Dustin Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dustin Martin

#gosaintas wrote:
Chick walks into a male dressing room and complains about seeing nudity - wow. It should be illegal to be naked in a dressing room. Shock horror.
You are totally missing the point. Totally.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
Chick walks into a male dressing room and complains about seeing nudity - wow. It should be illegal to be naked in a dressing room. Shock horror.
You are totally missing the point. Totally.
I don't think she did!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:He got nothing 'cos it was a storm in a teacup. Everyone is just so precious. I'm gunna kill you with my chopstick is now an attempted murder charge by the nuffies on here and the PC crowd on the radio.
So nothing, nix, nought! :shock: By Jingoes!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:How entrenched is sexism in top level sport? How much of an ugly boys' club is it?

Boss of Melbourne Renegades describing allegations of Gayle exposing himself to a woman staffer as "opportunistic"....

"Fresh allegations of previous indecent behaviour towards a woman by Chris Gayle have been dismissed as "opportunistic" by Melbourne Renegades boss Stuart Coventry, with the club standing by its handling of the controversial star.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/ ... z3wRfak2Tj
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I'm noticing how the woman making the allegation is immediately discredited by a white male whose primary interest is in the commercial success of his business.
Allegations made by a woman who wants to remain unidentified. Gayle convicted without trial. Who are the racists here.

Australian journos with the exception of a few like Rita, are the scum of the earth and out of touch with main stream thinking.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... y-comments

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:How entrenched is sexism in top level sport? How much of an ugly boys' club is it?

Boss of Melbourne Renegades describing allegations of Gayle exposing himself to a woman staffer as "opportunistic"....

"Fresh allegations of previous indecent behaviour towards a woman by Chris Gayle have been dismissed as "opportunistic" by Melbourne Renegades boss Stuart Coventry, with the club standing by its handling of the controversial star.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/ ... z3wRfak2Tj
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I'm noticing how the woman making the allegation is immediately discredited by a white male whose primary interest is in the commercial success of his business.
Allegations made by a woman who wants to remain unidentified. Gayle convicted without trial. Who are the racists here.

Australian journos with the exception of a few like Rita, are the scum of the earth and out of touch with main stream thinking.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... y-comments

Racists? What are you on about? Rita should only be read if you want to laugh at a person or if you think Bolt is a good writer.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

What Gayle did was stupid and childish. He deserved a fine and the public ridicule.

But banning him from coming back to Australia to play in the BBL????????? Stripping paying customers of harmless signs whilst at the game because they disagree with a point of view of CA????????

Anyone would have thought he said to the Journalist 'You've got nice tits' or 'How about a shag later.'

The bloke's an ego maniac like many international sportsmen. I don't reckon he was trying to humiliate the lady, I reckon he thought he was being funny and roguish and hoping for a bit of byplay from the reporter and it backfired. I read Rita's article and thought she made some good points.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:What Gayle did was stupid and childish. He deserved a fine and the public ridicule.

But banning him from coming back to Australia to play in the BBL????????? Stripping paying customers of harmless signs whilst at the game because they disagree with a point of view of CA????????

Anyone would have thought he said to the Journalist 'You've got nice tits' or 'How about a shag later.'

The bloke's an ego maniac like many international sportsmen. I don't reckon he was trying to humiliate the lady, I reckon he thought he was being funny and roguish and hoping for a bit of byplay from the reporter and it backfired. I read Rita's article and thought she made some good points.
It's all about brand protection.

And it's that brand which gives (gave) gayle the opportunity to make so much money in the first place... all he had to do was play cricket not be too much of a douche.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Just shocking behaviour really - flirting with the chick. Ban the guy. Fine him. If she'd had a clue she could have made him look quite the fool but maybe she only got the gig 'cos she's cute.

ripplug66
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:Just shocking behaviour really - flirting with the chick. Ban the guy. Fine him. If she'd had a clue she could have made him look quite the fool but maybe she only got the gig 'cos she's cute.

