Second video..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Second video..

There is a lot more to come yet. Like Lovett the guy may never get to pull on a saints jumper.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:There is a lot more to come yet. Like Lovett the guy may never get to pull on a saints jumper.

Well we have him so lets hope he does. if he doesn't its a disaster. I'm hoping its all finished and he has learnt his lesson.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

So lets have it then
Do it now, don't f*** about

If there'smore and hhe knows it then they have to get it all out now before the media makes a massive song and dance about it.

Because if in two days more s*** comes out and we as a club have not been told so can't get on the front foot....then he needs to be sacked
f*** pick 5 and what anyone says...be would have to go.
Be 100% honest and open
Can't get any worse

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:There is a lot more to come yet. Like Lovett the guy may never get to pull on a saints jumper.
Like what?

8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.

ripplug66
Club Player

IanRush wrote:
stkmo wrote:Seen it. Not ideal..

Not good. Let's hope it doesn't come out.
If true, St Kilda should sue one of either McConville or Essendon, or possibly the AFL.

Someone has obviously been sitting on these videos for a while.

Looking at the ‘motives’ of who would want to screw Jake, Finger No 1 starts at EFC “he’s left the sinking ship, let’s screw him over”.

Makes no sense at all that Essendon leaked the video. They were leaked before he was even traded. Why would Essendon do that? And its nothing to do with the AFL. Not everything is about suing. The club will sort through it and suing just makes the problem worse.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about you just blurt it out!

matrix wrote:So lets have it then

If there'smore and hhe knows it then they have to get it all out now before the media makes a massive song and dance about it.

Because if in two days more s*** comes out and we as a club have not been told so can't get on the front foot....then he needs to be sacked
Be 100% honest and open
Can't get any worse
I not saying that there are more videos or s*** like that about.What I was alluding to is some action as a result of what's already gone down

The saints are coping heaps of s*** in the press , including the rehashing of the lovett saga, the school girl fiasco and the nude photo scandal.

They will want it all to go away.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... kfk6a.html

"Had St Kilda been aware of the Vegas video just one day earlier, the trade with Essendon would have been scuppered. But the view of the AFL Players Association is that there are no legal grounds for the Saints to renege on or revise Jake Carlisle's contract.

The Saints have been blindsided, not simply by Carlisle's remarkable stupidity – to entrap yourself on social media imbibing a powder is quite an achievement – but by incredible misfortune with the timing. The club did not become aware of the video, which was recorded within the past week, until just hours after the trade with Essendon was completed. While chief executive Matt Finnis would not directly answer that burning question, it is inconceivable the Saints would have exchanged draft picks for and handed a significant contract to a player who has brought them considerable grief before he even arrived at the club."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 7578968400

""St Kilda also has an obligation to prove to its fan base the bad old days are long gone.

Think St Kilda and crisis and the incidents just keep flowing.

The St Kilda schoolgirl scandal and all those nude photos.

Andrew Lovett’s recruitment (from Essendon like Carlisle) which ended before Round 1 had even rolled around.
A screengrab from the video that appeared on A Current Affair. Supplied: Channel 9

The dwarf-lighting incident during Mad Monday celebrations in 2013, another sorry incident to find its way onto A Current Affair.

And the “misuse” of prescription drugs on a 2011 New Zealand training camp that saw players mixing drugs and alcohol while breaking team curfew.

Those four players Zac Dawson, Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven and Paul Cahill, were all banned from entering the club for six weeks."
Last edited by saynta on Fri 23 Oct 2015 10:35am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about I don't.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about I don't.
You're suggesting there is more to come out and he might never play for our club. Simple question. What and Why? Or are you just trying to stir up s***?

Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about I don't.
How about you stop making dramatic statements only to backpedal when somebody calls you on it.

I not saying that there are more videos or s*** like that about. What I was alluding to is some action as a result of what's already gone down
Full reverse gear engaged.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about I don't.
You're suggesting there is more to come out and he might never play for our club. Simple question. What and Why? Or are you just trying to stir up s***?
For the second, and last time, I am not saying that there is more s*** to come out. And I am definitely not trying to stir up s***.

What I said was that the guy may never pull on a saints jumper.

I'm sure you can work out that something must be going on behind the scenes.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
saynta wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Like what?
Wait and see.
How about I don't.
How about you stop making dramatic statements only to backpedal when somebody calls you on it.

I not saying that there are more videos or s*** like that about. What I was alluding to is some action as a result of what's already gone down
Full reverse gear engaged.
How about you never respond to me ever again.

I certainly won't be to you.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

OK well thanks for clearing if up
I thought more footage of something even more stupid.

Are you saying you know there is more to come, or you think its a big possibility there is more to come as an opinion?
Because right now after rwading that articls im about readg to do 180.
Almost ready to join the sack him brigade
Screw the lost pick
s*** happens

Whaf a cluster f*** this has turned out to be

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Seems pretty obvious to me that Saynta is saying that 'more to come' is in the form of the ramifications of what Jake has done. And there's obviously a possibility he'll be sacked.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Personally, I think the STKFC have been treated relatively well by the media.

Harking back to Lovett, schoolgirl scandal, dwarf burning etc is only to show that that type of behaviour is a world away from what Finnis and Richardson has produced in two short years.

The coverage from a St.Kilda standpoint has be supportive.

I feel very confident and happy the general AFL and its media are looking at the Saints in a different light.

