Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

saintjake wrote:
MadSaintFan wrote:Carlisle's decision will be purely based on remuneration, despite what may or may not be said. The Saints won't pay overs for him in terms of trade value or contract. That probably says as much about Carlisle as anything else.
But, don't be too disappointed if we miss out. There's another Victorian key position player from one of the expansion teams that we are very much in discussion with.

Every year someone pops up on this site with apparent secret insider information direct from the club itself. They can never tell you who told them, who the player is, or any real detail at all really.

Just like to make themselves feel special be important for a week or two
Yes it would be nice which gun we are talking about, or at least from which club, can't believe negotiations are that fragile that it would all fall apart if mentioned on this forum.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saintjake
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote:
saintjake wrote:
MadSaintFan wrote:Carlisle's decision will be purely based on remuneration, despite what may or may not be said. The Saints won't pay overs for him in terms of trade value or contract. That probably says as much about Carlisle as anything else.
But, don't be too disappointed if we miss out. There's another Victorian key position player from one of the expansion teams that we are very much in discussion with.

Every year someone pops up on this site with apparent secret insider information direct from the club itself. They can never tell you who told them, who the player is, or any real detail at all really.

Just like to make themselves feel special be important for a week or two
Yes it would be nice which gun we are talking about, or at least from which club, can't believe negotiations are that fragile that it would all fall apart if mentioned on this forum.
:D "sorry mate, there has been a leak of our discussions with you on an anonymous fan based st.kilda site, we can't bring you across now"

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Moods wrote:A good mate of mine who is VERY switched on re the bombers is very disappointed that Carlisle is gone, however he did say that Carlisle would not go to any AFL club without his problems. Apparently there were some real concerns at Essendon at some of the circles he moved in. .
...as opposed to EFC where he got to move with drug suppliers, dealers and various other dodgey characters.

Pot, kettle, black....

Pretty silly comment tbh.

Why? EFC had all sorts of dodgy staff and suppliers for several years and those associations have struck the club low and is part of the reason that Carlisle wants out.

Even the club Doc has questionable morals.

So I for one find your post quite ironic.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lynch from Gold Coast?? - Peninsula boy - out of contract at the end of next year (2016)

Been speaking with an ex-Essendon official and he resolutely confirmed that Carlisle is absolutely NOT the smartest peanut in the turd but his talent is undeniable - reckons a switch to another club will do him a world of good in terms of playing form.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
citywest

Is Carlisle a restricted FA or do we have to trade for him?

Rosco
Club Player

not a FA. he's 23 years old. trade required.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Rosco wrote:not a FA. he's 23 years old. trade required.
Not necessarily. He is not a FAor wont be a DFA butis an OOC.

If he nominates the Saints we WILL trade with Essendon BUT;

there is still a slim (extremely slim) chance that he is forced into psd and we front load the contract to ward off other clubs.

Carlisle has indicated he wants to get a deal for Essendon so expect a trade if we are in the frame.

A complication is that Bailey Rice is likely to nominate us so we require a later dp for him.

You are garbage - Enough said
MadSaintFan
Club Player

I can tell you categorically that I couldn't care less about any kudos or gaining any notoriety through 5 minutes of fame on this forum. I'm providing the information because I'm a passionate saints man like most others on here and I want the club to succeed. I also know given how starved of success we are that our supporters crave information and hope - as seen from the 780+ pages on the Bigfooty Trade thread.

Anyway, what I told you weeks ago about Carlisle was on the money. And so is what I've said about the youngster from GWS. Anyone who doesn't think Tomlinson will be a gun hasn't watched much footy.

Joffrey
Location: Iron Throne - or wherever in the Seven Kingdoms that I can find a decent WiFi hotspot.

Devilhead wrote:
Tom Lynch from Gold Coast?? - Peninsula boy - out of contract at the end of next year (2016)

Been speaking with an ex-Essendon official and he resolutely confirmed that Carlisle is absolutely NOT the smartest peanut in the turd but his talent is undeniable - reckons a switch to another club will do him a world of good in terms of playing form.
Do not touch this bloke Saints!!!!!!!

Very real risk of him playing roughly the same number of games for us, as the last bloke that mob told us
"a switch to another club will do him a world of good in terms of playing form."

Where's my crossbow? :evil:

Misunderstood.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:I can tell you categorically that I couldn't care less about any kudos or gaining any notoriety through 5 minutes of fame on this forum. I'm providing the information because I'm a passionate saints man like most others on here and I want the club to succeed. I also know given how starved of success we are that our supporters crave information and hope - as seen from the 780+ pages on the Bigfooty Trade thread.

