2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:Straight swap.....Hickey for Carlisle. I'd be happy with this. We need a KPD and they need a first ruck. This would be a win win for both clubs IMHO.
:roll:

Sure you dont want to trade our B&F?
:x
Listen here, if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say anything. You do not add any value to this forum. You really should take a good long hard look at yourself. You told the mods that you are changing your name for a fresh start but nothing has changed. You are a blight on this Fan Forum site.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:Straight swap.....Hickey for Carlisle. I'd be happy with this. We need a KPD and they need a first ruck. This would be a win win for both clubs IMHO.
:roll:

Sure you dont want to trade our B&F?
:x
Listen here, if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say anything. You do not add any value to this forum. You really should take a good long hard look at yourself. You told the mods that you are changing your name for a fresh start but nothing has changed. You are a blight on this Fan Forum site.
Reported for attempting to start a flame war and taking this OT.

You wanted to trade our two time B&F and I simpy pointed that out. Only blight are people who want to wreck our team like you - you should be banned

You are garbage - Enough said
saintbob
SS Life Member

Do not waste pick 5 on Carlisle, that's for Jelly if we can snare him from GWS.

Besides I want to hear Carlisle nominate us before we offer up too much!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Cripps was taken at 25 but was traded when OOC for picks in the 40's.

Somehow managed to lose so much value but funnily enough is in the WCE 22 who are in a PF.

God you talk BS P66 when your argument has been exposed :roll:

Last year Essendon wanted Wingard and a top ten pick for a contracted Ryder. Got 17.

He wasn't even OOC.

Fair Dinkum how many times can you be proven wrong but still argue your case?
Proving it once would ok but at the moment you are just looking foolish. I see you didn't mention the draft Cripps was taken in and secondly what does his form now mean when we are talking about 2 years ago. No one back then said we got unders. But stick to your fantasy. No idea what the wingard thing even means. How much unders did we pay the ooc hickey? No wonder you got so embarrassed and changed your nic. Pity. Some people actually thought you discuss things. By the way I thought you weren't replying anymore. I suppose it's a woman's perogotive to change their mind. Hilarious.

Austinnn
Club Player

Coming back here after a week or two away on BF is like having a holiday back in the village you were brought up in after many years after moving away to the city and catching up with your old school mates who you still have loads of time for, but you can plainly see the different paths you took in life and you are so glad you got out while you were young. Nice to drop by now and then though.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: No one back then said we got unders. But stick to your fantasy. Hilarious.
I know plenty of supporters who thought we got unders - given he was a first round draft pick and showed good potential as a forward - and it most definitely now has been justified that we got shafted - hilarious indeed

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: No one back then said we got unders. But stick to your fantasy. Hilarious.
I know plenty of supporters who thought we got unders - given he was a first round draft pick and showed good potential as a forward - and it most definitely now has been justified that we got shafted - hilarious indeed

Funny that no one here thought it was unders and yes he was a first rounder but only after gws took 10 players before the draft. Still matters little as there are bugger all examples of ooc players going cheaply as most players traded are ooc. I notice you didn't quote hickey.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Funny that no one here thought it was unders and yes he was a first rounder but only after gws took 10 players before the draft. Still matters little as there are bugger all examples of ooc players going cheaply as most players traded are ooc. I notice you didn't quote hickey.
Looking back through the Cripps trade thread there a quite a few posters that thought we got shafted and quite a few were happy we got anything because he could have walked for nothing - as he was OCC - there were some that thought we did well cause they thought he would amount to nothing (well and truly proven wrong)

Below is your comment

Re: Cripps Traded
by plugger66 » Fri 26 Oct 2:01 pm

Pretty much Cripps for TDL. Downgrade but not a lot we could do about it.

Sounds like you reckon we got dudded

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Looking back through the Cripps trade thread there a quite a few posters that thought we got shafted and quite a few were happy we got anything because he could have walked for nothing - as he was OCC - there were some that thought we did well cause they thought he would amount to nothing (well and truly proven wrong)

Below is your comment

Yep because I rated him. I understood his ability but the not a lot we could do about it was because he was going home even if he quit footy. I knew that because I new him. The fact that you are arguing ooc helps because you get players cheaper just means you like arguing. Yep you get them cheaper than in contact but most players are ooc so you get them at true value Poor hickey just seems to be ignored. Maybe you can explain longer then. Or any other player traded over the last 20 years. Most get true value if they are ooc. Anyway matters little because only someone who lives in fantasyland thinks we can get Carlisle for about pick 28. Will cost a good player as well but more likely our pick one and we get back their pick 2 and get freeman. 2 potentionally very good players for pick 5. One proven and one that I think will be good.

jays
Club Player

if we could gwt aish and carlie imo would be great trade period as they say the top 5 or so drafties are great then drops off quite a lot

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Below is your comment

Yep because I rated him.
But you said no one on here thought it was unders?

