Second video..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Second video..

Oh
Boy
Wowee

This just gets better.

I like how we passed up petracca cause he's a bit of a d**khead.

Here's an idea : never trade a first round pick to Essendon under any circumstances. Ever.

If jake was "committed" to us then we should have engineered a better trade or walked him to the PSD...

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Sobraz wrote:The Cats have/had plenty of dickheads on their list. Led by their coach, who puts Carlisle in the shade.

It's just that those Cat dickheads were excellent at football.

No dickheads policy and 'culture' is the biggest myth in our game.
well said.

Scoop
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
Sobraz wrote:The Cats have/had plenty of dickheads on their list. Led by their coach, who puts Carlisle in the shade.

well said.
+1

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

culture isn't a myth that's rubbish - look at Essendon if you need an example

Cooks comments were when choosing a player with talent and a suspect attitude or a player with less talent but right attitude they made a conscious decision to go the latter and it paid dividends. Yes, they pulled in some egos' (Stevie J) but even he toed the line and they went on to success. That's culture, that's the pressure a good environment can provide - no myth.

“Yeah….nah””
Scoop
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Cooks comments were when choosing a player with talent and a suspect attitude or a player with less talent but right attitude they made a conscious decision to go the latter and it paid dividends. Yes, they pulled in some egos' (Stevie J) but even he toed the line and they went on to success. That's culture, that's the pressure a good environment can provide - no myth.
He only toed the line AFTER he f***** up.

Hopefully our boy will now do the same.
Last edited by Scoop on Thu 22 Oct 2015 11:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Teflon wrote:

He only towed the line AFTER he f***** up.

Hopefully our boy will now do the same.
Ofcourse he did and that's the culture point so hows that a myth??? The club took a stand and were going to give him the arse if Johnson didn't toe the line. IF/WHEN our boy f**** up again lets hope we're strong enough to do same but lets be clear there were many around saying Jake comes with trouble.....it wasn't all unknown...
Lets just hope he changes his spots...tough ask.

“Yeah….nah””
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

What a disaster this bloke is turning out to be. You cant tell me Essendon and AFL didnt know about his drug use? Its almost like a complete setup by Essendon to take the pressure off their WADA issues - they are that corrupt? This is exactly the sort of thing organised crime gangs do to take the focus off themselves.

They will bring in hair testing next year with much stronger illicit drug policies, but in the mean time hopefully the club has him in an outpatients rehab program to prevent further incidents.

Finnis and the club need to look at seriously reducing his contract and suing McConville, Essendon and who else had prior knkwledge/evidence of this rubbish.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Those who believe culture is a myth are kidding themselves.

Culture isn't about being a goody two-shoes. Of course, not screwing up is a part of it, but it's not everything.

In fact, it's how you manage those individual screw ups that are the best test of an organisation's culture.

Are they sufficiently strong enough to re-integrate that individual back into the program and make them re-commit to those around them and the greater ideal? Are they willing to sacrifice their small temptations for a shot at something much bigger and meaningful?

Good culture comes about in the little things: turning up for training early. Being professional in your rehabilitation when injured. Supporting younger teammates, not bullying them. Engaging positively with sponsors, fans and the media. Applying yourself in training at 100% physical and mental capacity every single day - without excuses. Spending time working on deficiencies, even if it means cutting into your down time and social life.

These are the hallmarks of good culture.

Culture will never be perfect, because 42 young men from different rungs of society, when grouped together, cannot be perfect.

But you can manage their flaws, within reason, and endeavour to extract the most from their ability. I think we did that with Michael Gardiner, FWIW.

Either way, this is our test with Carlisle. He has to learn the value of sacrifice, of the opportunity he's been given, and the need to win back the trust of every single person involved with this club. We have to provide the framework for him to have a crack at redeeming himself.

After all, that's what good cultures provide.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

ripplug66
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:What a disaster this bloke is turning out to be. You cant tell me Essendon and AFL didnt know about his drug use? Its almost like a complete setup by Essendon to take the pressure off their WADA issues - they are that corrupt? This is exactly the sort of thing organised crime gangs do to take the focus off themselves.

They will bring in hair testing next year with much stronger illicit drug policies, but in the mean time hopefully the club has him in an outpatients rehab program to prevent further incidents.

Finnis and the club need to look at seriously reducing his contract and suing McConville, Essendon and who else had prior knkwledge/evidence of this rubbish.

You are obviously joking. How would the AFL or Essendon know if he didn't have strike? And as if Essendon would set it up and release the stuff before he was traded. The contract is set. Unfortunately he would have to agree to a pay cut because there will be nothing in the contract about this stuff.

And if there is another video that will be 2 strikes which isn't ideal. mattr of fact the next one is the end for a long while. Then his contract can be reduced. I hope that never happens.

resaintlee
Club Player

My partner describes culture as 'how we do things around here'. He has to learn our Club's culture is certainly different to what he has come from.

ripplug66
Club Player

resaintlee wrote:My partner describes culture as 'how we do things around here'. He has to learn our Club's culture is certainly different to what he has come from.

To be honest I reckon all of that is a lot of crap. Essendon whilst they have stuffed up with maybe using PEDS well they have never been known as a party club. We have previously but that doesn't mean we are now even though most of us know we have one player who has really given it a shake. Carlisle didn't use overseas because Essendon are a party club. He wasn't even with them. The guys is obviously a very silly man and would have done it with any club. Look at Hawks. The family club. Hodge and now 2 others in the space of 2 months. Swings and silly roundabouts.

