2016 Will Be Worse Than 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2016 Will Be Worse Than 2015

How in God's name anyone can "forecast" how we will go in twelve months time is truly beyond me. We have absolutely NO idea of injuries, form, recruitment etc etc., and yet (self-appointed) "experts" make some outrageous predictions. David King made a right royal twat out of himself regarding the Saints! Why do people do it? Or am I just a wowser? (no need to answer that one folks! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

not forecasting just giving an opinion ... obviously things change and predictions this far out can be well off the mark heck predictions on the upcoming games can be off the mark but if things go the way I think they will I stand by my previous post that best case we get 7 wins next year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:How in God's name anyone can "forecast" how we will go in twelve months time is truly beyond me. We have absolutely NO idea of injuries, form, recruitment etc etc., and yet (self-appointed) "experts" make some outrageous predictions. David King made a right royal twat out of himself regarding the Saints! Why do people do it? Or am I just a wowser? (no need to answer that one folks! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

You do realise the people in the media have to make predictions. They have no choice unless they quit. He got it wrong. Big deal. Many biased Saints supporters got it wrong also. And we have threads like this so we can discuss things. There is no point in saying who will win games before the final sides are selected just in case someone pulls out but how boring would that be. I thought we would win 3 at the most this year. I was clearly wrong by at least 100% but I don't care. Its great. I think we will win around the same number next season but im happy to be wrong again.

Im happy for anyone to say we will win 16 games next season but what I don't like is that person then getting upset if we win 6 because they weren't being realistic. Its like people here who think we can beat the Hawks and we lose by 10 goals which is really what most think will happen but that person then gets stuck into the club and calls players pathetic and the coaching useless. Sometimes you really need to be realistic. If you think we can win 16 games next season that is fine but don't get stuck into the club if we don't.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I gotta agree with ya pluggs this year has been terrible for it the amount of people who have been critical of the club because of losses that we all knew were going to be coming... theres nothing I hate more then when a saints fan gets all huffy when we lose without looking at the reasons why we lose ... I can honestly say I have been happy with every game this year sure there are a few I reckon we could have won but we didn't but im quiet impressed by this year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

spert
Saintsational Legend

There's reasons why teams lose and a reason why a teams win, and on a footy forum, that's where you should be able to discuss these things both good and bad as a passionate supporter. If some of you you want a feel-good forum, then maybe the mods could create one, otherwise if you notice a player playing badly, or a coach being out-smarted by the opposition coach, then that's something to discuss. As Richo has said, and any coach will say, you go out to win every game, regardless of what the circumstances are. As last year's performances were quite poor, then I would expect nothing other than this year's to be an improvement of any kind and it has been an improved year, though there have been some dud games. I think you will find one of Richo's KPIs for this season was to win more games than last season- we have and that's one of the reasons he had a new contract.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I agree spurt but some people need to look at their expectation.. there was a person the other day complaining that the guys like Acres were to weak to play footy and that we drafter a bunch of skinny wimps .... im mean seriously they are kids they will take time to grow bodies of men ...

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

No expectations, no disappointments

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:In 2014 most were predicting that 2015 would be worse than 2014 as we hadn't bottomed out yet.
Good trading, good drafting and natural improvement will see us improve more next season.

Currently, we are a better team than Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast...we split two very close games with the Bulldogs.
We have been competitive in most games we've played winning key statistics but not being able to translate those into wins (mostly due to inaccuracy early in games).

Another pre-season into the young mids like Sinclair, Lonie, Dunstan, McKenzie and Billings, the development of the young forwards in Bruce, Membrey and McCartin and the development of Goddard will see us naturally improve at the same rate as the other teams. We are also getting games into two very young ruckman. At 24 and 22, Hickey and Longer are still babies compared to the blokes they're competing against each week. Their improvement over the next few seasons will be significant.

But what I have been impressed with is the game plan. It works becuase it generates us enough inside 50's to win games and pressures the opposition into giving us the ball back leading to repeat entries inside 50.

I am more bullish about next season than I was about this one.
Agree

I've also been impressed by the form of Sandi
The last couple of years they have been average like the seniors , this year there a chance to win .
A couple of good draftee's , continued improvement in the younger players and i don't see why we couldn't be on the cusp of the eight next year .
We may not win a game next year but i always go into a season thinking that if our best players can play their best football all season then where a chance .
Go Saintas !

In red white and black from 73
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think the result tonight probably shows that we won't be worse in 2016 Than 2015

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Loved tonight but heck who knows. Look at Port and the Bulldogs.
AFL footy aint easy to predict.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Such an interesting thread! SOME (on this forum even!) had us winning ZERO games this year. I always find it interesting to read all the speculation and forecasts for our side (and how often they are proven wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) There are some who are more than happy to find negatives, who are "happy being miserable" good luck to them. Me? well I expect NOTHING, but always BELIEVE that we can win! That philosophy works for me. FWIW, I think we WILL improve in 2016! and to hell with pessimism! Jeez its good to be back! :lol:
Ihaduswinningseven. :wink:

The Recruit
Club Player

Don't agree at all. We are better than

Melbourne
Carlton
Essendon
Brisbane

That's 8 wins already. ....snag 2-3 others....minimum 8-9 wins. I have seen nothing but improvement from our list. I expect further improvement next year our coaching has been spot on.

Might struggle 2017 after a few retirements. But next year we will be very competitive

mohannair
Club Player

Would you have said about the Bulldogs at the start of this year!! Or the Port last year. You never know mate, it all depends how we play.

bergholt wrote:Reasons we'll finish closer to the bottom next year:

- Gold Coast won't be so bad (assuming they keep some good players)
- Essendon won't be so bad (once suspensions are complete, admittedly a risk for them)
- Melbourne should be a bit better again (especially with Petracca)
- Hard to see which teams will be worse: Port and Collingwood should be better, maybe Geelong will be a bit worse?
- Rooey will be another year older (he's almost 33 now)
- We'll have more injuries (very good run this year)

Yes, our kids will be better but so will everyone else's. Probably Carlton and Brisbane the only ones I'd feel confident finishing above at this point.

Based on all that, I have a feeling we need to harden up and prepare for a tougher year in 2016. Hopefully there's a strong draft class to make up for it.

2017, on the other hand, we should start to rise properly. Just don't hold your breath for next year.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I've quite enjoyed this season, pretty much because we've exceded my expectations.

I found those years from about 2005 till about 2011 quite stressfull. Everything was importat, as genuine contendors the 1% 'ers all counted.

Then when we realised the window was closing and it was kind of depressing.

Last year I began to feel encouragement that we were heading in the right direction, but there was a lot of pain.

But this year has been fantastic, I really feel that we are on the up, and a lot of others are on the way down. We are better than quite a few teams, and we're on the up. Geelong & Collingwood may be on the decline and we may catch them. Even Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn may have already peaked and may go into decline next year, not that I'd forecast us to surpass them next year.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Just a stupid OP

elizabethr
Club Player

Ridiculous Premise.

nothing to say