Anyway, what I told you weeks ago about Carlisle was on the money. And so is what I've said about the youngster from GWS. Anyone who doesn't think Tomlinson will be a gun hasn't watched much footy.
Cheers mate for heads up - while I love the info is there a chance that ought to stay quiet till a deals done ? (I'm sure clubs keep better tabs on each other's activities than SS but who really knows)

Anyway, don't know meh about the kid hope he is a gun cause we need hope

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:I can tell you categorically that I couldn't care less about any kudos or gaining any notoriety through 5 minutes of fame on this forum. I'm providing the information because I'm a passionate saints man like most others on here and I want the club to succeed. I also know given how starved of success we are that our supporters crave information and hope - as seen from the 780+ pages on the Bigfooty Trade thread.

So its Tomlinson. I do watch him a bit and also saw him in junior footy. He isn't a gun and I'm not even sure he is what we need. How many tall forwards do we need? This is becoming silly. Carlisle is a proven back. A very good one. If we use pick one on him then the rest must be mids. The game is now a complete midfield game. Less and less talls are up in the goal kicking. Don't believe that then look at the goal tallies.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Tomlinson is a Carey Grammar boy.

Soft. Don't touch.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Carlise might turn out to be a gun, emphasis on might. At the moment he has played what about 15 good games in his career. How can he possibly be worth 700k (if that figure is correct) based on what.. potential. You should only pay big money on proven performance.

Buckley said something really interesting on 360, not about Carlisle but footballers in general. He said there are just some players who don't love footy. They love the money and it is their job but they don't have the passion. Is Carlisle one of them and if yes why would you want him at the club. I am astounded how after what he said about Essendon that they played him in the last couple.

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
RW&B
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Tomlinson is a Carey Grammar boy.

Soft. Don't touch.
*Trinity Grammar. Isn't soft. Used to smash Dom Tyson in running drills.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
FQF
SS Life Member

We need to take every break we can get. Seriously, slowly but surely going to the draft will be the end of us.

sax
Club Player

Maybe we could do a deal for two Jake's from the Bombers?

They could chuck Melksham in as steak knives, he's weighing up his future!

Article link & stats link below

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-09/b ... is-options

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... ksham.html

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
FQF
SS Life Member

sax wrote:Maybe we could do a deal for two Jake's from the Bombers?

Not sure he's worth much.

sax
Club Player

FQF wrote:
sax wrote:Maybe we could do a deal for two Jake's from the Bombers?

Not sure he's worth much.

He goes ok. We could give our 2nd rounder for both? Don't know if they'd take it considering they've already said they want a top 10 pick for Carlisle!

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2013 ... highlights

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
dragit
Saintsational Legend

No friggin way to melksham, it's players like him that are keeping Essendon down the bottom.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:No friggin way to melksham, it's players like him that are keeping Essendon down the bottom.
Took the words out of my nouth. He's a spud, a turnover king. Makes poor decisions with the ball.

saint6709
Club Player

RW&B wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Tomlinson is a Carey Grammar boy.

Soft. Don't touch.
*Trinity Grammar. Isn't soft. Used to smash Dom Tyson in running drills.
Weren't we talking about him last year ??

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:Carlise might turn out to be a gun, emphasis on might. At the moment he has played what about 15 good games in his career. How can he possibly be worth 700k (if that figure is correct) based on what.. potential. You should only pay big money on proven performance.

Buckley said something really interesting on 360, not about Carlisle but footballers in general. He said there are just some players who don't love footy. They love the money and it is their job but they don't have the passion. Is Carlisle one of them and if yes why would you want him at the club. I am astounded how after what he said about Essendon that they played him in the last couple.

fqf
That is interesting
If you equate that to a job in the "real world" as opposed to AFL fish bowl that's basically saying some employees don't have a natural inclination for work ethic required but would like to be paid CEO salaries cause their uni "beep test" (academic results) says they have potential??

All greats work hard that ought to be a no 1 requirement and I hope why we made decisions like McCartin

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

We do realise that halfway through 2013 at 21 he was earmarked for AA selection?

Make no mistake he is a gun.
Worth much more than pick 5 in this years draft, get it done.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I read yesterday that Carlisle is indeed facing WADA charges, so I'd stay clear. Unless the WADA matter is concluded by the pre season draft.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:We do realise that halfway through 2013 at 21 he was earmarked for AA selection?

Make no mistake he is a gun.
Worth much more than pick 5 in this years draft, get it done.
He has a 2 yr suspension hanging over his head. When will that be resolved?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!