Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

magnifisaint wrote:
Teflon wrote:Guys a cabbage I mean how much more do you need to know?
Just another DF!ck head who can play football so that's an excuse??
Won't be the last screw up - will be lucky to finish his contract with us IMO
I hope you're wrong. Could he be a bigger d**khead than Wayne Carey?
Without a doubt.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Teflon wrote:Guys a cabbage I mean how much more do you need to know?
Just another DF!ck head who can play football so that's an excuse??
Won't be the last screw up - will be lucky to finish his contract with us IMO
I hope you're wrong. Could he be a bigger d**khead than Wayne Carey?
Without a doubt.
-drugs - Yes
-Glass woman in restaurant
-shag captains Mrs
-give reference for drug dealer in court
-gangbang in hot tub
-assault woman at night club

A few more things to check off that list before he's on Wayne's level.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Jake just keep giving to Essendon
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 60d2802d82
Essendon did not know Carlisle was heading overseas and therefore did not notify ASADA.
Maybe Carlisle did tell the Bombers where he was going and what he was doing...

...and they just failed to keep a record of those details :wink:

:lol: Yes they have something of a precedent of that for shizzle.

But seriously - sweet jesus Jake. You've got a court case coming up that affects not just you but lots of other players and other clubs. It's grossly irresponsible. You didn't ask to be in this situation but here you are - You should be ticking and dotting everything correctly to maximise your chances of the best outcome. Instead it's these bizarre, reckless acts that smack to me of self-sabotage like there is a part of him that wants to get kicked out of the game because he doesn't deserve to be there. I mean snapchatting yourself taking drugs with a drug case coming up - seriously? seriously? It's like he can't handle the pressure and wants the decision taken out of his hands.

Under intense pressure like the players had a Essendon the last few year, those that are psychologically fragile can come apart at the seams and I think that is what has happened to Jake. I hope Richo can be that father figure he is in desperate need of. Richo is the perfect guy for that and they seemed to have strong bond at Dons that lead Jake here perhaps subconsciously for a father figure, to get the security and grounding he has lacked.

Lucifer was originally an angel who was thrown out of heaven after he felt the Father was not just and loving. We watched Jake fly up, up as if with powerful wings and marveled at the heights he reached. He seemed out of reach for us like angels do. But he lost his stability on top of a windy hill. Like Icarus he flew to high on borrowed wings. Blown off course and with melted wings he came crashing down to earth. He was almost swooped on by hawks before the trade winds fortuitously blew him to the land of the Saints. Let us pray The Father (Richo) shall embrace him and give him guidance and strength he needs to save his soul and he will fly to the heights he is capable of achieving.

Angel or Devil? St Jake or Jake the Snake? Wakey, wakey Jakey...get your hand of snakey. Seriously, its time to grow the hell up. You cost us pick 5 dude and hella lot of cash. Do the right thing by us from now on. Make this new land of yours a sin free premiership heaven not a scandalous, debauched hell. I'll be praying every night you choose the right path Mr Carlisle. Amen.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Feeling empathy for the Saints on this issue.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

So, McConville knew more than a WEEK before the trade, due to an enquiry from Seven.

It beggars belief that the Injectors did not hear any of this ... with Whispers Watson himself at the helm of the AFL coverage ...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news-c ... kqiww.html

Always loyal
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:So, McConville knew more than a WEEK before the trade, due to an enquiry from Seven.

It beggars belief that the Injectors did not hear any of this ... with Whispers Watson himself at the helm of the AFL coverage ...

Why keep blaming Essendon? Carlisle was asked by his manager 7 days before the trade and therefore would have known exactly what footage was floating around. He chose not to tell us to make sure the trade went through. Jake needs to be held responsible. It's hilarious how everyone tries to sweep that under the rug.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:So, McConville knew more than a WEEK before the trade, due to an enquiry from Seven.

Why keep blaming Essendon? Carlisle was asked by his manager 7 days before the trade and therefore would have known exactly what footage was floating around. He chose not to tell us to make sure the trade went through. Jake needs to be held responsible. It's hilarious how everyone tries to sweep that under the rug.
Bluthy, I know this is your thing because we have exchanged posts about it before.

Of course Jake is responsible. I'm not sweeping anything under any rug.

But forgive me for holding the very strong view that others knew, and took advantage of that.

That doesn't diminish Jake's responsibility. But it does still make me angry.

Always loyal
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not condoning Jake but sounds like he has a bunch of d**khead mates.
Hopefully he moves house, moves suburbs and moves mates.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Not condoning Jake but sounds like he has a bunch of d**khead mates.
Hopefully he moves house, moves suburbs and moves mates.
Never a true saying in this case is "you can judge a person by the quality of their friends".

Jake has some significant baggage and Im sure the club will learn from being totally bind sighted on his trade!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I wonder how RED Jake's ears are tonight? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I wonder how RED Jake's ears are tonight? !!
he's either got a huge drug problem and won't see his contract out or he will learn from it and become a star. I see it as a no lose situation. Can't get pick 5 back so make the best of a crap start. No point whinging about it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Eastern wrote:I wonder how RED Jake's ears are tonight? !!
he's either got a huge drug problem and won't see his contract out or he will learn from it and become a star. I see it as a no lose situation. Can't get pick 5 back so make the best of a crap start. No point whinging about it.
You know you are on SS right ??

bob__71
Club Player

Its starting to get to the point, with the lies and half truths, that you have to wonder if we should just work out a payout and go down seperate paths. I would at least consider a club imposed suspension for the first half of the year.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

Bluthy, I know this is your thing because we have exchanged posts about it before.