Its almost like the attitude is "Carlisle is a bit of a problem, but the Saints will sort him out". A far cry from the perception of our club was a few years back.

What saynta says is true, Carlisle is a bloody dill who may not have the brains to understand the gravity of the situation for him as a footballer and the big $$$$ he is earning, and him as a person.

He could end up like Franklin and be a top footballer (until Franklin toppled over again) or he could end up like Angwin.

If it is the latter it will be his fault and his only. It wont be for the want of trying from the STKFC.

You are garbage - Enough said
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Culture is found in yoghurt, not footy clubs.
Karma Chameleon

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Culture is found in yoghurt, not footy clubs.
Karma Chameleon
Church of the poisoned mind?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saynta wrote:

Be 100% honest and open
Can't get any worse
I not saying that there are more videos or s*** like that about.What I was alluding to is some action as a result of what's already gone down

The saints are coping heaps of s*** in the press , including the rehashing of the lovett saga, the school girl fiasco and the nude photo scandal.

"Had St Kilda been aware of the Vegas video just one day earlier, the trade with Essendon would have been scuppered. But the view of the AFL Players Association is that there are no legal grounds for the Saints to renege on or revise Jake Carlisle's contract.

The Saints have been blindsided, not simply by Carlisle's remarkable stupidity – to entrap yourself on social media imbibing a powder is quite an achievement – but by incredible misfortune with the timing. The club did not become aware of the video, which was recorded within the past week, until just hours after the trade with Essendon was completed. While chief executive Matt Finnis would not directly answer that burning question, it is inconceivable the Saints would have exchanged draft picks for and handed a significant contract to a player who has brought them considerable grief before he even arrived at the club."

""St Kilda also has an obligation to prove to its fan base the bad old days are long gone.

Andrew Lovett’s recruitment (from Essendon like Carlisle) which ended before Round 1 had even rolled around.
A screengrab from the video that appeared on A Current Affair. Supplied: Channel 9

The dwarf-lighting incident during Mad Monday celebrations in 2013, another sorry incident to find its way onto A Current Affair.

And the “misuse” of prescription drugs on a 2011 New Zealand training camp that saw players mixing drugs and alcohol while breaking team curfew.

Those four players Zac Dawson, Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven and Paul Cahill, were all banned from entering the club for six weeks."
So let me get this right, you're saying that there is no more controversial footage coming, but we will sack him even after our CEO stood in front of the press and said that we wouldn't. Surely before Finnis had the presser he would've spoken to the board, the coaching staff and the leadership group to confirm our stance. To then turn around and sack Carlisle would make us look stupid.
Finnis is a smart operator so I call crap on your "scoop"

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Personally, I think the STKFC have been treated relatively well by the media.
I tend to agree, and we're bloody lucky IMO...after all, we did chase Carlisle, reportedly we chased Bennell until the proverbial hit the fan...what were we thinking!? This seems to be yet another problem of our own making and the media has held off applying the big stick, for now.

For the record, pretty sure no-one's going to be suing anyone, that's not going to make the problem disappear or allow anyone to settle down and focus. Finnis has inadvertently backed himself into a corner re: contract by his past support of Lovett's contract during his AFLPA days, so we're snookered...we either work with what we've got, or blow the whole thing apart and turn it into one unholy mess.

In regard to player manager behaviour...this is the second incident of a club being blind-sided by a player manager (allegedly) this draft period, how about a code of conduct? Or are the AFL too weak to clamp down on it?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saynta wrote:

Be 100% honest and open
Can't get any worse

So let me get this right, you're saying that there is no more controversial footage coming, but we will sack him even after our CEO stood in front of the press and said that we wouldn't. Surely before Finnis had the presser he would've spoken to the board, the coaching staff and the leadership group to confirm our stance. To then turn around and sack Carlisle would make us look stupid.
Up to you.And I didn't say that there was no more controversial footage coming. I haven't a clue if there is or isn't and I never inferred there was. Further you point out where I said that the club was going to sack him. I never said that either.

What I said was that like Lovett, Jake may not ever pull on a Saints jumper.

Time will tell.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 23 Oct 2015 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I have to say I'm really surprised by St Kilda fans response across the board, the vast majority of people who think he should be sacked seem to be saints fans.

Most other people see it for what it is, an idiot did something stupid and some opportunistic individuals took advantage of it.

If the saints were to sack Carlisle over this it would send a far worse message to society than what Carlisle did.

I am not a huge fan of Chris Judd but his recent words about drug use in the AFL were spot on, he seems to have a far better understanding of the issues at play than the melodramatics who think the sky is falling.

When we got Carlisle I decided to buy a second membership to support the club for the remarkable work they're doing at the moment, if we were to just ditch him at the first sign of trouble I will most definitely reconsider it.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
lewdogs
Club Player

saynta wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
saynta wrote:

Be 100% honest and open
Can't get any worse

Up to you.And I didn't say that there was no more controversial footage coming. I haven't a clue if there is or isn't and I never inferred there was,
He's our player now. Hopefully he's learnt a bit about his so called mates and this sparks a full life turn around. End of the day he's ours now and we need to stick by him. He's on mast chance, but deserves at least one.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Let's all chill out and wait and see what tomorrow brings................ now wasn't that a song from yesteryear? Who knows what tune the Saints will be singing by next week???????????

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saynta wrote:
How about you never respond to me ever again.

I certainly won't be to you.
Bet you will Stinger, probably under another ID.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.