Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bye all

Who will respond to my umpire threads now?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bring on plugger67.

But speaking of new members - has the new member registration issue been resolved?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:To clarify - plugger66 may not exist but the person behind plugger66 CAN register and can continue to contribute BUT if that person continues to stir up arguments with other posters and continues to belittle them and continues to drag up previous conflicts across threads ... sometimes even months or years later ... then that new poster profile will also be deregistered. The rules stated that RESPECTFUL debate IS encouraged. Plugger66 was not debating with any respect at all for the other poster or consideration for readers.
What you mean there is no debate, all everyone needs is a like button nothing else.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:This place won't be the same...the harmony will drive us crazy.

Koombayah, brother!

Saint supporter since '62
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

P66 was the best poster on this forum.

Actually had a more then a clue.

saintkid
Club Player

Sounds like he had plenty of warnings about personal attacks. I don't think the moderators are petty here. Sometimes we all need to make changes to go forward and obviously he hasn't but I'm sure we haven't heard the last of good old plugger66.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Just did not appear to allow others to have an opinion......

often totally derailed threads...

saint4life
stjay
Club Player

Pity cos he is a loyal supporter but I have read many BF posters say they left the SS forum coz of the off-topic petty personalised squabbling and even there P66 is notorious even though not a BF poster.
Leads me to the conclusion that in aggregate he did damage.
Hopefully he rejoins with a different approach one day.

St Loxton
Club Player

Naughty boy. Tisk tisk.
I always thought pluggs had a strong common sense opinion about the club and its players.
He pulled posters up on bulls*** facts, and whinging "supporters".
I still believe this forum needs people like him.

Wont miss fast scrolling through topics to avoid annoying pissing comps though.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Sad sad day for this place. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, posters like P66, Con Gorozidis, Bunk Moreland are the whole point of this site.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The attention seekingness of this thread generally is a good metaphor of the man...

He actually did have an opinion worth listening too but 3/4 of his posts were about drawing attention to himself and to me at least it really detracted from the forum.

First you had Barks4eva endless anti-GT crusade, then u had Axl spam the forum something shocking for months... Both instances drove ppl away and despite being a bit more subtle i think pluggers presence did that to.

If he actually does get a new nick and changes his style just a bit, i'd be happy to see him back. Cant say i'll miss him though

Austinnn
Club Player

Bunk/Joffa gave us the news on BF... Couldn't believe it, had to see it for myself.

Mate, I'll miss you, most of the time I agreed with what you said, certainly you have more of a clue than many of the snipers who tried to take you down.

It has to be said, your voice did dominate this forum, and your argumentative nature made contributing on this forum a combat sport when it didn't need to be.

You certainly weren't on your own there, but just the sheer volume suffocated a lot of other voices.

You were our Nick Riewoldt, now that you've retired, hopefully the who team can grow.

I take no pleasure in seeing you go, and I think it's up to the rest of us to ensure that the change is for the better.

Take care mate, use all your extra free time wisely!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

You were always a %$#@ but I still enjoyed pointing out how consistently stupid your arguments were. It's a bit like Tony Abbott going, good to see the back of him but it's going to be a bit boring with out him. I have nothing to complain about.

evo
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:See ya later plugs.

It's a shame.

I disagreed with you 90% of the time and you loved being the ultimate contrarian.

I'm not the nicest poster either, but do the draw the line and am not like a dog with a bone constantly.

plugger contributes about a third of posts on SS.

Previous times when he was banned for 2 weeks the forum was pretty dead.

Not sure what SS will become if he doesn't return as another form.
+1 for me

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Pretty drastic to get to the permanent banning stage but seriously, deleting all posts and history from the site? Makes a bit of a mockery of the years of contribution to the site, whether you agreed with him or not.

Others have been banned without being erased from existence? Am I wrong about that??

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Bunk/Joffa gave us the news on BF... Couldn't believe it, had to see it for myself.

Mate, I'll miss you, most of the time I agreed with what you said, certainly you have more of a clue than many of the snipers who tried to take you down.

It has to be said, your voice did dominate this forum, and your argumentative nature made contributing on this forum a combat sport when it didn't need to be.

You certainly weren't on your own there, but just the sheer volume suffocated a lot of other voices.

You were our Nick Riewoldt, now that you've retired, hopefully the who team can grow.

I take no pleasure in seeing you go, and I think it's up to the rest of us to ensure that the change is for the better.

Take care mate, use all your extra free time wisely!
Rubbish.

He's no Rooey.

To compare him to greatness and plain wrong.

He was our Stevie Baker. We all knew he was wrong but we loved him anyway.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Bring on plugger67.

But speaking of new members - has the new member registration issue been resolved?
i believe so

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Poor decision and unfair. I would suggest the mods take a breath. This is not their forum. This is our forum - all of us - plugger was one of family. Sure he has probably crossed paths with most of us at one time or another but so what - we're discussing sport for gawds sake. If people get so upset over opposing views or occasional tit for tats on the internet they seriously need to evaluate themselves and learn some bloody resilience. or simpler yet - use the ignore function. he was not a troll - no one would claim that. he was no more abusive than others, and less abusive than many.
Read what posters are saying and think about. a permanent ban? seriously?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Seriously how embarrassing. What a sad, sad place this once mighty site has become. See you at the Banger Pluggsy.

Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:To clarify - plugger66 may not exist but the person behind plugger66 CAN register and can continue to contribute BUT if that person continues to stir up arguments with other posters and continues to belittle them and continues to drag up previous conflicts across threads ... sometimes even months or years later ... then that new poster profile will also be deregistered. The rules stated that RESPECTFUL debate IS encouraged. Plugger66 was not debating with any respect at all for the other poster or consideration for readers.
What you mean there is no debate, all everyone needs is a like button nothing else.
working on a LIKE button

also respectful debate is encoraged

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Bring on plugger67.

i believe so
Shouldn't you know?

Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Rubbish.

He's no Rooey.

To compare him to greatness and plain wrong.

He was our Stevie Baker. We all knew he was wrong but we loved him anyway.
Loved ??? lol....

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I won't remember him when I wake up tomorrow..

stjay
Club Player

LMFAO - He's posting on BF now already causing a stir responding to a post that was bagging him although more restrained so far.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good riddance.

Glad to see someone finally have the balls to get rid of him.

He knew his footy and was obviously a huge saints fan but his complete inability to let two posts go by without reiterating his predictable, contrarion crap.

It is a shame that this place will still die a slow death but hopefully it will atleast get a songswan before it goes.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!