Except you now

Again who or what determines "true value" - pretty much its an opinion and opinions will vary depending on what side of the fence you are on

Cripps was uncontracted and it was only at the last minute that we took WC's offer as we would have got nothing - Cripps nominated WC and because no other club came calling they called the shots - we got unders because he was uncontracted - if he was contracted he would have either had to have stayed with us or if WC wanted him they would have had to offer more than they did or wanted to - its not rocket science

Re: Hickey - our drafting that year was quite involved - its likely that we didnt rate any of the youngsters around those middle first round draft pick that we gave up for Lee and Hickey and a quite a few upgrades into the 2nd and 3rd rounds - at the time we needed ruck back up and Hickey had shown considerable promise and he didnt have a drug ban or questionable attitude problems hanging over him - a lot of supporters thought we payed overs and didnt have to pay as much - maybe there were other clubs interested in Hickey which pushed his price up - who knows

The key here with Carlisle is whether other clubs come calling with a deal comparable to ours - if they do then the asking price is likely to increase towards us needing to use a first rounder if we are deadset keen on acquiring his services - if clubs dont come calling and we are the only team interested then we would be mad not to hold out with a lesser trade deal - again its not rocket science

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Below is your comment

Yep because I rated him.
But you said no one on here thought it was unders?

Except you now

Again who or what determines "true value" - pretty much its an opinion and opinions will vary depending on what side of the fence you are on

Cripps was uncontracted and it was only at the last minute that we took WC's offer as we would have got nothing - Cripps nominated WC and because no other club came calling they called the shots - we got unders because he was uncontracted - if he was contracted he would have either had to have stayed with us or if WC wanted him they would have had to offer more than they did or wanted to - its not rocket science

Re: Hickey - our drafting that year was quite involved - its likely that we didnt rate any of the youngsters around those middle first round draft pick that we gave up for Lee and Hickey and a quite a few upgrades into the 2nd and 3rd rounds - at the time we needed ruck back up and Hickey had shown considerable promise and he didnt have a drug ban or questionable attitude problems hanging over him - a lot of supporters thought we payed overs and didnt have to pay as much - maybe there were other clubs interested in Hickey which pushed his price up - who knows

The key here with Carlisle is whether other clubs come calling with a deal comparable to ours - if they do then the asking price is likely to increase towards us needing to use a first rounder if we are deadset keen on acquiring his services - if clubs dont come calling and we are the only team interested then we would be mad not to hold out with a lesser trade deal - again its not rocket science
I must have missed my post where I said we got unders for Cripps. I'm sure I just said I rated him. And thanks for proving my point that we got true value for him. No one else wanted him. You said it so we got market value like pretty much every player. It's a redicoulous argument suggesting being ooc helps unless you are comparing it to in contract. And nice excuses about the hickey trade. The point is we didn't get unders. And of course the key is who wants Carlisle. If no one wants him apart from we can get as a third rounder but that's fantasyland stuff. He will be wanted by other clubs and will get true value. That value won't be pick 28 and arguing otherwise is arguing for the sake of it. If he comes to is I won't be disappointed but it seems a few on here will be when he costs us much more than 28. And that isn't rocket science

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Lol give it up P66. Devil head has shown you up receive Cripps.Just admit you are dead wrong on OOC.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Lol give it up P66. Devil head has shown you up receive Cripps.Just admit you are dead wrong on OOC.

If you want to believe that then go ahead. Funny that you never seemed to say OOC players didnt go at true value previously. How did we receive unders on Cripps when devilhead said only one club was interested? Seems like true value to me. Maybe even overs as he could have walked for nothing in your mystical PSD. Still haven't seen a name of a player that went cheaply because they were OOC. Surely if it helps being OOC there would be many. I still haven't seen any sensible reason why Hickey and Longer seemed to go reasonably high, well they certainly weren't bargain's.