Some of your comments when women are mentioned are truly back in the ice age. Whilst I think people are going over the top about Gayle I don't see why you would knock the woman, well I do know why you would and that's the disappointing part.

Maybe she got the gig because knows her sport and not how to make a fool of the people she was interviewing.

#gosaintas
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Just shocking behaviour really - flirting with the chick. Ban the guy. Fine him. If she'd had a clue she could have made him look quite the fool but maybe she only got the gig 'cos she's cute.

Some of your comments when women are mentioned are truly back in the ice age. Whilst I think people are going over the top about Gayle I don't see why you would knock the woman, well I do know why you would and that's the disappointing part.

Maybe she got the gig because knows her sport and not how to make a fool of the people she was interviewing.

So it's a coincidence that most female weather girls and tv reporters are cute? Apart from the ABC, everytime ch 9 and others cross to some chick in Paris or elsewhere she's always hot looking. That's life plugger. Standing there and batting her eyes at him was the best she seemed to be able to muster. Pretty funny really. But the hand wringers must get all antsy mustn't they. Flirting....MY GOD. What next? And NAKED in the men's changing room. Truly abhorrent behaviour.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

A message to all those outraged by the Mel McLaughlin incident. There are many tragedies occurring in the world that are far more worthy of your angst. The horror of seeing an ignorant and Ill-educated sportsman make an inappropriate comment, during an ill-considered bit of flirting, ranks right up there with mass murders, crippling poverty and human rights abuses.

It's interesting that women on TV are allowed to flirt shamelessly with men, to the point of openly propositioning them. I'm looking at you, Julia Morris, Ita Buttrose, Denise Drysdale and so many more. The irony is that McLaughlin is the beneficiary of a system that values physical beauty over all else. Do you think she'd have gotten her start on camera if she wasn't easy on the eye? Btw, she's not a journalist; she's a broadcaster, or more accurately, a presenter. She used to read an autocue for a living. She now conducts "interviews" of players for a few seconds at a time during hit and giggle cricket. Her greatest career achievement is having been nominated as "TV Personality of the Year" for pay TV. No Walkleys, no peer recognition from journalists, no professional awards, etc.

She sits in the stylist's chair for hours a day before going on air. Her wardrobe is chosen and supplied by a professional. Why? Because beauty rates. Men are also discriminated against in this way. Name all the physically unattractive TV presenters. I think you'll struggle.
So get over yourselves, especially the 3rd wave, neo-feminist on the ABC who told the audience she was reduced to tears by the "horror" of Gayle's words. Please, that's right up there with the horror of "Reverse rape" (look it up. Proof the feminazis are mentally disturbed). What we have here folks, is a very stark and unfunny example of a first world problem.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ripplug66
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

So it's a coincidence that most female weather girls and tv reporters are cute? Apart from the ABC, everytime ch 9 and others cross to some chick in Paris or elsewhere she's always hot looking. That's life plugger. Standing there and batting her eyes at him was the best she seemed to be able to muster. Pretty funny really. But the hand wringers must get all antsy mustn't they. Flirting....MY GOD. What next? And NAKED in the men's changing room. Truly abhorrent behaviour.

Have you thought that they pick cute looking women that also know their stuff? Standing there batting her eyes at him? What are you taking about. She may not have expected advances in her work place. Do you ask questions like that to girls where you work?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

Not everyone has the quick wit. And that's not what ch 10 pay her for. She's not Dave Hughes or Trevor Marmalade. Yeah, she's very easy on the eye, but if you can get past that, you then realise that she's an excellent commentator who knows her stuff.

It could be argued markp that one of the reasons BBL is so popular is because of the likes of Chris Gayle. Yeah, he's paid to play cricket, but he's also paid to entertain. In his very tiny mind, he would have thought that the inappropriate by play with an attractive female reporter on air would be funny and entertaining and all part of the laid back approach that we all have to Big Bash. Let's be honest, it's completely different to any other form of cricket. Players are interviewed as the game is going on, as well as straight after they go out. It's not a great reflection on him, but I reckon he thought it was all part of the fun and shenanigans of Big bash and was hoping that everyone would get a laugh, including the reporter.

