2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

BackFromUSA wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?
A bit ambiguous for me. Are we talking a Gold Coast Irish player?
O'maybe check their players list
Yea for some reason I didn't recognise Jaegers name as being Irish. If he gets his knees right he'll be a great player.

jaxons
Club Player

Before anyone gets too carried away we are trying but more likely will be next year rather than this year.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?
Yea for some reason I didn't recognise Jaegers name as being Irish. If he gets his knees right he'll be a great player.
It's going to be hard to figure out my favourite saints themed song now, The Saints Are Coming was a simple choice. Now it's going to get some competition from Maroon 5...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Before anyone gets too carried away we are trying but more likely will be next year rather than this year.
Are you Brett Anderson?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
the O' didn't give it away?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Was it jaxons or tony74 that also said Markworth would also be a big part of our future?
tony74. But to be fair he has got a lot right along the journey.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
jaxons wrote:Before anyone gets too carried away we are trying but more likely will be next year rather than this year.
Are you Brett Anderson?
You would think this year, with last years injury and the speculation surrounding it he'd be at his cheapest. Next year, well, the footy world will be reminded of how ridiculously good this bloke is.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im already carried away. Just had 6 pints of Guinness.

Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Im already carried away. Just had 6 pints of Guinness.
No after 12 pints you'll get carried away... hickup

Playon
Club Player

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7538944136

SAINTS TO BOLSTER SQUAD

ST KILDA is expected to be a major player at the upcoming exchange period and could target as many as five players from rival clubs.

The Saints are believed to be the front runners to lure Jake Carlisle and have reportedly shown their interest in Collingwood youngster Nathan Freeman and Sydney’s Lewis Jetta.

But, the club’s activities during the trade window are unlikely to end there.

“There are lots of discussions going on,” St Kilda general manager Jamie Cox told SEN.

“When you finish where we finished and you’ve got a bit of time on your hands when others are playing finals, then you can get a bit busy in having discussions.

“We’re having discussions with players and clubs. While we believe there’s still a lot of natural development in our list, we’ve always openly stated that our list build is on right now.

“We’ve been pleased with the development so far, but we also know that at some stage we need to supplement that with some top-end talent for us to be successful.”

Carlisle is likely to be St Kilda’s top priority having requested a trade from Essendon.

Cox said the 23-year-old “fits the profile” of what the Saints are looking for in terms of key position talent.

“He’s obviously a good player,” Cox said. “We’re pretty pleased with what we brought in with Paddy McCartin and Hugh Goddard, who will be really positive bookends for us in years to come.

“We’ve got some other blokes, in particular our backline, who are on the wrong side of 30. They played some fantastic football — Sam Fisher and Sean Dempster have recommitted for next year — but certainly a player of (Carlisle’s) size and capability fits the bill.”

St Kilda was also understood to have been eyeing Gold Coast star Harley Bennell, but may have cooled their interest following his latest off-field indiscretion.

Cox was tight-lipped when asked about the club’s interest in Bennell.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Is it an O'meara / Bennell double play jaxons???

#1 Ryder fan
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:Is it an O'meara / Bennell double play jaxons???
Bloody he'll. If that was the case, it's a high risk high reward or crash and burn strategy.

Freeman and O'meara are real injury concerns.

Bennell has got some real issues and there are ??????? Over Carlisle's attitude.

But if those trades occurred and all worked out.

WOW

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

Here's one

http://www.sen.com.au/news/09-15/freema ... be-a-saint
Collingwood youngster Nathan Freeman has told coach Nathan Buckley he wants to leave the club and join St Kilda.

The number 10 pick in the 2013 draft has not played a senior game with Collingwood due to constant hamstring problems in his first two seasons.

The speedy mid-fielder played just four games in the VFL after having hamstring surgery in May, and it's believed the financial offer from the Magpies proved a sticking point

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Playon wrote:http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7538944136

SAINTS TO BOLSTER SQUAD
and have reportedly shown their interest in Collingwood youngster Nathan Freeman and Sydney’s Lewis Jetta.

I hope we dont look at Jetta - seen enough of him to know that he "used" to have extreme speed - but my bigger issue is his accuracy on goal

Seeya
SaintWodonga
Club Player

How about JOM for Gilbo (Gold Coast boy) & next year's 2nd rounder?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:How about JOM for Gilbo (Gold Coast boy) & next year's 2nd rounder?
:D
That would be like the great train robbery

SMS
Club Player

Carlisle pick 5
Aish second round and seb ross

Or vic versa

Freeman third round or PSD The shitload $$$ means pies cant do anything! so we can get him in PSD anyway.

We can do this and quite comfortably. Its a crap draft yet we could get 23 year old CHB gun, and two top 10 misfielders with speed from the great 2013 draft.

LETS DO IT. BAINES GET IT DONE!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
jaxons wrote:Carlisle is away for 2 weeks so need to make a decision yet.
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Lewis Jetta??? I doubt it would be him but would be rapt if it was. Richo said about a month ago " He is absolutely the type of player the club needs".
No no, no ticker.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Most accurate assessment, impressive.
I don't think the rules permit you trading away two consecutive future years first rounders unless one of them is the current year. I could be wrong though.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
We can only hope that our assessment of his knee is just as accurate

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Playon
Club Player

Bulldogs now entered the Carlisle trade

Playon
Club Player

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
I don't think the rules permit you trading away two consecutive future years first rounders unless one of them is the current year. I could be wrong though.
I think its along the lines of that you have to use 2 first rounders in a 4 year period

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Has to be if it involves the next two years first rounders.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
I think its along the lines of that you have to use 2 first rounders in a 4 year period
maybe, but I don't think you can trade away first round picks in two consecutive years.

Playon
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
Playon wrote:http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7538944136

SAINTS TO BOLSTER SQUAD
and have reportedly shown their interest in Collingwood youngster Nathan Freeman and Sydney’s Lewis Jetta.

I hope we dont look at Jetta - seen enough of him to know that he "used" to have extreme speed - but my bigger issue is his accuracy on goal
I'm not sure if the journo is just addling lib here. we may of enquired but I think he's done and dusted and off to WA

The thing I found interesting is
“There are lots of discussions going on,” St Kilda general manager Jamie Cox told SEN."
etc etc

More than we know about no doubt