Mad monday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Mad monday

Players and coaches and staff had a meal together. ( And drinks )
Player interviews started today.
Last edited by tony74 on Wed 09 Sep 2015 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sensible idea.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm with Saynta on this one! GREAT initiative for a mature approach to our rebuilding club.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I walked into a cafe near work on Monday and Joey was having lunch with his wife / girlfriend. I thought "so this is Mad Monday"

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I walked into a cafe near work on Monday and Joey was having lunch with his wife / girlfriend. I thought "so this is Mad Monday"
Moderate Monday.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Players and coaches and staff had dinner together. ( And drinks )
Player interviews started today.

That's like going out with your mum and dad on a boys night out. Surely they are mature enough to have some drinks on their own.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:In view of the horrific effects that alcohol and substance abuse has upon families all over the globe, and at a time when we as a society should be promoting responsible consumption of alcohol, the previous post from P66 is somewhat curious. In my humble opinion of course.

Alright 7 days a week drinking is fine but at least moderation on 3 of those nights.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I walked into a cafe near work on Monday and Joey was having lunch with his wife / girlfriend. I thought "so this is Mad Monday"
Erinn can get pretty darn mad.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Player Interviews sound excruciating. I hate performance reviews.

older saint
SS Life Member

Interesting that Geelong and others are able to have mad monday's without controversy, ok the odd inappropriate costume, yet young adults cannot? Either we need to improve our damage control management or leaks or some of these guys cannot control themselves when on the grog.
Either way a sensible decision which can be spun to show a more responsible approach to things in the press .
Last edited by older saint on Tue 08 Sep 2015 6:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

Austinnn
Club Player

Just because they publicly stated there would be no Mad Monday, doesn't mean no one's drinking, all you alcohol-abusing sheep can jest relax!

Considering the media addiction to Saints social events, I would think the last thing the Saints would want is another public booze up. Let them be as insane as they need to be, in private.

If any of you get smashed, your anonymity and the total lack kf public interest in you protects you from lasting shame, unless you really do f*** up in a big way.

Plenty of ways for the players to let their hair down without the ambulance chasers in the Aus media leaping on it.

Plenty of ways for a bunch of men to let off some steam without causing scandal whilst in full view.

It's a different age now, social media and the hypocritical public's/media's puritanical demands have meant that Mad Monday is too dangerous.

Good luck to Geelong and their fancy dress party, they can handle an incident due to their squeaky clean history. We can't.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Just because they publicly stated there would be no Mad Monday, doesn't mean no one's drinking, all you alcohol-abusing sheep can jest relax!

Considering the media addiction to Saints social events, I would think the last thing the Saints would want is another public booze up. Let them be as insane as they need to be, in private.

If any of you get smashed, your anonymity and the total lack kf public interest in you protects you from lasting shame, unless you really do f*** up in a big way.

Plenty of ways for the players to let their hair down without the ambulance chasers in the Aus media leaping on it.

Plenty of ways for a bunch of men to let off some steam without causing scandal whilst in full view.

It's a different age now, social media and the hypocritical public's/media's puritanical demands have meant that Mad Monday is too dangerous.

Good luck to Geelong and their fancy dress party, they can handle an incident due to their squeaky clean history. We can't.

Why do we think our players are so weak minded? Is this wowser land?

#gosaintas
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Player Interviews sound excruciating. I hate performance reviews.
All serial underperformers would I'd imagine

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Player Interviews sound excruciating. I hate performance reviews.
All serial underperformers would I'd imagine
Thanks boss.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sorry P66, but IF the Club, the Coach, and the players have decided to do something a wee bit different from the "normal" (?) mad monday activities, what effect does that have on us? (other than liberating us from the lurid headlines from the tabloids about "another example of Saints culture", with all the impact that has upon sponsors etc)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Sorry P66, but IF the Club, the Coach, and the players have decided to do something a wee bit different from the "normal" (?) mad monday activities, what effect does that have on us? (other than liberating us from the lurid headlines from the tabloids about "another example of Saints culture", with all the impact that has upon sponsors etc)

Firstly I doubt the players really wanted to do something different but really had no choice. It has no effect on us at all but that's like saying the guess the delistings thread is a waste of time because we have no say in it.

I'm more interested in why you think our players are that weak minded that you think there is a chance we will stuff up. I'm pretty sure we didn't stuff up last year. Id rather trust the players that they could be like Geelong are.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

P66, just where, in any of my posts on this subject have I either said, or implied that the players are "weak minded"? You're the only one saying THAT! I'm concerned as to how you see them as being anything other than mature and professional for NOT "smashing the grog"?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:P66, just where, in any of my posts on this subject have I either said, or implied that the players are "weak minded"? You're the only one saying THAT! I'm concerned as to how you see them as being anything other than mature and professional for NOT "smashing the grog"?

You seem to think they will be in the news for stuffing up. What other conclusion should I come too?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm more concerned if some of our boys drink those pre mixed drinks and not cider or beer.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Joffrey
Location: Iron Throne - or wherever in the Seven Kingdoms that I can find a decent WiFi hotspot.

GrumpyOne wrote:
SainterK wrote:Who said their not?

Thought they were having wacky Wednesday?

Can't believe I'm typing that, sounds so immature.

Anyways, if they have to smash the grog, better in a controlled environment I suppose.
Wacky Wednesday will become Thirsty Thursday.
Don't forget freekick-free Fridays...........and Saturdays, and Sundays and............. :evil:

Misunderstood.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Cafe Monday.

Kinda has a ring to it.

elizabethr
Club Player

You'll Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties...

nothing to say
noddy04
Club Player

I thought i heard/read somewhere that our players/ club werent doing a mad monday as there are still finals going on for sandi and a fair few of our listed players are in training still. Not sure where i read or heard it though. I also think i heard the Wednesday thing that SainterK wrote about :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

P66, I have to ask again, WHERE in any of my posts in this thread do I pose the idea that the boys will be in the news for "stuffing up"? If you want to draw that conclusion, then fine. For what it's worth, I happen to think that post season drinks for the players is not a bad tradition, in itself. However, in view of past indiscretions, this latest move by the club could be a good thing.

loris
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:I thought i heard/read somewhere that our players/ club werent doing a mad monday as there are still finals going on for sandi and a fair few of our listed players are in training still. Not sure where i read or heard it though. I also think i heard the Wednesday thing that SainterK wrote about :D
Nods it was in the article or video recently that was either on afl.com.au. Or, on saints.com.au with Sam Fisher.

There were a couple of interviews about him, think it was the one where he was talking about how fitness staff will have to work out different programs for mid fielders with the reduced amount rotations they will be having. He said their pre season programmes would be more strenuous .Said it wouldn't impact much on him as he only gets rotated once or twice a match.
He was asked then about mad Monday and said there wouldn't be one,, they were a thing of the past. Players, coaches and support staff would be going out together for a get together and I think it was stated it was Wednesday. He said some players might be going away in small groups during end of season for holidays.

Or it might have been in the interview Sam did with his fiancé with the Tissot watches they were promoting. Saintbrat put a link to it a week ago I think.