NEW SPONSOR? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

NEW SPONSOR? !!

I heard on 3AW that we have knocked Puegeot back as our major sponsor because we have got a better deal from a "Financial Institution". Anyone heard anything? Announcement expected within days !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: NEW SPONSOR? !!

Eastern wrote:I heard on 3AW that we have knocked Puegeot back as our major sponsor because we have got a better deal from a "Financial Institution". Anyone heard anything? Announcement expected within days !!
Surely we would not knock back Puegeot..........but they would be still a sponsor along with this financial institution!!

saint4life
ripplug66
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Eastern wrote:I heard on 3AW that we have knocked Puegeot back as our major sponsor because we have got a better deal from a "Financial Institution". Anyone heard anything? Announcement expected within days !!
Surely we would not knock back Puegeot..........but they would be still a sponsor along with this financial institution!!

Maybe both only wanted to be a major sponsor.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Tony74 you locked in Puegeot a few weeks back (as a sponsor)..............can you comment on this?

saint4life
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I have good info that it is Pepper Finance

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Maybe it's due to security concerns because they are a French company.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Maybe it's due to security concerns because they are a French company.

I can not believe you typed that.............. :roll:

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah that would be like putting a big target on our back....perfectly logical :shock:

Isn't it time we actually had a sponsor that could build a long term relationship? Over the past decade there are really only two sponsors that stand out, being Jeld-Wen and Mortgage House. Jeld-Wen got nailed by the GFC and Mortgage House have a relatively lower profile in the mortgage market.

The pepper group already sponsor Western Sydney in the A-League and have naming rights over the Penrith Stadium in Rugby League.

Is it me or have we always just plain sucked at attracting decent sponsorship?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

I heard the people at Pepper are pigs

You are garbage - Enough said
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:I heard the people at Pepper are pigs
Maybe, but their sponsorship would be nothing to sneeze at.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt but perhaps we should go the whole hog and get them as sponsors? :mrgreen:

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

So have we cracked this whole pepper mystery yet??

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Pepper Finance's logo would blend nicely into our uniform.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt but perhaps we should go the whole hog and get them as sponsors? :mrgreen:
You'd be pretty happy if the sponsor was Sgt. Pepper stevie :D

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:Tony74 you locked in Puegeot a few weeks back (as a sponsor)..............can you comment on this?
Getting sponsorship is equivalent to an auction in the Eastern suburbs with no restrictions on foreign ownership and gazumping has become legal. Basically it's a free for all with very little rules and ethics. Couple of years ago we had Mitsubishi all tied up, we had the protypes of the polos, jumpers etc made and were trotted out to the various money men. Then all of a sudden they started to procrastinate and Dare stepped in. Basically the same thing has happened with Peugeot ( which incidently have business affiliations with Mitsubishi ). All I can say is it ain't over till the fat lady sings!
It's nice to think we have a few sponsors clambering for our club but it ain't the gold mine that some of the powerhouses have stitched up. Not yet anyway.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Some re-recorded Beatle songs to celebrate Sgt Pepper's sponsorship of the Saints:

Brucey In The Sky With Spekkies

Filling A Hole (in front of the square)

Roo's Leading Home

Getting Balic

When I'm 66

Good Smothering Good Smothering

A Jake In The Life
Last edited by stevie on Tue 24 Nov 2015 4:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
chook23 wrote:Tony74 you locked in Puegeot a few weeks back (as a sponsor)..............can you comment on this?
Getting sponsorship is equivalent to an auction in the Eastern suburbs with no restrictions on foreign ownership and gazumping has become legal. Basically it's a free for all with very little rules and ethics. Couple of years ago we had Mitsubishi all tied up, we had the protypes of the polos, jumpers etc made and were trotted out to the various money men. Then all of a sudden they started to procrastinate and Dare stepped in. Basically the same thing has happened with Peugeot ( which incidently have business affiliations with Mitsubishi ). All I can say is it ain't over till the fat lady sings!
It's nice to think we have a few sponsors clambering for our club but it ain't the gold mine that some of the powerhouses have stitched up. Not yet anyway.
Understand the difficulties.

Thanks for responding.......was in no way having a go.....but you did type......Peugeot - Definite.

My comments were along the line that maybe (hoping) both may come on board in some way....

but from your response Puegeot were a front runner but things have changed or a subject to change.

saint4life