Carlisle wont change because of our club. He needs to change because he wants to.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
resaintlee wrote:My partner describes culture as 'how we do things around here'. He has to learn our Club's culture is certainly different to what he has come from.

To be honest I reckon all of that is a lot of crap. Essendon whilst they have stuffed up with maybe using PEDS well they have never been known as a party club. We have previously but that doesn't mean we are now even though most of us know we have one player who has really given it a shake. Carlisle didn't use overseas because Essendon are a party club. He wasn't even with them. The guys is obviously a very silly man and would have done it with any club. Look at Hawks. The family club. Hodge and now 2 others in the space of 2 months. Swings and silly roundabouts.

Carlisle wont change because of our club. He needs to change because he wants to.
Carlisle may change because of our club because he hated Essendon

He's now in a supportive environment not a litigious one that had a deluded coach and board.

He's a d**khead posting the video but clearly had little support or direction at his old club.
Surely you know that?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Carlisle may change because of our club because he hated Essendon

He's now in a supportive environment not a litigious one that had a deluded coach and board.

He's a d**khead posting the video but clearly had little support or direction at his old club.
Surely you know that?

So every other player is the same from their club? I don't think so. It is his doing. No point in blaming others unless there is a history of that from the other club. I cant see that.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Pretty sure this is a troll.

ripplug66
Club Player

markp wrote:Pretty sure this is a troll.

I doubt he has seem it as he stated but channel 10 did mention they were offered it on the news last night.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

I don't agree with that at all.

Of course there's no guarantee that just because we have a strong 'culture' at the club at the moment that he will change - but environment is the most significant factor in people's behaviors.

I mean f***, Jobe Watson found it all too much and was on the piss overseas whilst his team were still playing! There's no way in hell that that would have happened if the Essendon environment wasn't so toxic.

God knows what other outlets their players were resorting to.

As I said, there's no guarantees - but being in a good environment is the best place to start if change is going to happen.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Culture is found in yoghurt, not footy clubs.

ripplug66
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

I don't agree with that at all.

Of course there's no guarantee that just because we have a strong 'culture' at the club at the moment that he will change - but environment is the most significant factor in people's behaviors.

I mean f***, Jobe Watson found it all too much and was on the piss overseas whilst his team were still playing! There's no way in hell that that would have happened if the Essendon environment wasn't so toxic.

God knows what other outlets their players were resorting to.

As I said, there's no guarantees - but being in a good environment is the best place to start if change is going to happen.

So who are all the Essendon players who have stuffed up in the last 3 years? Where is the history? I'm shocked you don't agree. Carlisle did this on his own. He didn't suddenly say the pressure is to much so I will film myself snorting a drug and send it to a mate. No doubt the pressure was huge because of the PEDS scndel but I don't think Carlisle would even be blaming that for his stupidly. There seems to much proof that the man isn't very smart.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It was well known within the bomber camp that Carlisle was a loose cannon. They wanted to keep him because he can play, but were VERY frustrated with certain aspects of his lifestyle. How the saints couldn't know this is beyond me.

The fact is, footy clubs tolerate certain behaviours from certain players if those players win you games of footy. Do you reckon Buddy was a choir boy at the hawks for 10 years? A hawks official told me once that 70% of his time was taken up managing 5% of the list. I guess the difference is that on the field Buddy always trained hard and had a good attitude. Jake now has to show that he is capable of doing this as well.

If Jake pulls his head in and drags in 15 marks in the first game, most on here will be chuckling about what happened in October 2015. Not saying supporters don't have any right to be furious and extremely nervous as to what our club has just acquired, but all the hand wringing in the world won't change what has happened. I think it's pointless to talk about tearing up contracts etc.

Legendary
Club Player

Actually a great opportunity for us.

Carlisle is a wayward 24 year old from a club with a poor culture and a disinterested playing group.

In 2 years time, if Carlisle is All-Australian CHB, has turned his life around and is playing consistent outstanding footy with a more mature attitude, everyone will look at the Saints and say "great club, great culture, well done."

Caro nailed it in her article.

Give JC 6 months with Roo and Richo and he will pull his head in.

stkmo
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
markp wrote:Pretty sure this is a troll.

I doubt he has seem it as he stated but channel 10 did mention they were offered it on the news last night.
Some of you.. Honestly.

Back to bigfooty for me.

markp
Saintsational Legend

:cry:

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

stkmo wrote:Seen it. Not ideal..

Not good. Let's hope it doesn't come out.
If true, St Kilda should sue one of either McConville or Essendon, or possibly the AFL.

Someone has obviously been sitting on these videos for a while.

Looking at the ‘motives’ of who would want to screw Jake, Finger No 1 starts at EFC “he’s left the sinking ship, let’s screw him over”.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Looking at the ‘motives’ of who would want to screw Jake, Finger No 1 starts at EFC “he’s left the sinking ship, let’s screw him over”.
Yes, the timing is suspicious to say the least.

Meanwhile we should start renegotiating Carlisle's contract on the basis that we can't possibly bring him in as one of our higher paid players after what has happened.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 23 Oct 2015 9:46am, edited 1 time in total.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:

well said.
I'll second that. I worked in the "industry" for 14 years. If the average punter really new what actually goes on, they'd do a Richmond and melt their membership cards in the microwave. There is only one thing everyone involved really cares about and that's who wins on Grand Final day. Hawthorn and Geelong are classic examples of this. If it meant winning a premiership, most people wouldn't give two hoots if the entire list was drafted from Odyssey House.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!