So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

loris wrote:
skeptic wrote:

Lol sorry plugger, i actually wasn't having a go at you.

I was referring to the (I have to say it now) Axl era if anybody remembers that little patch of time

You post a lot but even at your best you never got near that guy
Plugger66 and ripplug66 combined could never meet the posting output of Axl ............. what a pest he/she was.

Bringing that name back skeptic makes the blood pressure rise :evil: :evil: Was Axl banned or just reinvented itself under a different name?
That's why i was initially a bit reluctant to post the name. With respect to plugger though I have had multiple similar jabs at him over the journey, so his mistake was a fairly reasonable one.

IIRC, a hero scared him out of town. I can't quite recall who, they found a way to get his personal e-mail, and did something with that.

Saintau66 perhaps?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
loris wrote:
skeptic wrote:

Lol sorry plugger, i actually wasn't having a go at you.

I was referring to the (I have to say it now) Axl era if anybody remembers that little patch of time

You post a lot but even at your best you never got near that guy
Plugger66 and ripplug66 combined could never meet the posting output of Axl ............. what a pest he/she was.

Bringing that name back skeptic makes the blood pressure rise :evil: :evil: Was Axl banned or just reinvented itself under a different name?
That's why i was initially a bit reluctant to post the name. With respect to plugger though I have had multiple similar jabs at him over the journey, so his mistake was a fairly reasonable one.

IIRC, a hero scared him out of town. I can't quite recall who, they found a way to get his personal e-mail, and did something with that.

Saintau66 perhaps?
AOK

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Well, this does bring back a lot of memories.

I must have joined about 2002, I'd say. Got involved. Helped where I could. Moderated for about eight-nine years after the forum changed servers in early 2004 and we lost everything.

Pushed feverishly for the development of the General Forum, Opposition Forum and Animal Enclosure. Pleased they remain vibrant places of...vibrancy.

Played for Saintsational on the BigFooty days with the greats - Savatage, Dan_Warna, Vaul Darkhour, Damian, St Mart, etc.

Unfortunately, the site did take a turn for the worse - as neatly illustrated by BackFromUSA in this post viewtopic.php?p=1171910#p1171910 - during 2006 and then cascaded into mayhem in 2007.

Things got a little better as the team improved but then by 2011 it had all turned pear-shaped on here and I drifted away for a couple of years in terms of posting. Still moderated but made far fewer contributions. I'd like to think I'm a relatively active once again. Definitely as a reader, anyway.

I don't always have time to post as I think posts ought to be considered contributions that add to the community.

The place seems to have found a better balance in the past 12 months, albeit with a few lunatic goons popping their heads up. (I'm not sure why they don't get banned into the next millennium, but anyway.)

All in all, sheesh, can't quite believe I'm still here, but there you go.

For all the rubbish, it remains a good place to take the temperature of our fan base (if you take the median rather than the mean) and it remains pretty much the most-read site by all of our board members, committee members and club staff - some of who were incredibly active posters and a few of which still are.

...and cheers to Jack 'HIGH' Singleton, who died on the green. He knew what the caper was all about.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I was a fan of West of Moorabin expecially in the off season. You would get snippets of Saints information that was not available anywhere else.

santazzi
Club Player

I have been. Looking at the number of posts I have made over more than ten years, it looks I have been doing more reading and contemplating than writing.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I found the site very early. 2000 or 2001? Maybe earlier. Was always Verdun66, as I am on Big Footy. Used to like Back to Moorabbin ....some guy did a humorous blog on games in the period 1996-99....something like that. Although it was a bit inconsistent. He would miss games. You never quite knew when something would pop up. West Of Moorabbin was also good, and linked to other Saints stuff that was springing up. I found Saintsational after I think it had been going a short while. Then the 2004 melt down, and we all had to re-register. So I was also at the beginning of the newer version.

Have gravitated to Big Footy a bit more now, so don't post here as often, but do read what's going on. The bickering and off topic stuff started to annoy me. I had to wade through too much to get good info. Have been overseas since 1988, so am bereft of local newspaper and radio info. So Saintsational became a wonderful lifeline.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I joined in 02 or 03. I think I was on another forum before that, was it sainters.com or something?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
sasaint
Club Player

Yes I go back before the server crashed and all the start dates got reset. Before that there were a few other active sites. I wonder if they are still online?

Patience young grasshopper
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I've been involved one way or another since about '99. Original name was HongKongSaint.

I think I remember that name. Kosi was it how I described it or have I got it wrong?
The initial site I was on was an official saints.com.au site. I think it could handle 20 or 50 threads and then they disappeared.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Joined here as BakesFan in April 2004... I was BarksFan in an earlier incarnation.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:Joined 14 June 2005. So ten and a half years. Crikey, that's a long time.

Snap!!

One of my earliest memories was a day-long argument with Bungiton about whether Dal would have made a good soccer player.