At least I'm being realistic in Carlisles value and I still say if we got Freeman as well and Essendons second pick then Carlisle and Freeman for pick 5 seems good value to me.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Any news about the possible Carlisle trade?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

I did. I was very pissed off that we got jack for him. WCE bent us over. Big Mart and you might have been happy but your 300 posts each to everyone else 1 doesn't make you more people. You just take the line that if the AFL or the club did it, it must be the perfect outcome. You don't strike me as a rebellious type. You are kind of the Ned Flanders of the forum.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

I did. I was very pissed off that we got jack for him. WCE bent us over. Big Mart and you might have been happy but your 300 posts each to everyone else 1 doesn't make you more people. You just take the line that if the AFL or the club did it, it must be the perfect outcome. You don't strike me as a rebellious type. You are kind of the Ned Flanders of the forum.

Well that truly is the weirdest post ever by you and that will take some beating. Apart from not making sense its factually incorrect. You strike me as a very short angry person. I wish you could even explain the post as I was a fan of Cripps. And WCE didn't bend us over. It is always up to our club to get the best deal. Why do we always find reasons for doing the wrong thing. The stupid thing about your post is you are blaming another club and I blame our club and then you come out with a line that even Einstein couldn't understand about some perfect outcome. Time for meds going by your post.

Playon
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
How do you know we haven't?

How do you know we have given a first offer?

Only thing in this whole scenario - if we give up #5 for an OOC , disgruntled, WADA issued, non top 10 in the putrid bombers B&F and also with reported attitude problems, I Would be very very disappointed.

We really need to keep #5 for a quality mid or only trade it for a Kelly type.Otherwise pick up the first left from Parish, Tucker, Mathesion, Balic or Curnow.

If we miss Carlisle too bad
Well I know we were having a meeting with the bombers this week so I don't imagine it was to have a social get together.

It was reported that Kelly is happy to remain at GWS, sounding doubtful
Collingwood still the front runners for Aish and Hawks may get involved
Freeman seems more than a good chance (or if you listen to rumors he's a certainy )
And again if you listen to rumors our first pick wont be used in a straight swap for Carlisle
It as also Tweeted that Carlisle was offered $800k, which has apparently been denied by the club.

I Guess if you don't want to listen to rumors, wait for October :)

The problem we have this year as opposed to last year is that no player has come out and said "I want to be traded to the Saints" No cheapies

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: How did we receive unders on Cripps when devilhead said only one club was interested? Seems like true value to me.
Exactly because only one club was involved - Cripps nominated WC - he could have also nominated Freo - but he didnt - he wanted to be traded to WC full stop - he gave us an option of only one club to trade with and therefore because of this scenario we got WC's value - thats right WC's value not a truer more realistic value if other clubs were involved - the more clubs involved the truer the trade value for a player becomes
plugger66 wrote:At least I'm being realistic in Carlisles value and I still say if we got Freeman as well and Essendons second pick then Carlisle and Freeman for pick 5 seems good value to me.
Its your opinion - I am happy that you think you are being realistic - party on!!

If no other club comes for Carlisle then we would be absolutley raving bonkers to even consider using pick 5 in a trade deal with Essendon - if other clubs come calling then we may probalby have to consider it if we really really really want him

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And WCE didn't bend us over. It is always up to our club to get the best deal.
Best deal??

It was the only deal WC put forth so therefore I dont see how it was up to us - it was either that or nothing

If was up to the club to get the best deal that would mean we had some leverage which we didnt in the Cripps case as he solely nominated West Coast and wouldn't go anyway anywhere else

Anyway my last on the subject

There will be lots of trade speculation over the next month - Carlisle might nominate us or he might not - either way with cap in hand we have leverage to trade for some good players - if we can bend over a few clubs because a player states his desire to be only traded to us then I'm all for it because ever other club would

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote: The problem we have this year as opposed to last year is that no player has come out and said "I want to be traded to the Saints" No cheapies
As yet :twisted:

Playon
Club Player

Playon
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
Playon wrote: The problem we have this year as opposed to last year is that no player has come out and said "I want to be traded to the Saints" No cheapies
As yet :twisted:
Yep, even 1 day before the draft is a long way to go

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

**** thread derailed by morons where are the mods????

“Yeah….nah””
saintjake
Club Player

Teflon wrote:**** thread derailed by morons where are the mods????

Get rid of the flogs, open up the forum and bring in new fans.
This forum is a shell of its former self.