Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

St Chris wrote:
saynta wrote:
St Chris wrote:
FQF wrote:
St Chris wrote:Lachie Henderson has officially requested a trade from the Blues, he'd be a better option than Carlisle??
Why better? Who is a better player? Also Hendserson will be 26.
Henderson has more ticker than Carlisle. He's not a d*ckhead either....
Oh, I thought Henderson just proved that he was a dick head and that's why he is now sitting out the last three games.

Couldn't keep his mouth shut until the end of the season. How dumb is that?
I think it's pretty mature actually, and the reaction from Carlton shows the AFL industry isn't truly ready for free agency....

Would you prefer the BS line "we're putting off contract talks until after the season, but i'm confident i'll stay" that supporters got from Ablett, and Goddard, and Tom Scully, and Chip Frawley, and Buddy, and are getting from Carlisle, Dangerfield and Luenberger???
Yeah I get your point. It's not an honest world we live in and honesty is hardy the best policy where footy teams and their uncontracted/disenchanted players are concerned.

What I think it means is that this sad sack will be the absolute last player to open his mouth before seasons end if he has made up his mind to go.

Make of that what you will.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:Those thinking that Jake Carlisle would be a good investment should research the name Jonathon Hay. Hawthorn laughed all the way to the Draft table at Nth Melbourne's expence !!

What do you mean Eastern? Do the Bombers know Carlisle has depression?
Other issues, on & off field.

I'd be reading the fine print in the warranty !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:Those thinking that Jake Carlisle would be a good investment should research the name Jonathon Hay. Hawthorn laughed all the way to the Draft table at Nth Melbourne's expence !!

I think all hays issues were due to depression. I haven't heard Carlisle struggles with that.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think all hays issues were due to depression. I haven't heard Carlisle struggles with that.
Both over priced, over valued tarnished goods. Hay had other issues that he could have controlled

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Both over priced, over valued tarnished goods. Hay had other issues that he could have controlled

Not from what I heard off a good mate of his. All to do with depression. No idea about Carlisle Price but anyway it matters little. We aren't getting him. More hope of getting Hay. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want him though.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:not sure if that's sarcasm or not plugs.......

No its hard to spot but its very good. Your comments are fine also.
not everyone appreciated it .... might have to buy some vinegar and keep it handy

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

I cannot believe Carlisle gets a game after what he said last week

If any Saints player came off the ground like that I would want them out for a time (which could be an everlasting time)

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
saynta wrote:
St Chris wrote:
FQF wrote:
St Chris wrote:Lachie Henderson has officially requested a trade from the Blues, he'd be a better option than Carlisle??
Oh, I thought Henderson just proved that he was a dick head and that's why he is now sitting out the last three games.

I think it's pretty mature actually, and the reaction from Carlton shows the AFL industry isn't truly ready for free agency....

Would you prefer the BS line "we're putting off contract talks until after the season, but i'm confident i'll stay" that supporters got from Ablett, and Goddard, and Tom Scully, and Chip Frawley, and Buddy, and are getting from Carlisle, Dangerfield and Luenberger???
Glad to see that Gillon agrees with me.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... j4cop.html

"AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has taken a swipe at Lachie Henderson, labelling the departed Carlton forward's exit "unnecessary and undisciplined".

Henderson, 25, informed the Blues this week that he would not be at the club in 2016, with Carlton subsequently deciding to send Henderson on his way, telling the key position player that he would not be considered for selection for the remainder of the campaign.
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is not happy about the Lachie Henderson declaration.

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is not happy about the Lachie Henderson declaration. Photo: Andrew Meares

McLachlan was stinging in his criticism.

"I really don't like him saying he wants to go somewhere else three rounds to go. It's unnecessary, it's undisciplined, and I've got no idea why people feel the need to do it," McLachlan told 3AW on Friday morning.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
St Chris wrote:
saynta wrote:
St Chris wrote:
FQF wrote:

Glad to see that Gillon agrees with me.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... j4cop.html

"AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has taken a swipe at Lachie Henderson, labelling the departed Carlton forward's exit "unnecessary and undisciplined".

Henderson, 25, informed the Blues this week that he would not be at the club in 2016, with Carlton subsequently deciding to send Henderson on his way, telling the key position player that he would not be considered for selection for the remainder of the campaign.
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is not happy about the Lachie Henderson declaration.

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is not happy about the Lachie Henderson declaration. Photo: Andrew Meares

McLachlan was stinging in his criticism.

"I really don't like him saying he wants to go somewhere else three rounds to go. It's unnecessary, it's undisciplined, and I've got no idea why people feel the need to do it," McLachlan told 3AW on Friday morning.

