BJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BJ

The saints were right only offering BJ three years when he wanted four. On today's performance he is well and truly cooked. Done. Finished. Washed up.You name it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: BJ

saynta wrote:The saints were right only offering BJ three years when he wanted four. On today's performance he is well and truly cooked. Done. Finished. Washed up.You name it.
Bombers fans want to trade him. Lets put it that way.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Didn't watch the game but I think it's safe to say that he is not enjoying playing footy at the moment, I don't blame him either. Would be better off being traded to gws.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Essendon shafted him.

He had a tough time there over the journey carrying their can.

Betcha there have been many times when he wished he did not leave.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Kernal75
Club Player

There's 800,000 reasons why he's still enjoying it

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Kernal75 wrote:There's 800,000 reasons why he's still enjoying it
Enjoying money and enjoying playing are exclusive. There's no way in hell he enjoys running out onto the field every week. He has nothing to play for except that money which he gets regardless of how he plays.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What was his game like?

20 touches 6 tackles and a goal doesn't read too badly, if a little quiet for him.

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Essendon shafted him.

He had a tough time there over the journey carrying their can.

Betcha there have been many times when he wished he did not leave.
Defending the indefensible is always tough.
He is right to defend the players but in doing that, he knows that the support staff were to blame.
And among them was James Hird and there still remains "I'm the club doctor but I have no medical records but I opposed what as going on even though I never knew what was going on."
He was expecting to be playing finals football in pursuit of a premiership.
Instead he joined a team coached by an amateur in James Hird.

But Essendon will be a better team once they get a professional coach with a tad of coaching experience.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

There is strong mail about that they'll appoint that dill Mark Harvey as senior coach. So much for ace's theory about getting a professional. One can only hope they do give it to Harvey. Between him and WADA, the bummers should stay near the bottom for a decade!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:There is strong mail about that they'll appoint that dill Mark Harvey as senior coach. So much for ace's theory about getting a professional. One can only hope they do give it to Harvey. Between him and WADA, the bummers should stay near the bottom for a decade!
I don't believe they have many credible candidates coming forward. They'll take what they can get!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Mick Malthouse is keen.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Mick Malthouse is keen.
More like desperate!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Tom_Sainter
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:There is strong mail about that they'll appoint that dill Mark Harvey as senior coach. So much for ace's theory about getting a professional. One can only hope they do give it to Harvey. Between him and WADA, the bummers should stay near the bottom for a decade!
Doesn't sound like essendon to appoint an ex player or club favourite without having the courage to actually look outside of 'an essendon person' for the job. There is also word a coterie group is trying to get Hird back as coach lol... only at essendon and may well it continue. Seriously if they pick that muppet Harvey they will go backwards 1000 miles an hour

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

saynta wrote:The saints were right only offering BJ three years when he wanted four. On today's performance he is well and truly cooked. Done. Finished. Washed up.You name it.
Exactly plus the money he was chasing is too much for an unaccountable cheap possession getting half back flanker. Was one of my favs but deserves his new home.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I cant believe some wanted BJ back. We shouldnt be a club where old champs can have a few years at the end of their careers to top up their superannuation and property portfolio. Wed be a laughing stock if we took him back now. We need to be a hard-core, serious club.

Joffrey
Location: Iron Throne - or wherever in the Seven Kingdoms that I can find a decent WiFi hotspot.

Do I recall correctly that Roo halved his salary to $500K p.a? Ironically, in the same year BJ wanted to become our highest paid player. And the irony dripped a bit more with BJ also wanting that four year contract.

Looking cooked after three years. Four years, huh BJ?

Do any of your new mates know a good biochemist to help you rejuvenate? :lol:

Misunderstood.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I still like a player who sheds a tear after playing his old club - tells me 1 thing:Goddard at least gave a stuff
No I wouldn't take him back on stupid money but if he was coming cheap...call me sentimental or just mental

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I still like a player who sheds a tear after playing his old club - tells me 1 thing:Goddard at least gave a stuff
No I wouldn't take him back on stupid money but if he was coming cheap...call me sentimental or just mental
Getting a bit soft in your old age Teflon?

Why don't we bring back Scott Watters as well then.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't BJ playing a different role? I had the game on in the background and thought I heard the commentators say he was tagging or playing a shutdown role on Pendlebury. 20 possessions and a goal isn't so bad depending on how Pendlebury played......

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Teflon wrote:I still like a player who sheds a tear after playing his old club - tells me 1 thing:Goddard at least gave a stuff

Can't honestly compare Watters to Goddards impact at our club but yes, I am going soft - have even started reading some of your tear jerker posts and choked up a few times!

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Can't honestly compare Watters to Goddards impact at our club but yes, I am going soft - have even started reading some of your tear jerker posts and choked up a few times!
On your first point: well, dah!

I was joking about going soft. You don't always have to go for the throat you know.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Teflon wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

On your first point: well, dah!

I was joking about going soft. You don't always have to go for the throat you know.
that WAS playful Tef
geez I cant win!

“Yeah….nah””