2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

gringo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Playon wrote:From Brianspeaking at BF

"We are not trading pick 5.

Carlisle agreed to play with us two weeks ago, as I and my other profiles posted.

Ross won't go anywhere.

Hickey MAY be traded if it's an early teen pick with Dogs sending their first, Hrovat and a swap of later picks back. Personally I wouldn't deal with them, they are in our window.

We are in the mix for another really good player, more will come out Monday week."

jaxons any further news here? :)
Interesting. Very interesting. I dont understand the logic for not trading with the Dogs because they are 'in our window''? Surely we assess each trade on its own merits. I mean if they offer pick 10 for Ray would you take it? Of course you would.
I believe BS when he says Ross isnt going anywhere. Coach seems to be in love with Ross and we are desperate for clearance players.

if the Dogs truly offer us pick 10 for Hickey - I think we have to take that. I dont think we can refuse. We can get a seriously good midfielder at pick 10.
Exactly but unfortunately no one is going to offer pick 10 or close to it for Hickey. We really need to be fair dinkum with what we think we will get otherwise people claim we are no good at trading. Hickey is at best a 15 to 20 pick and that's probably to high. As far as trading with clubs luckily the club wont give a rats who they trade with as long as they think they are getting the best deal.

We paid pick 13 for him, I don't think that's beyond his price now. If the medical staff think he's okay I can't see any reason he wouldn't be worth a pick around that. I think 10 could be a possibility but we would need to do some swap backs in the later picks probably. The most likely is a straight swap for Carlisle though you would reckon. I personally would like to keep Hickey even if he doesn't play every week. He is going to be a very good player just at the time we are challenging again and rucks have the most injury prone bodies.
Yep, spot on. You don't give away players like that. We have let Stanley go, which I agreed with, and traded Ben McEvoy, but if we let Hickey (or Longer for that matter) go, it is a case of robbing Peter to pay paul and we will get exactly nowhere fast.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Playon wrote:From Brianspeaking at BF

"We are not trading pick 5.

Carlisle agreed to play with us two weeks ago, as I and my other profiles posted.

Ross won't go anywhere.

Hickey MAY be traded if it's an early teen pick with Dogs sending their first, Hrovat and a swap of later picks back. Personally I wouldn't deal with them, they are in our window.

We are in the mix for another really good player, more will come out Monday week."

jaxons any further news here? :)
Interesting. Very interesting. I dont understand the logic for not trading with the Dogs because they are 'in our window''? Surely we assess each trade on its own merits. I mean if they offer pick 10 for Ray would you take it? Of course you would.
I believe BS when he says Ross isnt going anywhere. Coach seems to be in love with Ross and we are desperate for clearance players.

if the Dogs truly offer us pick 10 for Hickey - I think we have to take that. I dont think we can refuse. We can get a seriously good midfielder at pick 10.
Exactly but unfortunately no one is going to offer pick 10 or close to it for Hickey. We really need to be fair dinkum with what we think we will get otherwise people claim we are no good at trading. Hickey is at best a 15 to 20 pick and that's probably to high. As far as trading with clubs luckily the club wont give a rats who they trade with as long as they think they are getting the best deal.

We paid pick 13 for him, I don't think that's beyond his price now. If the medical staff think he's okay I can't see any reason he wouldn't be worth a pick around that. I think 10 could be a possibility but we would need to do some swap backs in the later picks probably. The most likely is a straight swap for Carlisle though you would reckon. I personally would like to keep Hickey even if he doesn't play every week. He is going to be a very good player just at the time we are challenging again and rucks have the most injury prone bodies.
Yep, spot on. You don't give away players like that. We have let Stanley go, which I agreed with, and traded Ben McEvoy, but if we let Hickey (or Longer for that matter) go, it is a case of robbing Peter to pay paul and we will get exactly nowhere fast.