I was traumatised for a few days after that one!! :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:I did post a long time ago in a forum that I thought was SS. maybe someone can help. O think the forum didn't actually have threads but the posts were just in order of the time they were posted. Not sure if that is exactly right. Would have been about 1999.
That wasn't saintsational ripplug66 I don't think- that description was of another one up and going then - it was Sainters.com

A number of the original posters from saintsational used to post on both sites, that alerted posters from Sainters.com that Saintsational was around & posters such as barks4eva eventually found their way to S/S.

My memory seems to be slow today, but the fellow who ran that site (can't recall his poster name at present) also posted on S/S. He had a very good knowledge of VFL teams. I think he went across to the official Saints.com site when it started up in some official capacity, so Sainters.com slowly withered, then many posters from there gravitated to SS

Dougie used to post a lot on that site, then eventually became more of a regular on S/S. Long time posters will fondly recall him.
I met Dougie once. Good bloke.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I've been involved one way or another since about '99. Original name was HongKongSaint.

I think I remember that name. Kosi was it how I described it or have I got it wrong?
The initial site I was on was an official saints.com.au site. I think it could handle 20 or 50 threads and then they disappeared.
That rings a bell.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I liked u better then.

Ive been here since late 90's - remember the GT wars fondly (remember speaking to the drop kick on the saints chat too when he told me he was the one to lead us to glory and NO ONE was better qualified....). I still shudder at what we lost having this muppet in charge too long....

Barks was my favorite poster
Krabb was good value
Joffa Burns a ripper also

There was no Plugger66 rubbish and Marto was....well....always marto.....

Ahh....it was a different time.....I had hair.....all is lost.
I shall retreat to the west and remain galadriel...
Last edited by Teflon on Fri 15 Jan 2016 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:The bickering and off topic stuff started to annoy me. I had to wade through too much to get good info.
Certainly this was my main gripe - and still annoys me.

I just wish those posters could be shifted away to other forums - specifically the Animal Enclosure - so they could debate and back-stab in there. I don't know why they want to do it on the main forum.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:I still shudder at what we lost having this muppet in charge too long....
Yeah, righto, but you didn't understand what was going on when he started. There wouldn't be anything to shudder about without him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:I still shudder at what we lost having this muppet in charge too long....
Yeah, righto, but you didn't understand what was going on when he started. There wouldn't be anything to shudder about without him.
ahh.....here we go....

yep pretty well understood what was going on before he started - including his involvement to spend $1m to get Blight the messiah....howd that genius stroke work out for ya???

we'd have silverware if that muppet was good to his word and stepped aside.......coached Warnambool FFS give me a break....
Lived off Butters, borrowed off Butters, refused to pay it back, claimed lost annual leave against club AFTER sigbning it away (he later claimed he was pressured too......this from the guy that ate pressure for breakfast...)

Just another fool who thought HE was the club and those that blindly followed would be led by anything...

As Barks so eloquently put it: 'you do the maths......the squares are all rooted'

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I was a fan of West of Moorabin expecially in the off season. You would get snippets of Saints information that was not available anywhere else.
westofmoorabbin.com was my go to for Saints info as well. It actually lead me here, as it had links to a few official and supporter sites.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ripplug66
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
ahh.....here we go....

yep pretty well understood what was going on before he started - including his involvement to spend $1m to get Blight the messiah....howd that genius stroke work out for ya???

we'd have silverware if that muppet was good to his word and stepped aside.......coached Warnambool FFS give me a break....
Lived off Butters, borrowed off Butters, refused to pay it back, claimed lost annual leave against club AFTER sigbning it away (he later claimed he was pressured too......this from the guy that ate pressure for breakfast...)

Just another fool who thought HE was the club and those that blindly followed would be led by anything...

As Barks so eloquently put it: 'you do the maths......the squares are all rooted'

Yep that makes sense. GT ran the who club. There wasn't a board that could have made a different decision and TBH getting Blight was one of the best things the club has ever done.

The_Merchant
Club Player

Been here close to 10 years. Think I originally joined in 01, but lost that login. Don't post much but read regularly.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Junior
Club Player

Was on the old forum as Junior as well, signed up here 11 March 2004.

Don't post much nowadays , used to post training reports back in the day.

Still read the forum daily.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:The bickering and off topic stuff started to annoy me. I had to wade through too much to get good info.
Certainly this was my main gripe - and still annoys me.

I just wish those posters could be shifted away to other forums - specifically the Animal Enclosure - so they could debate and back-stab in there. I don't know why they want to do it on the main forum.
Am interested to know Everton if you see it as a big problem still. There's been a concerted effort to stop the personal sniping and bickering and it has calmed down a fair bit. We shall see when the on-field action resumes, but I reckon we're heading in the right direction. Interested in your thoughts about this?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

when did this thing actually start ? I think I was one of the few first contributors. when you do a member search I'm on the first page, not sure if that means anything.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Been here for a while. There was also someone called the mullet.

My favorite thread was the oracle in 2009 or 2010 I think.

It was hilarious, and a little part of me wanted to believe

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:when did this thing actually start ? I think I was one of the few first contributors. when you do a member search I'm on the first page, not sure if that means anything.
That was after the second crash I think. First pagers rock!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post