2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

jaxons wrote:
matrix wrote:Either elaborate or say nothing.
Obviously you can't say anything, so say nothing so stupid rumors dont start on here where we end up with Dangerfield and first round pick.

It's not Dangerfield and not Josh Kelly.
There you go, if I keep getting insulted on this site I will not post here again, just trying to keep loyal Saints fans in the loop.
Every bit of trade information I have put on here is accurate.
Yes I predicted Mark Williams would be our coach during the process, as I mentioned before he had the job and it was his to lose.
He lost it.
I can't control how he acted throughout the interviewing process.
Keep em coming jaxons. Even the clubs can get the wrong mail at this time of the year, So who cares.

I find it interesting to find out who were chasing, even if were not successful

Die Hard 7
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Carlisle is away for 2 weeks so need to make a decision yet.
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Are we looking at Key Position or midfield depth?? :wink:

Playon
Club Player

More on Carlisle
SEN
Saints look to be first in line for Carlisle

It appears that St Kilda is in the box seat to snap up Jake Carlisle, who has requested a trade out of Essendon.

“I think that’s down to St Kilda and Carlton are there abouts,” explained Anderson.

“What we heard early days was that the figure the was been bandied around was pretty high for what the Blues might have been looking for.

“I think Carlisle might be on holidays so it might be a little while before we find out what’s going on with him.”

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
jaxons wrote:
matrix wrote:Either elaborate or say nothing.
Obviously you can't say anything, so say nothing so stupid rumors dont start on here where we end up with Dangerfield and first round pick.

It's not Dangerfield and not Josh Kelly.
There you go, if I keep getting insulted on this site I will not post here again, just trying to keep loyal Saints fans in the loop.
Every bit of trade information I have put on here is accurate.
Yes I predicted Mark Williams would be our coach during the process, as I mentioned before he had the job and it was his to lose.
He lost it.
I can't control how he acted throughout the interviewing process.
Keep em coming jaxons. Even the clubs can get the wrong mail at this time of the year, So who cares.

I find it interesting to find out who were chasing, even if were not successful

I agree. People just love rumours no matter how right or wrong they are and no matter who they come from. Keep it up Jaxons

Playon
Club Player

Thats how they sell neswpapers

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Thats how they sell neswpapers

I was 100% serious. I agree. Rumours and bad news sell papers and rate on TV.

Playon
Club Player

Well its a long off season, I need something to get me entertained :)

Playon
Club Player

Good call Bad call last night

Lyon: Good call or bad call? Carlisle is worth pick 5

Llyod : Good Call Garry, Carlisle is the best full back in the league, Definitely worth pick five. etc etc

I guess Lloyd asked Lyon to ask him that question, so he could give that response.
But tells me,how many clubs have pick 5?
And Bombers still trying to push the trade value up.

I'm glad Lloyd played for the Bombers thats where he was best suited.
Reminds me of when he said, I'm going to intimidate the competition next year just like Tony Lockett
In other words full of S...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Good call Bad call last night

Lyon: Good call or bad call? Carlisle is worth pick 5

Llyod : Good Call Garry, Carlisle is the best full back in the league, Definitely worth pick five. etc etc

I guess Lloyd asked Lyon to ask him that question, so he could give that response.
But tells me,how many clubs have pick 5?
And Bombers still trying to push the trade value up.

I'm glad Lloyd played for the Bombers thats where he was best suited.
Reminds me of when he said, I'm going to intimidate the competition next year just like Tony Lockett
In other words full of S...

I only wish we also had people in the media to push our club. Cant stand Essendon but love the loyalty. Anyway if our club are that stupid to even slightly listen to those people then we need to start again. If we give pick 5 then we need their second round pick back. Preferably we somehow get around pick 12. No idea how though.

Playon
Club Player

Well with the delistings we only have 3 spots available. Hints at a player trade to keep 5

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Well with the delistings we only have 3 spots available. Hints at a player trade to keep 5

Still plenty of time to delist.

