So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: So who has been posting here for more than 10 years

As Borderbarry I joined April 2004. I had been on earlier as Verdon something, after my all time favourite Saint. So I think I originally joined 2001/2.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno
never pay attention
whats it say next to the avatar?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mehhh

time flies when you argue with plugger

ripplug66
Club Player

matrix wrote:2007
mehhh

time flies when you argue with plugger

Well don't argue. Just take what I say as gospel and you will be on the right track.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: My experiences on this site have only been poor twice. .............................. And when mods conveniently deleted posts they wanted to censor.
Cannot let that accusation go by without totally refuting it. Mart continues to believe it happened, which is up to him. But to publicly air that as though it's fact is not ok. It didn't happen as he believes. Posts were accidentally deleted whilst merging threads. It was when I was a newbie Mod and didn't know how to drive the Mods' panel.

loris
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:I did post a long time ago in a forum that I thought was SS. maybe someone can help. O think the forum didn't actually have threads but the posts were just in order of the time they were posted. Not sure if that is exactly right. Would have been about 1999.
That wasn't saintsational ripplug66 I don't think- that description was of another one up and going then - it was Sainters.com

A number of the original posters from saintsational used to post on both sites, that alerted posters from Sainters.com that Saintsational was around & posters such as barks4eva eventually found their way to S/S.

My memory seems to be slow today, but the fellow who ran that site (can't recall his poster name at present) also posted on S/S. He had a very good knowledge of VFL teams. I think he went across to the official Saints.com site when it started up in some official capacity, so Sainters.com slowly withered, then many posters from there gravitated to SS

Dougie used to post a lot on that site, then eventually became more of a regular on S/S. Long time posters will fondly recall him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Templer

who I think was one of the originals of the Moorabbin wing?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

via the webmachine again
sainters.com was still linking in 2011
https://web.archive.org/web/20110216212 ... nters.com/

but isn't now

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ripplug66
Club Player

loris wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:I did post a long time ago in a forum that I thought was SS. maybe someone can help. O think the forum didn't actually have threads but the posts were just in order of the time they were posted. Not sure if that is exactly right. Would have been about 1999.
That wasn't saintsational ripplug66 I don't think- that description was of another one up and going then - it was Sainters.com

A number of the original posters from saintsational used to post on both sites, that alerted posters from Sainters.com that Saintsational was around & posters such as barks4eva eventually found their way to S/S.

My memory seems to be slow today, but the fellow who ran that site (can't recall his poster name at present) also posted on S/S. He had a very good knowledge of VFL teams. I think he went across to the official Saints.com site when it started up in some official capacity, so Sainters.com slowly withered, then many posters from there gravitated to SS

Dougie used to post a lot on that site, then eventually became more of a regular on S/S. Long time posters will fondly recall him.

Thanks. I had no idea of the site name but someone somehow worked out where I worked. No idea how but I'm not good at understanding computers. To type this I had to use a pencil to fill in the rectangular little boxes. Very time consuming.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Templer

who Ithink was one of the originals of the Moorabbin wing?
Sonof66 (Steve) and wizsteppa (Ben) actually started up the Moorabbin Wing - others came on later in the process. Steve & Ben were then involved in liaising with the STKFC after it had organically grown to such a great place, that the club got involved.
Again, my memory for names lets me down, but the bloke we got from Hawthorn to get our membership up and going, him & his sidekick (Ben Hall) got behind Steve & Ben's work. Saint66au then got very involved. They were great for saving seats for interstates when we got over.
I can recall in the early days of the Moorabbin Wing......... Steve & Ben would be first up there, place their scarves & bags etc across rows of seats to ensure only Sainters could sit up there together. Then he started getting flyers printed and used to stand outside Bay 35 directing Saint supporters to the area. It was all via the SS site that a lot got to hear about the MW too.
Organic movements are hard to stop once they take off.

