Early Days - Jaeger O'Meara

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Early Days - Jaeger O'Meara

I know it's early days but Brett Anderson tweeted today we are certainly the front runners for Jaeger when he comes out of contract 2016
Very early but would be the absolute star that would top of our midfield to take us to the next tilt @ the flag.
Here's hoping .... !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Early Days - Jaeger O'Meara

Very early days. If the GC make the 8 he might get a sniff of a flag and stay put. Lets hope they have a poor year and we have a good one....
I would literally need a sedative if this happened because I rate him big time and he is just what we need. Having said that I dont believe that any one single player is a messiah. We just need 22 good players.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Front runners??? That race hasn't even started yet. Interesting timing. Does it make us more attractive this year? Of course it does. But geez that is a massive call. I figure its meant to encourage Carlisle??? I know planning is important but this falls into the category of prospecting at this stage. The Suns are doomed if this is a relevant topic now. They wont be happy this has been said let alone it being true. It smells fishy.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Having read the tweet now it brings things into perspective Anderson didnt just randomly align O'Meara with St.Kilda, he just tipped the Saints would be a front runner if he was leaving GCS. Fairly obvious. Just means we will be aggressive. Lets hope O'Meara has an injury free run at the year. If we got Carlisle, Freeman and Young this year and pursued O'Meara and/or Prestia next year, 2017 might see a top 8 finish. As Anderson says at the conclusion of the tweet. Long way to go. Lets just get through this trade period first.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Having read the tweet now it brings things into perspective Anderson didnt just randomly align O'Meara with St.Kilda, he just tipped the Saints would be a front runner if he was leaving GCS. Fairly obvious. Just means we will be aggressive. Lets hope O'Meara has an injury free run at the year. If we got Carlisle, Freeman and Young this year and pursued O'Meara and/or Prestia next year, 2017 might see a top 8 finish. As Anderson says at the conclusion of the tweet. Long way to go. Lets just get through this trade period first.
Only top 8?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Having read the tweet now it brings things into perspective Anderson didnt just randomly align O'Meara with St.Kilda, he just tipped the Saints would be a front runner if he was leaving GCS. Fairly obvious. Just means we will be aggressive. Lets hope O'Meara has an injury free run at the year. If we got Carlisle, Freeman and Young this year and pursued O'Meara and/or Prestia next year, 2017 might see a top 8 finish. As Anderson says at the conclusion of the tweet. Long way to go. Lets just get through this trade period first.
So we went from a 10% chance of getting O'Meara to suddenly getting both O'Meara and Prestia? Ok.
And yeah if that happened we would be top 8. Not real likely though Im afraid.

ripplug66
Club Player

Never heard of a side being front runners for a player a year out unless they are coming home. I reckon its far to early to suggest anyone is front runners. For a start he may not even come back.

minneapolis
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:Never heard of a side being front runners for a player a year out unless they are coming home. I reckon its far to early to suggest anyone is front runners. For a start he may not even come back.

A year ago Geelong were front runners for Dangerfield.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
ripplug66
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:Never heard of a side being front runners for a player a year out unless they are coming home. I reckon its far to early to suggest anyone is front runners. For a start he may not even come back.

A year ago Geelong were front runners for Dangerfield.

Exactly. He was coming home.

Playon
Club Player

A lot of clubs are interested in JOM, Richmond in a big way.
Anything could happen in 12 months, too far away to think about

saintjake
Club Player

JOM will be returning to Melbourne, wants to live in Melbourne, wants to start his property portfolio - purchased something in St.Kilda recently. He won't be at GC in 2017

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:JOM will be returning to Melbourne, wants to live in Melbourne, wants to start his property portfolio - purchased something in St.Kilda recently. He won't be at GC in 2017
He is originally from WA

saintjake
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
saintjake wrote:JOM will be returning to Melbourne, wants to live in Melbourne, wants to start his property portfolio - purchased something in St.Kilda recently. He won't be at GC in 2017
He is originally from WA

I never said he wanted to go home. I said he wants to live in Melbourne

stevie
Saintsational Legend

My influence is out of the picture now as I've left the Woolies he goes to. Sorry...lol

Middo
Club Player

He has mentioned earlier that we were into a young midfielder coming out of contract in 2016 so not the first time mentioned but first time he has put a name to it ..
Just the ideal player we need.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BFUSA alluded to the JOM talks last week

You are garbage - Enough said
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
He is originally from WA

I never said he wanted to go home. I said he wants to live in Melbourne
You wrote "returning to Melbourne"

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
So we went from a 10% chance of getting O'Meara to suddenly getting both O'Meara and Prestia? Ok.
And yeah if that happened we would be top 8. Not real likely though Im afraid.
Con I'm not too sure we couldn't PURSUE both. DIDN'T say we would get both but I would be happy with either. Joey Roo Fisher and Dempster will more than likely be gone. Freeman Carlisle and Young wont come close to breaking the bank. 10% chance. You said that not me. I wonder if Hawthorn planned 2 flags after buddy left or whether they just got lucky. If your gonna dream. Dream big.

Rosco
Club Player

heard it second hand from a workmate who spoke with our coach at a school function richardson spoke at. apparently we are targetting jaeger, just didn't post it as wasn't sure if it was a wish or a likelihood.

hope he has a good year in '16 and is over his knee.

jays
Club Player

would be great if body ok

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is this gonna be part of the redonculous trade of 2016?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Hope the knee is on.
Heard it was pretty buggered when he went down.

If it's fine and he rehabs well then look out.....would be a great get.