Personally I thought all that was required was a genuine apology (rather than the forced one at the airport) and we all move on to bigger issues in the world.

#gosaintas
Club Player

If she couldn't cope with that she's not capable of live TV and should be sacked or demoted.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:If she couldn't cope with that she's not capable of live TV and should be sacked or demoted.
Who said she couldn't cope with it? She accepted his apology and wants to move on. Bit harsh to blame her for all this, just because she didn't react how you wanted her to. She's hardl;y behind the hysteria.

The argument is why should she have to cope with it? Does Caroline Wilson? No. For obvious reasons. In some ways it's an advantage that she's older and not very attractive, we can judge her (or should judge her) on what she's got to say, not on her 'sparkly' eyes.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Stay at home. Don't speak, and for God's sake don't have an opinion that differs slightly from the mainstream or you WILL be labeled one way or an other. Forget about having a laugh too. Someone, somewhere will get offended. The world we live in. What a place it's turned in to.

Chris Gale should be burnt at the stake along with all those who dislike Adam Goodes, or god forbid, tell Irishman jokes.

Throw that coke head Carlisle in as well, my kids can't sleep at night knowing he's out there.

Saintsational Legend

What I really enjoy is mock outrage at mock outrage.

He acted like a douche and has been treated accordingly.

He's paid to entertain in the bbl circus and there are plenty of other clowns to take his place if he becomes a liability to that circus.

Next.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:Stay at home. Don't speak, and for God's sake don't have an opinion that differs slightly from the mainstream or you WILL be labeled one way or an other. Forget about having a laugh too. Someone, somewhere will get offended. The world we live in. What a place it's turned in to.

Chris Gale should be burnt at the stake along with all those who dislike Adam Goodes, or god forbid, tell Irishman jokes.

Throw that coke head Carlisle in as well, my kids can't sleep at night knowing he's out there.
Really typical OTT reaction of someone who doesn't understand that humiliating someone and sexual harassment in the workplace is not on.

You can have a laugh but when it is at someone elses expense and is also sexually harassing someone who is trying to do what they do for a living, is just totally out of order.

Who said burn him at the stake. No charges were laid, apology was accepted by the interviewer. CA and the BBL have the option not to invite Gayle back to their competition if they feel fit.

So your middle class white mans world isn't the same anymore? Tough. We live in an open and free democracy where all citizens regardless of sex should be treated in a fit and respectful way.

if you don't like that. well tough luck, its a changing world. Be part of it or you can stand with Sam Newman and the other dinosaurs. You choice.

You are garbage - Enough said
#gosaintas
Club Player

No flirting allowed and no nudity in the change rooms. Please think of the children. Thank Christ no charges were laid otherwise...well, would have been pretty serious. Like that poor young thing that was nearly murdered with the chopsticks. It's a big bad world out there.

ripplug66
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:No flirting allowed and no nudity in the change rooms. Please think of the children. Thank Christ no charges were laid otherwise...well, would have been pretty serious. Like that poor young thing that was nearly murdered with the chopsticks. It's a big bad world out there.

Do you often flirt in your workplace or do go out and threaten to kill someone?

To the top
SS Life Member

With all due respect exactly how did what Gayle said when he was asked to be interviewed on camera (and, significantly, accepted. So if his reputation as a "party guy" and a "flirt" is what it is, why was he asked in the first place? Bit the same as Fevola with a microphone at the Brownlow presentation - why? Who gave him the microphone?) after he had been dismissed in a 20/20 "cricket" game morph into "humiliating someone and sexual harassment in the work place" and "sexually harassing someone who is trying to do what they do for a living" and therefore "totally out of order"?

I struggle to accept that commenting on someone's eyes and suggesting that they have a drink after the game (noting that the players, the sponsors, the supporters and the media do congregate in proximity to a bar after a game - how do the media get their quotes otherwise? This happened in my day and from the invitations I receive today, still happens) is sexual harassment and a humiliation, noting the linking of these descriptions.

