Lonie and Dahlhaus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Lonie and Dahlhaus

I reckon it's worth watching Luke Dahlhaus play, because that's where I hope Jack Lonie will be in a few years. Really good at pressure, can get a lot of footy in the midfield and can kick a goal. I really rate Dahlhaus so it's a very very long way to go for Jack but we can hope.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Lonie and Dahlhaus

Think Dalhaus has Jack pretty well covered for speed, but Jack is as clever as him no doubt...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Think Dalhaus has Jack pretty well covered for speed, but Jack is as clever as him no doubt...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Think Dalhaus has Jack pretty well covered for speed, but Jack is as clever as him no doubt...
Also has him covered for goalkicking, unfortunately.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dalhaus is good, but he's got two years on Jack. I reckon Jack can better him.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
S.A Saint
Club Player

Always thought that eli was the best comparison to him

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
mambo2706
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:Always thought that eli was the best comparison to him
Because they had the same hairdo??

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I wish! Based on this season Eli's best comparison is someone like Allan Murray. Couple of good games at the start then a lot of very quiet ones.

mambo2706
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
I wish! Based on this season Eli's best comparison is someone like Allan Murray. Couple of good games at the start then a lot of very quiet ones.
In some ways Eli reminds me of Goose McGuire. Both had bad breaks in limbs and never come back the same player. I do know Eli only played a handful of games before he broke his arm but he showed a lot of promise before his injury.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Templeton is what? 21?

Give him a break

You are garbage - Enough said
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I rate Dalhaus, but Lonie is going to be better, a lot better.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

...why on earth are many writing off Templeton. Has he even played 10 games yet?

mambo2706
Club Player

I wasn't being critical of him. I'm a big fan of Eli's. I think his confidence with his arm would be very low and could be why he had a poor year. I'm hoping that next year he can get back to his form of early last year.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Didn't think Dahlhaus was going to be much as he was drafted as a rookie. Lonie has him easily covered for footy smarts.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Rosco
Club Player

Dalhaus has developed very well. If Lonie exceeds him I'll be very happy.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lonie's pressure acts are some of the best I have ever seen from a first year kid. Dahlhouse was recruited in 2011 rookie draft and played that year Lonie was recruited last year and has only played this season. He had played 2011 2012 2013 2014 before Lonie got on a list. If Lonie was as good as him already he would be on target to be an absolute mega star.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Dalhaus is good, but he's got two years on Jack. I reckon Jack can better him.
so we should check the comparison at end of new contract
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-09-1 ... tends-deal

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Long Term Injury
Club Player

I had Templeton penciled in as our Dalhaus... I still hope, but this year didnt engender a lot of confidence. Where Templeton did improve for mine was his toughness, still a long way to go, but last year he was jumping into tackles, not hitting them, this year he hit a bit more and brought momentum to the contest. Fingers crossed it was just 2nd year blues!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Long Term Injury wrote:I had Templeton penciled in as our Dalhaus... I still hope, but this year didnt engender a lot of confidence. Where Templeton did improve for mine was his toughness, still a long way to go, but last year he was jumping into tackles, not hitting them, this year he hit a bit more and brought momentum to the contest. Fingers crossed it was just 2nd year blues!
His arm injury would have restricted him the most. I'm sure it's affected his confidence.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
S.A Saint
Club Player

The kid can play as we seen last year and copping a tag in the vfl this year. The arm break was horrific and will take him some time to get over. the forward line for the next 10 years looks pretty set if everyone can live up to potential.

FF: Lonie McCartin Sinclair
HF: Billings Bruce Membery

Then you have Eli and Minch who can rotate through there if Billings and Sincs end up in the middle

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:The kid can play as we seen last year and copping a tag in the vfl this year. The arm break was horrific and will take him some time to get over. the forward line for the next 10 years looks pretty set if everyone can live up to potential.

Then you have Eli and Minch who can rotate through there if Billings and Sincs end up in the middle

To be honest that could be a good forward line or a poor one. Far to early to tell. As for Templeton I saw nothing last year or this year to suggest he would be anything but a fair player. A bit slow for his position and not clever enough. Hope I'm wrong though. Still don't see much in Minchington either aprt from being a very goos user. needs to get fitter so he can play on the ball. He has one year left to make it.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

What gives me heart about Templeton ( and sorry for hijacking the thread) is that he uses it well. Look at his first few games, his intelligence and usage were first class. Running into the forward line he almost always hit a target or kicked to advantage. He has the smarts which will only improve with confidence... fingers crossed that comes too

Long Term Injury
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Long Term Injury wrote:I had Templeton penciled in as our Dalhaus... I still hope, but this year didnt engender a lot of confidence. Where Templeton did improve for mine was his toughness, still a long way to go, but last year he was jumping into tackles, not hitting them, this year he hit a bit more and brought momentum to the contest. Fingers crossed it was just 2nd year blues!
His arm injury would have restricted him the most. I'm sure it's affected his confidence.
Good call, completely agree

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:The kid can play as we seen last year and copping a tag in the vfl this year. The arm break was horrific and will take him some time to get over. the forward line for the next 10 years looks pretty set if everyone can live up to potential.

To be honest that could be a good forward line or a poor one. Far to early to tell. As for Templeton I saw nothing last year or this year to suggest he would be anything but a fair player. A bit slow for his position and not clever enough. Hope I'm wrong though. Still don't see much in Minchington either aprt from being a very goos user. needs to get fitter so he can play on the ball. He has one year left to make it.
If you go back and watch the first few games he played he showed just as much as lonie did imho. I see no reason why that forward line would be poor at all as bruce already looks like a 50 goal forward. paddy will only get better and Lonie, Billings and Sinclair already showing that they are best 22 and our better ball users.

Minch once he builds his tank up will be a very very good footballer.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If you go back and watch the first few games he played he showed just as much as lonie did imho. I see no reason why that forward line would be poor at all as bruce already looks like a 50 goal forward. paddy will only get better and Lonie, Billings and Sinclair already showing that they are best 22 and our better ball users.

Minch once he builds his tank up will be a very very good footballer.
I have seen just about every game Templeton has played including last year. He didn't excite me last year like he did to others because I just couldn't see anything special about him and he looks a bit slow even though others think he is pretty fast. I don't see that. As for the forward line well I didn't say it will be poor but it could be but it could also end up good. There are far to varibles to suggest that is the making of a very good forward line yet. Hope I am wrong on both fronts but I work on 50% of players people think when younger, will be ok, not making it at or just being ordinary footballers. Even with those 6 you mentioned I expect 2 or so not to make it.