Where are Sonof66 & wizsteppa these days? I always used to catch up with Steve for a coffee in Chapel Street when I visited Melbourne, then I lost his phone # and he moved house. :( :( and now when I go to matches at Etihad I don't sit up in that area. More's the pity.

Sonof66 & wizsteppa if you post under different names now please PM me, I'll be over in Melbourne for a couple of games this season and I'd love to catch up.

Yep Templer was involved with Sainters.com

Fraser
Club Coach

no one remembers me lol.. i was also a site admin at one point haha.. these days, I'm just a lurker that moved up to far north qld in cairns for quite some time.

i remember all these old names, noddy & savatage, helping ben & steve with handing out flyers before the game... playing in the forum games at moorabbin against the blues forum members, etc.. fun times but time flies :(

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:via the webmachine again
sainters.com was still linking in 2011
https://web.archive.org/web/20110216212 ... nters.com/

but isn't now
Wow that's quite a different version of Sainters.com than its early days. I notice there is no chat site on that u beaut version.

Every time S/S would go down (which was often if there was too much traffic on it) SS posters would go onto Sainters.com, asking the question was anyone else having difficulty accessing SS......... as soon as you knew it was just another crash, you'd breathe a sigh of relief and just wait until it cranked up again. Once SS was up and running all the regulars would emigrate from Sainters.com back to SS.

I notice there is a link to WestofMoorabbin. Again what happened to Bruce and that site? He lived in WA and started up the site........... then Cupid got an arrow into his heat and he followed his love to Melbourne. His 'Peanut Gallery' on all things Saintly on his WOM site were priceless.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I actually found another site (Sainters or something) first. But soon got onto this one.
Sainters.com.au I believe it was called. It was ran by a poster named Templar, had a chat function and posters could submit articles which Templar posted on the home page. It was a good site, I also started posting on there in '04 before joining here.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Don't know how long I've been around. All my history was erased in the Great Moderator Meltdown.

Ah.... those were the days.

I think I was in company with Stinger and Gazrat back then.

Don't post that often now, not a fan of the new setup, and a lot of the characters have moved on to other pastures.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Deleted
Last edited by skeptic on Thu 14 Jan 2016 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

ripplug66
Club Player

And in a positive thread it starts again.

Kate
Club Player

Yep. Been here for the long haul.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:And in a positive thread it starts again.
I assume ur referring to me...

And you have a point

ripplug66
Club Player

skeptic wrote:

And you have a point

Yep my point was you started a great thread and the had a go at me for no reason. Why not just keep it positive.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:

And you have a point

Yep my point was you started a great thread and the had a go at me for no reason. Why not just keep it positive.

Lol sorry plugger, i actually wasn't having a go at you.

I was referring to the (I have to say it now) Axl era if anybody remembers that little patch of time

You post a lot but even at your best you never got near that guy

citywest

I reckon I have been posting on here for as long as anyone. Probably over 20 years at least. It all started on SAINTSMANIA.com then moved onto SAINTSATIONAL when it started up. Anyone here remember SAINTSMANIA??? Actually, it might have been SAINTMANIA.com I can't quite remember now.

My spat with Bunk (we both had different names back then), started way back then. Isn't that right Bunk????? :shock: :D :lol:

ripplug66
Club Player

skeptic wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:

And you have a point

I was referring to the (I have to say it now) Axl era if anybody remembers that little patch of time

Sorry. It was because you didn't name him I thought you meant a current poster. Anyway I like the stories. We need more of these type of threads in the off season even if they have been repeated. New people might like them and the more people we have posting the better.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Your profile says you joined here September 25 last year. So only another nine and three quarter years to go before you qualify for the 10-year rule. :lol:

At the other end of the scale, I feel obliged to say with a feeling of accomplishment that I joined in March 2004.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

March 2004 if I remember correctly..........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
loris
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:

Plugger66 and ripplug66 combined could never meet the posting output of Axl ............. what a pest he/she was.

Bringing that name back skeptic makes the blood pressure rise :evil: :evil: Was Axl banned or just reinvented itself under a different name?