40 man AA squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

40 man AA squad

St Kilda:

none

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: 40 man AA squad

FQF wrote:St Kilda:

none
Probably fair. Armo was a lock at halfway but corky and then shoulder slowed him down.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Incorrect spelling.

It's Noone with 2 o's.

He plays for Sandringham. Good effort.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Dempster and Armitage unlucky to miss the squad but not sure either deserved to make the team anyway so it's all academic.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Dempster and Armitage unlucky to miss the squad but not sure either deserved to make the team anyway so it's all academic.

Why not Steven? he will probably win the B&F.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Dempster and Armitage unlucky to miss the squad but not sure either deserved to make the team anyway so it's all academic.

Cos Stevens can't kick

older saint
SS Life Member

Armitage stiff not to make top 40- would have expected he donate make the team but should be in the best 40 players this year in fairness.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cos Stevens can't kick

Wowee. Could he 2 years ago? By the way do you ever say anything positive about any player.

elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Unlikely but possibly. ..

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Apart you being Armo's auntie why is Steven unlikely. Just about everything shows both are very close.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Armo and Steven lead lots of the stats most of the season very poor not to name them in the extended squad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Armo and Steven lead lots of the stats most of the season very poor not to name them in the extended squad.

I don't think either deserve to be in but you obviously do. Who should they replace because there is only 40.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Armo and Steven lead lots of the stats most of the season very poor not to name them in the extended squad.

I don't think either deserve to be in but you obviously do. Who should they replace because there is only 40.
I don't know but Armo was the top possession getter for 95 percent of the season in the whole comp, Steven most tackles and super coach points most of the season so both should have made the extended squad. I don't know what kind of season some other had but a few are there on past reputation as usual.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't know but Armo was the top possession getter for 95 percent of the season in the whole comp, Steven most tackles and super coach points most of the season so both should have made the extended squad. I don't know what kind of season some other had but a few are there on past reputation as usual.

Wow. At least you have done a bit of work to come up with all that. Don't know the form but got in on reputation. Armo would have been in for most of the year and Steven would never have been in. I think they pretty much got it right. I do know the form and I cant think of many if any picked on reputation.

FQF
SS Life Member

Not sure Swan or Pendlebury deserve to be in.

Freebird
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cos Stevens can't kick
Stevens can't kick because players don't present themselves

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Season is over, you can't expect the 14th team to have too many in the top 40 players.

Or the Brownlow, MVP and the plethora of other meaningless awards.

I am certain all of our players and coaches know exactly where the playing group is at; now is the time to analyse the season and start building towards 2016. Lay out the plans, then have a good break and come back looking forward, not backwards.

Saint supporter since '62
elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
elizabethr wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Apart you being Armo's auntie why is Steven unlikely. Just about everything shows both are very close.
I think you are correct, it will be close.
Jack led the way with tackles whereas armo had more contested possession.
This is a coaches award voting wise and Armo has a clear points advantage in the recorded vote.
Despite this Jack is very popular with the coaches at Saints even being somewhat of a "pet".
Armo is also ahead in media awards but who really knows until Monday night.

Either of them will be a worthy winner having busted their guts for their club and teammates.

nothing to say
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Wow. At least you have done a bit of work to come up with all that. Don't know the form but got in on reputation. Armo would have been in for most of the year and Steven would never have been in. I think they pretty much got it right. I do know the form and I cant think of many if any picked on reputation.
Well Jack had the highest fantasy footy total for the whole comp this year. They finished 8 and 9 in total disposals. I think they deserved their spot in at least the extended squad. Every year they put someone in because they always get in. Both our guys had to do a lot more than some of those outside seagulls in smooth moving teams who get cheap outside ball.

On players that from the bits I have seen Burgoyne had an okay year but nothing extraordinary, Hawks, Freo and Bulldogs are over represented with guys I wouldn't consider that great.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well Jack had the highest fantasy footy total for the whole comp this year. They finished 8 and 9 in total disposals. I think they deserved their spot in at least the extended squad. Every year they put someone in because they always get in. Both our guys had to do a lot more than some of those outside seagulls in smooth moving teams who get cheap outside ball.

On players that from the bits I have seen Burgoyne had an okay year but nothing extraordinary, Hawks, Freo and Bulldogs are over represented with guys I wouldn't consider that great.
Well the panel that picks them surely doesn't have anything against our side so I'm sure they would have got in if they were deemed good enough. And I don't think they in the same spot as Burguyne. Whilst its only a squad they would have a certain amount of players in various positions.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Freebird wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cos Stevens can't kick
I summon you to watch more stkilda games before you say that. His kicking is terrible and without looking at stats probably turns is over more times than what CJ did.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why not Steven?...
eve (<=1)

Viking3
Club Player

Armo's form was at least as good as Pendelbury, better than Swan's and definitely better than Dalhuis!
Certainly quieter in second half, but it is selected on full year, not current form alone.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Joffrey
Location: Iron Throne - or wherever in the Seven Kingdoms that I can find a decent WiFi hotspot.

#gosaintas wrote:Cos Stevens can't kick
I think you're being a bit harsh on Phil. He was a pretty good footballer back in his day.

Misunderstood.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Freebird wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cos Stevens can't kick
I summon you to watch more stkilda games before you say that. His kicking is terrible and without looking at stats probably turns is over more times than what CJ did.

Well that's clearly wrong. Due to us not having a great midfield Jack is told to take the game on with his kicking. Occassionally by taking the game on he stuffs up and then sometimes he can be the best pass in the side to a forward. He is told to do this. Fact. If we had other help in the midfield he wont be doing that as much. His kicking style is pretty good. Certainly much better than CJ who was told the opposite to Jack. Get some modfield help and you will see a guy who can kick the ball very well.