allowed an opinion, I completely understand that this is your forum to 'lord over' anyone who disagrees and yes at times I have been negative (its called opinions).

I also apologise for having an opinion in suggesting I would have like Beveridge at our club, because I believe he would have been a good addition.

Sorry!

ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Plugger I'm sorry I responded - you are always right! No one else is allowed an opinion, I completely understand that this is your forum to 'lord over' anyone who disagrees and yes at times I have been negative (its called opinions).

I also apologise for having an opinion in suggesting I would have like Beveridge at our club, because I believe he would have been a good addition.

Sorry!

WO why the childish response. I'm certainly not always right but if you are going to post negative stuff and not expect people to comment then its time to leave a Saints fan forum and join another type of forum. And opinions are fine but surely you are allowed positive opinions as well.We only seem to get negative ones off you. I also would like Bevo at the club but I also would love Parker and Fyffe. The point is we just couldn't get Bevo to our club. He even accepted a job at our club so we did everything possible to get him.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Plugger I'm sorry I responded - you are always right! No one else is allowed an opinion, I completely understand that this is your forum to 'lord over' anyone who disagrees and yes at times I have been negative (its called opinions).

Sorry!

WO why the childish response. I'm certainly not always right but if you are going to post negative stuff and not expect people to comment then its time to leave a Saints fan forum and join another type of forum. And opinions are fine but surely you are allowed positive opinions as well.We only seem to get negative ones off you. I also would like Bevo at the club but I also would love Parker and Fyffe. The point is we just couldn't get Bevo to our club. He even accepted a job at our club so we did everything possible to get him.
Again Plugger you are right !

I would really like to meet you in real life one day? Just to see if you are as big a f***wit there as you are behind a keyboard, as behind your keyboard you have no equal!

Moderators I will ban myself - it will be a pleasure thanks!

<warning for commenting on poster and breaching the swearing rule>

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to the Bulldogs this year. Would be refreshing to see them become a premiership threat. It'll be a tall order for them though, with teams like Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and West Coast to match up to.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:I also thought which many do, that Beveridge would have been a great acquisition for us.
And he would have been but I still don't get the reference to hindsight. It wasn't the club's fault he's not at St Kilda...Are you saying that we should have appointed him instead of Richo?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Haven't seen the Bulldogs look so good since the first half of Round 6 last year.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Sorry!

I would really like to meet you in real life one day? Just to see if you are as big a f***wit there as you are behind a keyboard, as behind your keyboard you have no equal!

Ok.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Sorry!

Please man yourself from bigfooty as well.

You post nothing but negative BS and then get upset when challenged.

Then you swear at people.

Not clever.

<warning for commenting on poster and continuing ongoing dispute>

You are garbage - Enough said
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Yep still waiting ror the ban so - Hey Bunk you can go f*** yourself aswell. You and Plugger are identical twins Im sure! Both do nothing but criticise others - perhaps your an ALP member?

ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Yep still waiting ror the ban so - Hey Bunk you can go f*** yourself aswell. You and Plugger are identical twins Im sure! Both do nothing but criticise others - perhaps your an ALP member?
Libs for me

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Yep still waiting ror the ban so - Hey Bunk you can go f*** yourself aswell. You and Plugger are identical twins Im sure! Both do nothing but criticise others - perhaps your an ALP member?
Libs for me
I'm a commo.

You are garbage - Enough said
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Won't make the 8

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the game, but even if they were good so what.

They were top four in the latter part of last season, finished 5 or 6 then went out in the first week, but weren't disgraced. They're also two years ahead of us in list development, yet last year they struggled against us. They get back their best midfielder (Libratore), of course you'd expect them to improve!

They have their problems too, a real big one. Interested to hear Cam Mooney's comments on the game. He was bullish about the Dogs, but worried about whether Boyd has a role given their style of game. Boyd on whom they invested a first round pick, Griffen and a stupendous contract for close to a decade!!!!

Who gives a toss about the Bulldogs.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:I also thought which many do, that Beveridge would have been a great acquisition for us.
And he would have been but I still don't get the reference to hindsight. It wasn't the club's fault he's not at St Kilda...Are you saying that we should have appointed him instead of Richo?
He might not answer that, he's banned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Meh.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
We had rangled Bevo into the fold, it was disappointing we didn't get to used him but seeing we did the same with Richo at Port you can't really complain.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WO do you work for nab?

These "games" are training drills that are televised and sponsored.

Big waste of effort with your post.

You may be right, but please wait until the real season before making a call.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.