2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

St Ick wrote:
Why bother OM, reason, or interesting discussion doesn't exist in this one. What he doesn't realise is that his posting style has actually driven numerous posters away from this site - hey Jaxons, feel free to jump over to BF buddy, your info would be more than appreciated over there.

I'd believe that we won't use pick 5 in a deal for Weller and a first, but I agree it's not an unfair or unreasonable suggestion. We probably won't pay such a high price due to the (potentially risky) assumption that he will come much cheaper next year.

I gave a simple opinion. Didn't have a go at him at all. Why would you say those things after a simple discussion? And you agree anyway. Why the sudden hatred of me. It hurts especially when it was a reasonable opinion. And why go on this site and promote another. I reckon that is pretty ordinary whether you hate me or not. And who are all the posters who have left. Well ones that are good posters? And why cant people question Jaxons? Its not like he gives us much that is right. You could do what he does or I could afterall I have trout and Bevos number but I know they wouldn't tell me or anyone else a thing.

Playon
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:With Freo trying to snag McCarthy I'd be offering pick 5 for Lachie Weller & pick 18. Freo can then use pick 5 to get Cam McCarthy.

That seems very high for a pick 13 last year.
Picks 13 (Weller) & 18 for pick 5 sounds quite reasonable to me. Heck id even throw in a late pick.

Btw Trout rated Weller the 7th best talent from last years draft.

I cant see how the 13th best player last year and who hasn't proven himself one way or another basically improves his position and by a fair margin. There is no way we will do that. I have no idea where Trout rated Weller. Was there an article on it?

I would rather Carlisle and Freeman for that pick and by a huge distance.
In Emma Quayles book she reveals our top 20 players from last years draft. We rated Goddard 13, McKenzie 15, Lonie 20 & obviously Paddy 1.

The AFL draft points system isn't full proof however it's a good guide for 'fairness'. With Weller maintaining his pick 13 status & pick 18 the points add up to 2197 total, which is equivalent to pick 4. Seeing as we'd be giving up pick 5 then it's a reasonable trade using that system.
Why bother OM, reason, or interesting discussion doesn't exist in this one. What he doesn't realise is that his posting style has actually driven numerous posters away from this site - hey Jaxons, feel free to jump over to BF buddy, your info would be more than appreciated over there.

I'd believe that we won't use pick 5 in a deal for Weller and a first, but I agree it's not an unfair or unreasonable suggestion. We probably won't pay such a high price due to the (potentially risky) assumption that he will come much cheaper next year.
Yeah why not, and then he can join in on the goat conversation, Better here than the ridiculous

evo
Club Player

It is a GC player.,,.,...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?
Cryptic but I can only imagine that kind of deal would involve a certain Irish sounding gentleman from Dongara. I have been to Dongara. Not a bad little town. Gets very windy. He played in the seniors in that league aged 16 which would be a very rough league I imagine.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:24pm, edited 3 times in total.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:

I gave a simple opinion. Didn't have a go at him at all. Why would you say those things after a simple discussion? And you agree anyway. Why the sudden hatred of me. It hurts especially when it was a reasonable opinion. And why go on this site and promote another. I reckon that is pretty ordinary whether you hate me or not. And who are all the posters who have left. Well ones that are good posters? And why cant people question Jaxons? Its not like he gives us much that is right. You could do what he does or I could afterall I have trout and Bevos number but I know they wouldn't tell me or anyone else a thing.
It's not hatred, it's more just born out of years of frustration of threads or genuine discussion being derailed - which ironically is what I'm doing now.

I was probably harsh, but surely you aren't even close to being hurt from those comments. I just don't think its neccessary to shoot down or belittle everyone's opinion - it's grown very tiresome and it really detracts from the site. So when a poster feels insulted to the point where they don't want to share whatever information they have, do you think that's reasonable - guys like Jaxons seem genuine and I will stick up for them if I feel it's needed - I jump on SS here and there and so many quality discussions are started then derailed - so rarely bother anymore.

