2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.rick
Club Player

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

jaxons wrote:Carlisle is away for 2 weeks so need to make a decision yet.
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Awesome so we are getting Danger :wink:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

st.rick wrote:
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Awesome so we are getting Danger :wink:
Yeah, but you spelled it wrong.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have it on good authority that Carlisle is the man. Just like Williams.

falka
Club Player

Heard about this post on big footy so came over for a look.

Jaxons posts are always fun, maybe not 100% on the money come the final outcome but no doubt interesting and very insightful

Just like to say that there is a better vibe over on big footy and that it reminds me of how this place used to be. Can't help but feel one or two people on here have really ruined this site for others.

Anyway, enjoy coming here every now and then, but gee has it gone to the dogs

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Don't give anyone ideas. Anyway the mods would not allow what occurs here. Big art tried his S at BF and doesn't post there any more. BF is like a broadsheet. This place is like a tabloid

You are garbage - Enough said
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I assume this is Josh Kelly…

Would rather him than Carlisle if we are entertaining trading out our first pick.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He's got a few right (McEvoy, Savage, pick swaps, Bruce, Longer) & a few wrong (Williams). No need to be a dick.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Would rather him than Carlisle if we are entertaining trading out our first pick.
I would love Kelly however with the Giants already losing Treloar & possibly McCarthy they have no need to move on other players for picks to accommodate getting academy players so unfortunately I can't see us getting Josh.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:

I would love Kelly however with the Giants already losing Treloar & possibly McCarthy they have no need to move on other players for picks to accommodate getting academy players so unfortunately I can't see us getting Josh.
The Giants aren't really a team though are they?

I thought they were just a football nursery.

I dunno, maybe if Josh decides he wants go home then the Giants will want our pick 5 before next off season when he is out of contract…

Who else do you think lord jaxons might be talking about?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He's got a few right (McEvoy, Savage, pick swaps, Bruce, Longer) & a few wrong (Williams). No need to be a dick.

I'm pretty sure when he said longer it was after everyone knew. I can't even remember Bruce. I suggest you check some of his posts during the season. That will confirm he has no inside knowledge at all. He may have but no way he has now. And I will say what I like but thanks for advice. I actually congratulated him on the McEvoy thing so if I think he is talking crap I will also say so

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:

The Giants aren't really a team though are they?

I thought they were just a football nursery.

I dunno, maybe if Josh decides he wants go home then the Giants will want our pick 5 before next off season when he is out of contract…

Who else do you think lord jaxons might be talking about?
Tomlinson? Dunno man.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm pretty sure when he said longer it was after everyone knew. I can't even remember Bruce. I suggest you check some of his posts during the season. That will confirm he has no inside knowledge at all. He may have but no way he has now. And I will say what I like but thanks for advice. I actually congratulated him on the McEvoy thing so if I think he is talking crap I will also say so
Cool. & I'll tell you to stopping being a dick when you're being a dick, dick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cool. & I'll tell you to stopping being a dick when you're being a dick, dick.

Are you related to the guy? Anyway I have on my no dick file.

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

jaxons wrote:We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
like this mate?
AeonFlux wrote: our No 5 pick plus Hickey for Carlbottomdwellingscum's No 1 pick... (i.e. Weitering.)

Possible twist to Step 1 - once we gain pick one:
Demons............... Petracca.
ffs, flowering do it i say saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey jaxons, with a death metal :twisted: name like that, you would have to be a muso, right mate?

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

plugger66 wrote: I can't even remember Bruce.
:shock:

ffs, you must've been on some kind of bender there plucker!!!!!!!!!! flowering kfc and vb clearly don't flowering mix. :roll:

anyway, once you sober up (just a bit will be fine mate :wink: ), pull out your axe and come and jam with the band.

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gordo' wrote:

ffs, you must've been on some kind of bender there plucker!!!!!!!!!! flowering kfc and vb clearly don't flowering mix. :roll:

anyway, once you sober up (just a bit will be fine mate :wink: ), pull out your axe and come and jam with the band.

Surely you will be funny at least once. Doubtful.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Gordo' wrote:

I don't get anything about this... Is it an inside joke?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Gordo' wrote:

I don't get anything about this... Is it an inside joke?

Gordo tries to be funny but he isn't. Not even close.

Playon
Club Player

A summary of Carlisle
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/09/21/fi ... for-grabs/

Five risky AFL players up for grabs
Jake Carlisle
Carlisle is perhaps the most sought after player on this list. At 23 and standing at 198 centimetres he can play in a key position at either end of the ground. Although he has certainly made it clear he prefers to play in defence.

Since being drafted by the Bombers in 2009 at pick 24, Carlisle has played 85 games and kicked 55 goals. He was nominated for a Rising Start award in 2012, and has shown that when he is on song he can dominate games.

However, like Yarren he is inconsistent and also like Yarren his attitude has been questioned. Particularly this season when he was reported to have told opposition players he wanted out, and was overheard saying the club was (you know what) in Round 19 against Greater Western Sydney.

Carlisle also comes with the extra burden of the WADA appeal hanging over his head. So along with any personal baggage he may bring to a new club there is also the chance he may be suspended.

Reported interest from St Kilda, Fremantle, Carlton and the Western Bulldogs.

Playon
Club Player

Thats a pretty broad statement :) Care to elaborate?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Either elaborate or say nothing.
Obviously you can't say anything, so say nothing so stupid rumors dont start on here where we end up with Dangerfield and first round pick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Either elaborate or say nothing.
Obviously you can't say anything, so say nothing so stupid rumors dont start on here where we end up with Dangerfield and first round pick.

I reckon he could say something because I don't think he is involved with the Saints. maybe involved with a player manager is my guess.

Grrrrr
Club Player

I hear that Hamish Hartlett's name has been linked to the Saints?

jaxons
Club Player

It's not Dangerfield and not Josh Kelly.
There you go, if I keep getting insulted on this site I will not post here again, just trying to keep loyal Saints fans in the loop.
Every bit of trade information I have put on here is accurate.
Yes I predicted Mark Williams would be our coach during the process, as I mentioned before he had the job and it was his to lose.
He lost it.
I can't control how he acted throughout the interviewing process.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

It's not Dangerfield and not Josh Kelly.
There you go, if I keep getting insulted on this site I will not post here again, just trying to keep loyal Saints fans in the loop.
Every bit of trade information I have put on here is accurate.
Yes I predicted Mark Williams would be our coach during the process, as I mentioned before he had the job and it was his to lose.
He lost it.
I can't control how he acted throughout the interviewing process.

I thought Carlisle was already signed by Carlton. Why would we speak to him then? You got McEvoy right. That there is no doubt. Bernard Shakey got Polo and another player right. I got Schneider right. Many others get one thing right. And I don't think its slightly insulting asking questions or wanting credibility.

By the way you did say we would take Petracca unless we traded it and then later on you did say we are most likely trading pick one for 4,6 and 7.