Surely it depends on the deal itself? Would you take pick 4 for Hickey?

ripplug66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Exactly. Just about every player is tradable even Billings if we were offered Bont would get interest. The reason I still say a ruck is tradable is because we have 2 and only really one can play in the side. Hickey was tried forward and whilst he did it well a couple of times he mainly failed and was dropped at least twice because of it. I'm not saying we should trade but we need to look at all possibilities especially if one of those offered pretty good value spent half the year in the seconds.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:It doesn't matter what we paid for him in terms of what we would get now. But he wasn't traded for Pick 13. It was Hickey 25 and 46 for 13, 36 and 55 which would put him around 22 based on the points tables.
Pretty close, looks like 23:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value ... ckey,25,46

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Exactly. Just about every player is tradable even Billings if we were offered Bont would get interest. The reason I still say a ruck is tradable is because we have 2 and only really one can play in the side. Hickey was tried forward and whilst he did it well a couple of times he mainly failed and was dropped at least twice because of it. I'm not saying we should trade but we need to look at all possibilities especially if one of those offered pretty good value spent half the year in the seconds.
Hale and McEvoy, who are currently enjoying their second flag say BOLLOCKS

You are garbage - Enough said
seano1
Club Player

Hickey has to go...........

saintjake
Club Player

Does anyone here rate Jay Clarke from the Hearld Sun?

He was the one that tweeted possibly Billings for Carlisle.

And in a Q&A today someone asked him who the Saints would have to give up if they were going to keep pick 5 and get Carlisle and he said Acres.

He can't be serious can he?

For mine he seems to have a big reputation but I haven't seen him get anything right so far - aside from the obvious.

Thoughts..

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Does anyone here rate Jay Clarke from the Hearld Sun?

And in a Q&A today someone asked him who the Saints would have to give up if they were going to keep pick 5 and get Carlisle and he said Acres.

For mine he seems to have a big reputation but I haven't seen him get anything right so far - aside from the obvious.

Thoughts..
Why do people buy into this crap and conflate entertainment with journalism.

It's not even wise speculation.

He's guessing but the fact that we need mids more than we need KPP tells me that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He's trolling for content and hits.

Useless flog.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Hallalj#3
Club Player

Heard Luke Parkers name come up today from someone in the know..
Last edited by Hallalj#3 on Mon 05 Oct 2015 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Heard Luke Parkersburg name come up today from someone in the know..
what does that mean?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Hallalj#3
Club Player

We're asking about him apparently..

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:We're asking about him apparently..
never heard of him

Kernal75
Club Player

Big Footy board is awash with speculation that North are into Montagna and Saints are open to the idea of trading him. The story goes he wants one last crack at a premiership and wants to explore the idea of moving clubs.

evo
Club Player

Kernal75 wrote:Big Footy board is awash with speculation that North are into Montagna and Saints are open to the idea of trading him. The story goes he wants one last crack at a premiership and wants to explore the idea of moving clubs.
Heard the same thing two weeks ago. Didn't want to say anything,

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Big Footy board is awash with speculation that North are into Montagna and Saints are open to the idea of trading him. The story goes he wants one last crack at a premiership and wants to explore the idea of moving clubs.
If he wants to go for one last crack I certainly wouldn't have any issues. If he wanted to go to North I think we should try and get him there.

We should be able to get a 2nd round pick for him despite his age given his current output and the state of North's list but if they would be willing to downgrade their first that might be the better result.

Our 2nd and 3rd to Collingwood for Freeman and their 2nd.
Collingwood's 2nd and Montagna to North for their 1st.
North's 1st for Carlisle.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

North Melbourne is becoming a retirement home. I think he's wasting his time going there.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:North Melbourne is becoming a retirement home. I think he's wasting his time going there.
Agreed, I don't believe the rumour for a second myself.

Joey has a pretty good footy brain and I wouldn't be surprised to see North miss the finals next year. If he just wanted that last crack at a flag he could go to Hawthorn on minimum coin... hell we could even pay a chunk of his salary if they'd give us their first for him :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Playon
Club Player

No chance either Jake will stay at Bombers

Essendon duo Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham will eventually leave the club despite new coach John Worsfold claiming he will speak with the pair about their futures.