Playon
Club Player

Or trade..
Pies will be looking for a 2nd rounder for Freeman, Saints may offer a 3rd rounder?
Bombers want a first rounder, pick 5 too much, Saints offer 2nd rounder and player?

Pick 5 traded for player and 1st rounder (10-19)?
Pick 5 used?
Pick 5 upgraded to pick 1 with player trade? (emma quale are we the lucky ones?)

jaxons trade of trades?

None of the above?

A lot to happen yet but yeah N Winmar as an example of late delistings

I'm hoping we dont pay overs for Carlisle or Freeman, both have risks and we use pick 5 or land an A grader

mambo2706
Club Player

We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Lewis Jetta??? I doubt it would be him but would be rapt if it was. Richo said about a month ago " He is absolutely the type of player the club needs".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
Lewis Jetta??? I doubt it would be him but would be rapt if it was. Richo said about a month ago " He is absolutely the type of player the club needs".

He is going to WCE.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

With Freo trying to snag McCarthy I'd be offering pick 5 for Lachie Weller & pick 18. Freo can then use pick 5 to get Cam McCarthy.

mambo2706
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mambo2706 wrote:

He is going to WCE.
I originally thought that as well but thought he may not want to because of the way their supporters booed his good mate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:With Freo trying to snag McCarthy I'd be offering pick 5 for Lachie Weller & pick 18. Freo can then use pick 5 to get Cam McCarthy.

That seems very high for a pick 13 last year.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:With Freo trying to snag McCarthy I'd be offering pick 5 for Lachie Weller & pick 18. Freo can then use pick 5 to get Cam McCarthy.

Picks 13 (Weller) & 18 for pick 5 sounds quite reasonable to me. Heck id even throw in a late pick.

Btw Trout rated Weller the 7th best talent from last years draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Picks 13 (Weller) & 18 for pick 5 sounds quite reasonable to me. Heck id even throw in a late pick.

I cant see how the 13th best player last year and who hasn't proven himself one way or another basically improves his position and by a fair margin. There is no way we will do that. I have no idea where Trout rated Weller. Was there an article on it?

I would rather Carlisle and Freeman for that pick and by a huge distance.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I cant see how the 13th best player last year and who hasn't proven himself one way or another basically improves his position and by a fair margin. There is no way we will do that. I have no idea where Trout rated Weller. Was there an article on it?

In Emma Quayles book she reveals our top 20 players from last years draft. We rated Goddard 13, McKenzie 15, Lonie 20 & obviously Paddy 1.

The AFL draft points system isn't full proof however it's a good guide for 'fairness'. With Weller maintaining his pick 13 status & pick 18 the points add up to 2197 total, which is equivalent to pick 4. Seeing as we'd be giving up pick 5 then it's a reasonable trade using that system.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

In Emma Quayles book she reveals our top 20 players from last years draft. We rated Goddard 13, McKenzie 15, Lonie 20 & obviously Paddy 1.

The AFL draft points system isn't full proof however it's a good guide for 'fairness'. With Weller maintaining his pick 13 status & pick 18 the points add up to 2197 total, which is equivalent to pick 4. Seeing as we'd be giving up pick 5 then it's a reasonable trade using that system.
Nice.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why bother OM, reason, or interesting discussion doesn't exist in this one. What he doesn't realise is that his posting style has actually driven numerous posters away from this site - hey Jaxons, feel free to jump over to BF buddy, your info would be more than appreciated over there.

I'd believe that we won't use pick 5 in a deal for Weller and a first, but I agree it's not an unfair or unreasonable suggestion. We probably won't pay such a high price due to the (potentially risky) assumption that he will come much cheaper next year.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Word around is that our next years first rounder and possibly also the year afters first rounder are being talked about in the Irish Pubs on Cavill Avenue. Any connection Jaxons?
A bit ambiguous for me. Are we talking a Gold Coast Irish player?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Worth a try St Ick....