Anyway, I'm not interested in continuing this discussion because well, I've seen how these things end, it's such a shame really as there are a lot of good people here.

Oh, and your name dropping literally has me rolling around on the floor, you may live in a world where those sorts of comments make you feel important but cmon bud, it really is quite pathetic. :roll:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:It is a GC player.,,.,...
Go on.....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Go on.....
Jaeger

“Yeah….nah””
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Go on.....
Jaeger
Ah thanks tef. Brett Anderson has been banging on about that for a while. I thought we've moved on from there. Knees farked.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing but it's all I can think off - gee would be a massive fail if his knees are gone

“Yeah….nah””
jaxons
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?
Most accurate assessment, impressive.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:With Freo trying to snag McCarthy I'd be offering pick 5 for Lachie Weller & pick 18. Freo can then use pick 5 to get Cam McCarthy.

That seems very high for a pick 13 last year.
Picks 13 (Weller) & 18 for pick 5 sounds quite reasonable to me. Heck id even throw in a late pick.

Btw Trout rated Weller the 7th best talent from last years draft.

I cant see how the 13th best player last year and who hasn't proven himself one way or another basically improves his position and by a fair margin. There is no way we will do that. I have no idea where Trout rated Weller. Was there an article on it?

I would rather Carlisle and Freeman for that pick and by a huge distance.
In Emma Quayles book she reveals our top 20 players from last years draft. We rated Goddard 13, McKenzie 15, Lonie 20 & obviously Paddy 1.

The AFL draft points system isn't full proof however it's a good guide for 'fairness'. With Weller maintaining his pick 13 status & pick 18 the points add up to 2197 total, which is equivalent to pick 4. Seeing as we'd be giving up pick 5 then it's a reasonable trade using that system.

Would have thought that response is out of line, hardly derogative

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Most accurate assessment, impressive.
Spill the beans, jaxons.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

BF USA just split the beans...

All you need to do is to decode his statement to find the answer.

SAAD
Club Player

Jäegar to the Saints playing round one 2016???? I will e jack ulate if true. Then again with our luck he'll never play another game again. Did play first two seasons without missing a game however.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

One Eyed Saint wrote:BF USA just split the beans...

All you need to do is to decode his statement to find the answer.
Just wanted some confirmation.

st.rick
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
matrix wrote:Either elaborate or say nothing.
Obviously you can't say anything, so say nothing so stupid rumors dont start on here where we end up with Dangerfield and first round pick.

It's not Dangerfield and not Josh Kelly.
There you go, if I keep getting insulted on this site I will not post here again, just trying to keep loyal Saints fans in the loop.
Every bit of trade information I have put on here is accurate.
Yes I predicted Mark Williams would be our coach during the process, as I mentioned before he had the job and it was his to lose.
He lost it.
I can't control how he acted throughout the interviewing process.

I appreciate your info Jaxons, for us people out of the loop any tid bits are gold. We dont expect 100% accuracy as the club would change opinions week from week too.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Was it jaxons or tony74 that also said Markworth would also be a big part of our future?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like you Jaxons

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Everything you need to know is hidden in my Avatar.....

stjay
Club Player

Its Jaeger O'Meara ladies and gents.
By God I hope his knees are OK - from those who know far more than me say the patella tendon issues like he's had usually mean "game over".

BTW - Thanks Jaxons - alway appreciate your efforts.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

What are the chances of getting this bloke with an Irish name that frequents Cavill Ave?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Honestly if we end up with Jaegar and Freeman I will lose my sh*t (in a good way). Very risky but risks worth taking imo. The AFL has stacked the odds against us in multiple ways, so we arent going to get a flag just going steady as she goes.

P.s I am getting a feeling we have cooled on Carlisle. Hope so. I dont trust dealing with the Bombers.

st.rick
Club Player

O'meara, Freeman, Danger. Carlisle & Bennell what an awesome trade period!! :)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
A bit ambiguous for me. Are we talking a Gold Coast Irish player?
O'maybe check their players list

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"