“I think you’ll find that Carlisle will choose between St Kilda and Carlton and I still think the Saints are in the box seat there – you can count the Bulldogs out,” said Anderson.

“Melksham will certainly be out the door and probably to the Dees from what we are hearing.

Playon
Club Player

Hallalj#3 wrote:Heard Luke Parkers name come up today from someone in the know..
I wouldn't mind if we went down this path Leuenberger is tipped to go to the Bombers so Sydney will still need a ruck. Hickey a possibility? Plus overs?

JOM next year? and with Freeman this year our midfield would be looking pretty good.

Hope we don't sell the farm for Carlisle.

Playon
Club Player

The trade rumour mill has put up Luke Parker as a chance of being lured south by Melbourne on a lucrative long-term contract.

Those whispers will not eventuate to anything further according to Jon Ralph who believes the Sydney midfielder is close to re-signing with the Swans.

He described it as a similar situation to Hamish Hartlett at Port Adelaide where other clubs though they would try their luck with a substantial offer.

Parker has become one of the team’s elite players and with one year to go on his contract will be a top priority for John Longmire as his team.

“We’ve done some investigations and it is not going to happen according to Kinnear Beatson the Sydney list manager,” said Ralph on SEN radio.

“As he said, he’s the most loyal bloke out there and is burning to win a premiership.

“There’s no doubt that Melbourne will be asking, ‘what will it take?’”

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/10-15/trade- ... kSXFME2.99

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
If he wants to go for one last crack I certainly wouldn't have any issues. If he wanted to go to North I think we should try and get him there.

We should be able to get a 2nd round pick for him despite his age given his current output and the state of North's list but if they would be willing to downgrade their first that might be the better result.

Our 2nd and 3rd to Collingwood for Freeman and their 2nd.
Collingwood's 2nd and Montagna to North for their 1st.
North's 1st for Carlisle.
So we get Freeman and Carlisle and use pick 5 on a kid? I actually quite like that you know.
Hickey to the Swans for pick 14 and we get two good picks inside the first 15 picks to use on midfielders. Now surely at least one of those picks is going to be a gun?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Does anyone here rate Jay Clarke from the Hearld Sun?

Thoughts..
I am pretty sure he is a rabid bombers fan.

Playon
Club Player

The equivalent to listening to Llyod or perhaps BT

SuperDuper
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
So we get Freeman and Carlisle and use pick 5 on a kid? I actually quite like that you know.
Hickey to the Swans for pick 14 and we get two good picks inside the first 15 picks to use on midfielders. Now surely at least one of those picks is going to be a gun?
You've moved into forum la la land with this one Con...

There is no chance that we get a first rounder for Hickey and then keep it, and then also get Carlisle...

Hopefully we can get Carlisle and Freeman and keep pick 5... but we cannot get them both and also land a first rounder...

Hickey or his compensation *may* be involved... but any Hickey-Carlisle deal, even if it involves another team, would not see us also getting a significant upgrade

gringo
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Hickey is contracted and the club is happy to keep him

but....

two or three clubs have been sniffing about and if we get the right deal AND if Hickey wants to move, a deal may be done where we receive a late first rounder.

This is the most report scenario where we get Carlisle and keep #5. We use the Hickey dp on Carlisle.

So in the wasup we get

Carlisle
Freeman
Rice - for late dp
Sinclair - upgrade late dp

Maybe Young for 3rd rounder

Lose

Hickey.

If this was the wash up would anybody really be critical?
Yes, I would be. Hickey could become a Peter Everitt type ruck-cum-forward. Players like that are very important if you ever want to win a GF. I want us to keep Billy Longer too.

Hickey actually rucked against Everett and Trent Knobel in the QALF grand final before being drafted.