Pick 5

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Re: Pick 5

SaintPav wrote:
Middo wrote:
RavsterII wrote:
SaintPav wrote:So you are going to start a thread on every trade thought bubble you have?
I'm just here to post up information I have gathered from other websites about trade and draft period. (One of my interests that makes me enjoy the off-season) My intention is to Post info about St kilda that could have interest to others and to see others views and opinions not to disrupt or annoy.
Wouldn't take much notice of some of the posters here champ as they just got rid of one of the biggest pests..
Think Rhys Mathieson would be great but like Darcy Parish but think he might go before our pick.

Take a good look in the mirror Middo by reading back some of your disgusting posts, champ.
Really couldn't be bothered as couldn't give a rats arse what I've posted in the past but would think disgusting is a little over the top but no doubt you can refresh my memory if you need to troll back over my old posts.
Anyway champ I'm still running with Mathieson.... :lol:

PS - Tad touchy

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Francis

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

If Mathieson, Francis, or Parish are still available @ 5, it will be an interesting pick.

However think only one of the three will be available whichever one is available should be taken.

You are garbage - Enough said
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:If Mathieson, Francis, or Parish are still available @ 5, it will be an interesting pick.

However think only one of the three will be available whichever one is available should be taken.
I had another look over the expected top 10. Weitering and Schache are one and two pretty much cemented in. Parish the next best player probably but as a mid may just drop a place but can't imagine he gets to 5. Francis to me is too good to pass up at 4 but thats' the Bombers pick so they might go for needs and not really require another mid sized defensive player with Goddard and Gwilt there. Curnow was tipped to go as high as 4 as he is very highly rated on his potential, some suggest he has Stringer like traits.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Essendon told to go stick their thymosin beta 4.
Saints hold on to and use pick 5 in the national draft to get a future superstar midfielder.
Saints hold on to and use next years first round pick in that national draft to get a future superstar midfielder.

Essendon take whatever St Kilda offers or Carlisle goes into the pre season draft
Either Carlton take him with psd pick 1, Essendon reclaim a reluctant player with psd pick 4 or the Saints take him at psd pick 5.

Simple really.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Essendon told to go stick their thymosin beta 4.
Saints hold on to and use pick 5 in the national draft to get a future superstar midfielder.
Saints hold on to and use next years first round pick in that national draft to get a future superstar midfielder.

Essendon take whatever St Kilda offers or Carlisle goes into the pre season draft
Either Carlton take him with psd pick 1, Essendon reclaim a reluctant player with psd pick 4 or the Saints take him at psd pick 5.

Simple really.
yep. no sleep lost

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="magnifisaint"][quote="ace"]Essendon told to go stick their thymosin beta 4.

Simple really.[/quote]
yep. no sleep lost[/quote]

And doesn't Carlisle put a price to his name so whoever picks him has to pay that amount?
That would mean only Saints would pick him

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Simple really.
Exactly right
Pick 5 for an uncontracted player with question marks on him...get real.

Nee!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Simple really.
yep. no sleep lost

And doesn't Carlisle put a price to his name so whoever picks him has to pay that amount?
That would mean only Saints would pick him
Yep and Saints have 1.5 mill available in the SC.

Worst comes to worst we front end a one year deal for 1.5 mill and work the rest in 2016

Anyone want to match 1.5 mill for a one year contract?

Good luck.

You are garbage - Enough said
gessdoss

1.5 Mil may aswell offer Trelor that and steal his from the pies.

resaintlee
Club Player

We could probably get our own Rioli with pick 5. Did well in the relative vertical jump (he does have classy relatives), 20m sprints, 30m repeat sprints, 3k and clean hands test.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote:We could probably get our own Rioli with pick 5. Did well in the relative vertical jump (he does have classy relatives), 20m sprints, 30m repeat sprints, 3k and clean hands test.
Dominated the pre GF game as well. Hes going to be a star

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re Rioli:
If we are serious at competing with the most talented teams in 2018/2019/2020 maybe we should go down this path if we want some magic.

However, imo t'll be pointless investing in a player without the support and the peer group. Unless you've got senior indigenous guys in the team that are respected as leaders it is not the way to go right now.

If we are fair dinkum at recruiting indigenous players and to be succesful at holding on to your talent we need a dedicated welfare outfit headed up by X or Raf or even Gilly. Then we start off with a leader first before we look to recruit young blokes.