Of course Jake is responsible. I'm not sweeping anything under any rug.

But forgive me for holding the very strong view that others knew, and took advantage of that.

That doesn't diminish Jake's responsibility. But it does still make me angry.
I don't think its Channel 7's job (or Tim Watsons) to go around telling organisations of any rumors or videos or stories they may have that may impact them - they'd spend all their time doing that. Jake was an Essendon player and they went to his manager to try and confirm and Jake denied it. I'm not trying to be too puritanical as I know it would have been a damn tough position to be in for a 24 y.o. - the opportunity to get out of the hell hole of Essendon where he was treated like a human guinea pig injected with god knows what. But it does highlight his irresponsible nature that was already flagged with some of his behavior. Even the way he has played - being a unstoppable in some games and then being quiet in a lot of them shows his inconsistency and lack of responsibility as a key back so far. But he won't be the first 24 y.o to be irresponsible. He can turn it around. Even a thug leopard like Barry Hall can change his spots in the right environment (esp when the AFL allows him to punch people "out of play").

Jake is coming into the perfect environment with us. Richo will sit him down and hit him between the eyes with taking responsibility for his actions which is what he needs to hear. Hopefully Richo will be that tough-but-fair dad figure that Jake needs (rather than the narcissistic golden boy Hird). He'll put out that next year Jake could well be the senior key backman and needs to be a leader and mentor for Goddard. We are set up for development rather than flat out winning games and will probably have invested resources in counselling/pyschology that will help Jake and see how much the drugs are an issue. AS well as her development coaching, I think its great to have some female energy with Peta. Females tend to be a bit more sensitive to peoples emotional states.

So I've still got great hope for Jake. With Goddard and McCArtin, he could be one of the pillars that we build our premiership team around. But there is no disguising the flaws that are there now. We've got to look at it with eyes wide open. The best backmen are rock solid types. Will he be stable and consistent enough to be the key backman we need? Thats' the multi-million dollar bet we have made.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Its starting to get to the point, with the lies and half truths, that you have to wonder if we should just work out a payout and go down seperate paths. I would at least consider a club imposed suspension for the first half of the year.
Why cut your nose to spite your face? Work with what you've got and turn it into a positive. He was hired to play football not to be a choir boy. As long as he keeps his nose clean and plays good footy then all ends well. Most of you wouldn't know that Ian Stewart triple Brownlow medalist used to dress in women's clothes and Jack himself off outside of primary schools while watching kids go home. Who is the bigger moron and who would you rather have? Get with it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

If Essendon knew, surely they would have taken unders the week before to get it done before the poo hit the fan. The fact they hung strong and got what they wanted suggests to me they had no idea, or Dildodo was very ballsy.

Saintsational Legend

good point

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:If Essendon knew, surely they would have taken unders the week before to get it done before the poo hit the fan. The fact they hung strong and got what they wanted suggests to me they had no idea, or Dildodo was very ballsy.
You would think so. Although it could also mean that they had some control over the release of the footage. The timing was perfection from their perspective.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Like hell they didnt know.

Timwit would have been all over it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

They didn't know about the ASADA investigation when they self-reported either.

loris
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:They didn't know about the ASADA investigation when they self-reported either.
You are a cynical beast markp! :wink: :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
markp wrote:They didn't know about the ASADA investigation when they self-reported either.
You are a cynical beast markp! :wink: :wink:
:P

I'm not saying they knew, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And if they knew and didn't tell us, then it's no great leap in (un)ethics to seek to suppress the story until (amazingly just) after the deal is done, or to then lie about it afterwards.

They did have a lot to lose, and we already know they're liars and cheats....

bob__71
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Its starting to get to the point, with the lies and half truths, that you have to wonder if we should just work out a payout and go down seperate paths. I would at least consider a club imposed suspension for the first half of the year.
Why cut your nose to spite your face? Work with what you've got and turn it into a positive. He was hired to play football not to be a choir boy. As long as he keeps his nose clean and plays good footy then all ends well. Most of you wouldn't know that Ian Stewart triple Brownlow medalist used to dress in women's clothes and Jack himself off outside of primary schools while watching kids go home. Who is the bigger moron and who would you rather have? Get with it.
You wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face. But you wouldn't leave a acid on it just because the salesman told you it was moisturiser and you had paid money for it.

Wayno

Just Posted by the Heraldsun

DISGRACED St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle has been suspended by the AFL for the first two games of next year’s home-and-away season.

Significant financial sanctions have also been imposed on the former Essendon defender by the Saints as a result of his Snapchat video calamity.

Carlisle’s package of penalties was ticked off after he fronted the club’s leadership group and St Kilda bosses on Wednesday.

Skipper Nick Riewoldt is holidaying in the US but took part in the meeting by telephone.

The AFL integrity unit conducted an investigation into Carlisle’s behaviour during a recent trip to the United States and handed down the suspension under disrepute rules.

Carlisle is free to take part in the NAB Challenge, but the AFL and St Kilda worked together to take a strong stand.

Carlisle has been stripped of a major marketing component of his four-year $600,000-plus contract and has also agreed to new performance-based clauses.

Effectively, his old contract — agreed to just hours before footage emerged of Carlisle snorting white lines of powder — has been ripped up and rewritten.

He has also been encouraged to accept a formal strike under the AFL’s illicit drugs code.

The AFL and St Kilda are expected to release a statement this afternoon.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope the AFL and other clubs are consistent in matters such as this. I would hate to see Eddie's boys and the Hawks just disappear off the media radar if they were in a similar situation. The Hawks are doing a good job of keeping their current scandal quiet..dunno how they're doing it.