Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bye all

I hope this isn't moved for a few days but I will be banned for life probably by tonight. I have had great fun on here. I know a few don't like my posting style but I do love the discussions on here and I do love the saints. Apparently the site will improve when I go. I hope so but I also think I do create discussion even if it annoys a few. I respect nearly all the posters, even most that I argue with. I really do hope the site gets bigger with my absence. The more saints stuff the better.

And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.

Been a hoot on here and hopefully if I ever meet you at a game you will buy me a beer. I will certainly buy most here one. Its sad to go but thems the rules. I know some or more than some will be happy I'm gone but there will be one or two who actually think my posting is ok.

And if you ever watch an Ormond game I will be umpiring the seconds unless its finey. Come over and say hello.

And one last thing. I am not a troll. I don't ever deliberately start things to cause a fight. I believe what I say but just say it more than I should. Ban me for breaking rules but don't ever call me a troll.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Bye all

Plugger - what have you done???????????????

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back soon. You're to valuable. Behind that argumentative streak is a passionate yet balanced person.

Saint supporter since '62
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Can't people block posters if they don't like them?
This is a disappointing delisting.
I won't be throwing my SS membership in the microwave though.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Do what I do and just ignore him.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Playon
Club Player

Well I don't see why you'll be banned. I don't always agree with you posts, some I do, some i don't, were all entitled to an opinion, whether it be right or wrong. It opens up discussion. Hell some of your posts are annoying but some are funny. Don't listen to posters from another board, some of the quality from there is like teenagers on too much sugar (being polite)

Have a beer and get on with it

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Seems extreme. Required player I think.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Playon
Club Player

Well that sucks, Time for the birth or Plugger67

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Dissapointing, if true.

No doubt, at times he baited people, but on a whole I enjoyed his contribution.

Will be a lesser place without the Plugg

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

At times a very annoying poster however as much as he ran some away he also kept this forum going. Saintsational will quickly die off. It's been slowly dying anyway so whatever.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Please diont go over to Bigfooty, that forum is football based

You are garbage - Enough said
saintjake
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Please diont go over to Bigfooty, that forum is football based

A+

saint6
Club Player

very sorry to see this. Plugger66 was one of the few posters that usually had something sensible to say. And I have never seen him unfairly criticise any of our players which is a lot more than can be said of some other contributors to this site

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Good call good moderating
Sorry but when a poster can't desist from shooting down others opinions it's time to go
He'll bob up under a new Nic but his form will betray him
Put up an opinion, let others have theirs and all is good
If you can't - see ya

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:(

See ya pluggs, was nice to meet you and put a face to a name at last years B&F.

Don't have to convince me you love your saints.

I know one thing, all those people that don't post cause of him better post more, I'm not sure I buy it as a reason people keep away at this point.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Pretty s*** if true. When discussing football you need arguments from all sides or otherwise you become oblivious to the s*** your team is or isn't.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered
Wow based on that reasoning not sure why anyone is here.
There goes the last reason to debate anything worthwhile on here….
Terrible moderating

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the end of the world..... change the nic and we can put up with your belligerent self once more.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:He can even rejoin under another name.
A permanent ban, only you can start again with another name - Seriously?

See you in the morning plugger66.2.0

You better turn over a new leaf like sayntinger :D :D :D

derby Street
Club Player

Disappointed that it has come to this - P66 always had an opinion and there is no doubt he was a loyal saint supporter. I am particularly disappointed that the mods allow blatant trolls to continue hijacking the forum yet choose to take this action against P66. No wonder this forum is withering on the vine.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

See ya later plugs.

It's a shame.

I disagreed with you 90% of the time and you loved being the ultimate contrarian.

I'm not the nicest poster either, but do the draw the line and am not like a dog with a bone constantly.

plugger contributes about a third of posts on SS.

Previous times when he was banned for 2 weeks the forum was pretty dead.

Not sure what SS will become if he doesn't return as another form.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

To clarify - plugger66 may not exist but the person behind plugger66 CAN register and can continue to contribute BUT if that person continues to stir up arguments with other posters and continues to belittle them and continues to drag up previous conflicts across threads ... sometimes even months or years later ... then that new poster profile will also be deregistered. The rules stated that RESPECTFUL debate IS encouraged. Plugger66 was not debating with any respect at all for the other poster or consideration for readers.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Does this mean we will make the GF in 2 years?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

can't block an IP ?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

This place won't be the same...the harmony will drive us crazy.