Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

If the Bombers play their usual tricks when it comes to trading, tell them to jam it, and Carlisle can walk to Cartlon. No favours

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:If the Bombers play their usual tricks when it comes to trading, tell them to jam it, and Carlisle can walk to Cartlon. No favours
That's something I like about our off-season so far - we're only going after players in situations where we have the upper hand. We're in a position to offer very enticing contracts to OOC players who want to come to us and their original club has very little power. We're low enough down the ladder that the PSD is still a valid option, though if someone else snares Carlisle/Freeman we can just focus our attention on the next target. We're not going to get bent over in trades when chasing players and none of ours want out of the club, so we shouldn't have any Ball/Cripps/Lynch scenarios. We're playing a low risk/high reward game and I like it.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:If the Bombers play their usual tricks when it comes to trading, tell them to jam it, and Carlisle can walk to Cartlon. No favours
Why would we want to give Carlton an easy leg up?? Carlisle is a very very good footballer and at 200cm is exactly the type of key defender we need. Is pick 5 too much? it really depends on how our recruiters see this years draft. I personally think that we need to make Carlisle our number one priority.

stonecold
SS Life Member

SaintWodonga wrote:surely after WADA, all his worth would be a packet of chips and a dim sim?
WADA got nothing same as ASADA had. Now James gone, everything will move forward.

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Why would we want to give Carlton an easy leg up?? Carlisle is a very very good footballer and at 200cm is exactly the type of key defender we need. Is pick 5 too much? it really depends on how our recruiters see this years draft. I personally think that we need to make Carlisle our number one priority.
Maybe an exchange of picks will occur. We give them 5 they give us Carlise and their 2nd and 3rd rounder, we then on trade the 3rd rounder to Colonwood for Freeman.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:surely after WADA, all his worth would be a packet of chips and a dim sim?
WADA got nothing same as ASADA had. Now James gone, everything will move forward.
WADA’s got plenty actually – more than you can imagine. If I was in St Kilda’s shows I’d go hard on Essendon, technically Ess is trying to offload a player that WADA might suspend, so they can’t play hardball here.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

IanRush wrote:
stonecold wrote:
WADA’s got plenty actually – more than you can imagine. If I was in St Kilda’s shows I’d go hard on Essendon, technically Ess is trying to offload a player that WADA might suspend, so they can’t play hardball here.
I agree! And if they stall, they'll get nothing for him. We hold all the cards for that deal, not the bombers.

Saint wagga
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
IanRush wrote:
stonecold wrote:
I agree! And if they stall, they'll get nothing for him. We hold all the cards for that deal, not the bombers.
ASADA had 'plenty' too, lots of reciepts, invoices etc...but they didn't even have a sworn testimony from the alleged 'supplier' and alleged middle man 'pharmacist'... it's ok to have lots paper, but tat clearly didn't stack up in the AFL tribunal which should have been and was 'independent'. The burden of proof is no different in the WADA hearing, so unless there is 'meaningful' and more 'incriminating' new evidence that will heavily skew the opinon of the arbiters, then it's hard to see it going any other way...How anyone outside of those 'within' the investigation would know about any nw evidence is beyond me and again, would show how much of a Kangaroo court the whole ANti Doping movement is.

The overwhelming opinion of all senior journos reporting this story is that even if found guilty of breaches, the penalties will be minimal - have not heard a single commentator on the subject even mention anything like a 2 year ban with no back dating...

All of which should mean we go after Carlisle like any other talented KPD worth a fair bit of trade curency IMO of course. I'm trusting our recruiting team to be all over it!!

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm usually all for getting the deals done. You have to give something to get something and all that.
But if we can't get Carlisle for our second pick and freeman for our third pick (and I don't think we will) then stuff Essendon because pick 5 is way over his value and get him in the psd and if Carlton take him with the price we put on him then so be it.
We can always get next years best free agent key defender

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:
IanRush wrote:
stonecold wrote:
ASADA had 'plenty' too, lots of reciepts, invoices etc...but they didn't even have a sworn testimony from the alleged 'supplier' and alleged middle man 'pharmacist'... it's ok to have lots paper, but tat clearly didn't stack up in the AFL tribunal which should have been and was 'independent'. The burden of proof is no different in the WADA hearing, so unless there is 'meaningful' and more 'incriminating' new evidence that will heavily skew the opinon of the arbiters, then it's hard to see it going any other way...How anyone outside of those 'within' the investigation would know about any nw evidence is beyond me and again, would show how much of a Kangaroo court the whole ANti Doping movement is.

The overwhelming opinion of all senior journos reporting this story is that even if found guilty of breaches, the penalties will be minimal - have not heard a single commentator on the subject even mention anything like a 2 year ban with no back dating...