The lesson is that in today's society ANY guy has to be very, very, very careful in regards his actions - because he can be accused of anything by the other gender regardless of intent - or, indeed, fact.

And he is hung, drawn and quartered regardless - and more so if he defends himself.

Perhaps, at St Kilda matches (and all events) in the future we should have barricaded "Female Only" and "Male Only" sections at opposite ends of the venue for the viewing of a game or event - and patrons exiting the female section after the game/event have an hour's grace so they can clear the area and get home before the males are released.

And is it still appropriate for me to tell my wife (her in the kitchen preparing an evening meal) that her new hair style suits her?

Or is that now "sexual harassment in the work place"?

See how utterly stupid this becomes because someone reads into something what they read into it?

What is also troubling is that you sit next to some posting as they do on here at the footy - and engage in conversation with them - because they can read anything into anything.

And you are guilty as charged!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
His gender may be relevant, as may his position, but of what relevance is the guy's skin colour?

Right or wrong, and for whatever reason, he's defending a dark skinned person against a fair skinned person.

Seems a bit of a cheap shot; the type that's becoming more and more common on social media these days.

lewdogs
Club Player

It's one thing to say the worlds gone PC mad, but to suggest in the same sentence that its ok to threaten to kill a woman with a chopstick? Moronic to say the least.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:With all due respect exactly how did what Gayle said when he was asked to be interviewed on camera (and, significantly, accepted. So if his reputation as a "party guy" and a "flirt" is what it is, why was he asked in the first place? Bit the same as Fevola with a microphone at the Brownlow presentation - why? Who gave him the microphone?) after he had been dismissed in a 20/20 "cricket" game morph into "humiliating someone and sexual harassment in the work place" and "sexually harassing someone who is trying to do what they do for a living" and therefore "totally out of order"?

I struggle to accept that commenting on someone's eyes and suggesting that they have a drink after the game (noting that the players, the sponsors, the supporters and the media do congregate in proximity to a bar after a game - how do the media get their quotes otherwise? This happened in my day and from the invitations I receive today, still happens) is sexual harassment and a humiliation, noting the linking of these descriptions.

The lesson is that in today's society ANY guy has to be very, very, very careful in regards his actions - because he can be accused of anything by the other gender regardless of intent - or, indeed, fact.

And he is hung, drawn and quartered regardless - and more so if he defends himself.

Perhaps, at St Kilda matches (and all events) in the future we should have barricaded "Female Only" and "Male Only" sections at opposite ends of the venue for the viewing of a game or event - and patrons exiting the female section after the game/event have an hour's grace so they can clear the area and get home before the males are released.

And is it still appropriate for me to tell my wife (her in the kitchen preparing an evening meal) that her new hair style suits her?

Or is that now "sexual harassment in the work place"?

See how utterly stupid this becomes because someone reads into something what they read into it?

What is also troubling is that you sit next to some posting as they do on here at the footy - and engage in conversation with them - because they can read anything into anything.

And you are guilty as charged!
Having worked with victims of sexual harassment abuse quite extensively, it really doesn't feel right to put this in the same category... If is was to have happened say at a bar and the lady was a bartender, it wouldn't rate.
The fact that it happened on camera seems to be the defining factor RE how serious this is and that in it self doesn't fit into the sexual harassment stream.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: His gender may be relevant, as may his position, but of what relevance is the guy's skin colour?

Right or wrong, and for whatever reason, he's defending a dark skinned person against a fair skinned person.

Seems a bit of a cheap shot; the type that's becoming more and more common on social media these days.
He's representative of the boys' club attitudes that dominate our mainstream sporting cuture. His skin colour is only relevant to me in that he's just another Cricket Australia apparatchik defending the party territory. Not too many in positions of power in Cricket Australia, or on air in Channel 9 and 10's cricket coverage, or in the AFL who aren't white, middle aged men and they all have a kind of boys' club banter and attitude.
So I mentioned his colour only because it's representative of the establishment stereotype.