All of which should mean we go after Carlisle like any other talented KPD worth a fair bit of trade curency IMO of course. I'm trusting our recruiting team to be all over it!!
Journos are only guessing, just like us. No one really knows what is going to happen.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I'm usually all for getting the deals done. You have to give something to get something and all that.
But if we can't get Carlisle for our second pick and freeman for our third pick (and I don't think we will) then stuff Essendon because pick 5 is way over his value and get him in the psd and if Carlton take him with the price we put on him then so be it.
We can always get next years best free agent key defender
+1

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Saint wagga wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:
IanRush wrote:
stonecold wrote:

The opinion of senior journo's is worth exactly zero. Most of them celebrated the AFL Tribunal's decision & then were utterly shocked that WADA came over the top.

Absolutely none of them have any idea what penalties will be... CAS will look at all evidence, even the stuff that the AFL tribunal declared inadmissible.

Carlisle is still a massive risk & pick 5 should not enter into the equation IMO.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

The Ess exodus continues, jake Melksham hoins the departure lounge

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-trade- ... juyko.html

Jake Melksham will leave Essendon in a move the club has labelled extremely disappointing.

The 24-year-old played 114 games for the Bombers since his debut in 2010, including 18 matches this year.

Out-of-contract at the end of this season, Essendon had offered the midfielder a new two-year deal, but he was also closely linked to Melbourne.

Essendon made a brief statement about Melksham's move on Friday, quoting list and recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro as saying the club would make sure it was appropriately compensated if it can find a suitable trade.

"Jake is a talented young midfielder with more than a hundred games experience and we're extremely disappointed in his decision to seek a trade," Dodoro said

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am happy to live without Carlisle. Pick 5 is a bridge too far imo.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the club should offer a second round pick and a deadline for how long they will wait before pursuing other avenues.

Then they shd make noises about seeking out other players.

Put it squarely on them

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="skeptic"]I reckon the club should offer a second round pick and a deadline for how long they will wait before pursuing other avenues.

Put it squarely on them[/quote]

+1

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Con Gorozidis"]I am happy to live without Carlisle. Pick 5 is a bridge too far imo.[/quote]

+1

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Pick 5 to much for Carlisle still unproven and I'm not sure we don't need mids more tbh

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I reckon the club should offer a second round pick and a deadline for how long they will wait before pursuing other avenues.

Put it squarely on them
Doggies have lost Talia and already played finals - so really they should be prepared to use PIck 10 + offer him 4 years.

Rosco
Club Player

Do we know where talia is headed?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:Do we know where talia is headed?
Sydney in the mix but more likely Adelaide.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Dogs pick 11 will get it done. Already over the line if you listen to a few who profess to be in the know. Has always wanted the Dogs but our large offer has stirred things up a bit. Talia going will make the Dogs up their offer. I personally only want him if he wants us. An interesting few weeks ahead. Will we be linked with plenty and land nothing of substance or is it our time to shine?

8856brother wrote:Dogs pick 11 will get it done. Already over the line if you listen to a few who profess to be in the know. Has always wanted the Dogs but our large offer has stirred things up a bit. Talia going will make the Dogs up their offer. I personally only want him if he wants us. An interesting few weeks ahead. Will we be linked with plenty and land nothing of substance or is it our time to shine?
With the exception of Mark Stevens (Dogs fan) the media seem to unanimously be saying Saints are front runners. What makes you think he's off to the Dogs?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
8856brother wrote:Dogs pick 11 will get it done. Already over the line if you listen to a few who profess to be in the know. Has always wanted the Dogs but our large offer has stirred things up a bit. Talia going will make the Dogs up their offer. I personally only want him if he wants us. An interesting few weeks ahead. Will we be linked with plenty and land nothing of substance or is it our time to shine?
With the exception of Mark Stevens (Dogs fan) the media seem to unanimously be saying Saints are front runners. What makes you think he's off to the Dogs?
Not the media thats for sure. They are all just guessing, without much substance. Just like we do, but with a few more contacts. It's their job. I take a bit more notice of a couple of people I know who are generally on the money.
I personally don't think any deals have been done yet and thats why there are so many "insiders" who will tell you he's a monty to go to 3 different clubs. There is good mail for all 3 clubs atm.
Think we all will just have to wait and see. It's like being a kid 2 weeks from Xmas. You just want to go to bed and wake up 2 weeks later.
I tip the Dogs. Would be huge for us, and our future, if he picks the RW&B though.

8856brother wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Not the media thats for sure. They are all just guessing, without much substance. Just like we do, but with a few more contacts. It's their job. I take a bit more notice of a couple of people I know who are generally on the money.
I personally don't think any deals have been done yet and thats why there are so many "insiders" who will tell you he's a monty to go to 3 different clubs. There is good mail for all 3 clubs atm.
Think we all will just have to wait and see. It's like being a kid 2 weeks from Xmas. You just want to go to bed and wake up 2 weeks later.
I tip the Dogs. Would be huge for us, and our future, if he picks the RW&B though.
Bains comments that there is a lot to do with Carlisle tells me we also aren't as confident as perhaps some suggesting -its our $ keeping us in front is all

“Yeah….nah””