However its ok to tell players they will be delisted with 3 weeks to go. That happens I can assure you. I don't see a problem with what Henderson did. Isnt that better giving notice than telling them after the season finishes.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I would say Henderson announced his leaving early in order to absolutely cancel out the risk of getting injured before his trade deal - and he most definitely knew that Carlton would not have played him

If he got seriously injured playing in these last 3 weeks ie: knee - for a club sitting last on the ladder - then any club willing to trade for him ie: Geelong might have backtracked and decided against the move

It is a smart move by Henderson - safekeeping his trade value - and Carlton will benefit to as they can now get the best deal for him - if he was to get a long term injury in a meaningless end of season game they would be left with an injured player that didnt want to be with them - therefore ending up with nothing - Carlton should be happy

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Royston
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:I cannot believe Carlisle gets a game after what he said last week

If any Saints player came off the ground like that I would want them out for a time (which could be an everlasting time)

What did he actually say?

I heard it mentioned on the radio the other day but didn't hear what was said....

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Royston wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:I cannot believe Carlisle gets a game after what he said last week

I heard it mentioned on the radio the other day but didn't hear what was said....
"f*** this club"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Royston wrote:

"f*** this club"
Well said Belinda!

I wouldn't touch any Essendope player. I'd hate to have a vested interest in a lower WADA penalty because one of the cheats is now ours.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Royston wrote:

"f*** this club"
Well said Belinda!

I wouldn't touch any Essendope player. I'd hate to have a vested interest in a lower WADA penalty because one of the cheats is now ours.

They are going to get a low penalty anyway whether you hope or don't hope. He would be a great fit for us but we wont be getting him you would think.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Royston wrote:

"f*** this club"
Well said Belinda!

They are going to get a low penalty anyway whether you hope or don't hope. He would be a great fit for us but we wont be getting him you would think.
A low penalty? Maybe. My main hope is it drags onto until mid next season. As long as they are deliberating, it's effectively the penalty period.

What would you trade for him? A second round pick would be ample if they'd take it IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
A low penalty? Maybe. My main hope is it drags onto until mid next season. As long as they are deliberating, it's effectively the penalty period.

What would you trade for him? A second round pick would be ample if they'd take it IMO.
Need a top 10 pick to get him for sure. Unlike you the sooner it is over the better. You may like negative things but it would great to start a footy season with all the crap finished. I like positive things.

Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Need a top 10 pick to get him for sure. Unlike you the sooner it is over the better. You may like negative things but it would great to start a footy season with all the crap finished. I like positive things.
Agreed on the pick and on hopefully a clean slate for 2016. Sick of seeing Essendon in the paper and Hird is gone.

Someone will give a top 10 pick for Carlisle. Collingwood look like getting pick 7 ignoring any compo picks.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Two years ago Jake Carlisle visited Hird at his home and requested that he be traded to another club.

“Why do you want to leave the Bombers?" asked Hird.

“For two reasons,” replied Carlisle. “First, I am worried that this crisis will effect the playing group and that we will become so uncompetitive that we will turn into the league's basket case . . .”

“But,” interrupts Hird, “you're being ridiculous. ASADA will never be able to prove anything and I will personally drag out this issue for as long as possible, perhaps many years, So don't worry"!

“Well,” responds Carlisle calmly, “this is my second reason.”

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:It is a smart move by Henderson - safekeeping his trade value...
Why should he care about his "trade value"? Ideally for him it'd be as low as possible, then he'd be guaranteed he could go where he wants.

supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Royston wrote:

"f*** this club"
Well said Belinda!

I read in the press that he actually said " this club is f....d." for what it's worth ?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Devilhead wrote:It is a smart move by Henderson - safekeeping his trade value...
Why should he care about his "trade value"? Ideally for him it'd be as low as possible, then he'd be guaranteed he could go where he wants.
Henderson wants to get traded - if he does an ACL in one of these 3 remaining matches then why would a club want to risk picking him up given the fact the Carlton will not want to let him go for anything less than a second rounder even if he does get an injury?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Henderson wants to get traded - if he does an ACL in one of these 3 remaining matches then why would a club want to risk picking him up given the fact the Carlton will not want to let him go for anything less than a second rounder even if he does get an injury?
Carlton can't possibly keep him at this point, so if the best offer is pick 60 then they'll have to take it. Buyer's market.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont think we should play on the fringes. Lets either attack the draft or bring in established guns. I regard Treloar and Bennell as established guns but not Henderson or Carlisle.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 07 Sep 2015 11:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Matthew Lloyd just linked us

Oh dear

dragit
Saintsational Legend

While I think Carlisle is a fine player, Essendon are just impossible to trade with… want twice the value of all their players.

I do not want to see our first pick form any part of a trade for a player like Carlisle, Essendon will no doubt ask for our fist pick and Billings for Carlisle, similar to their negotiations with Port last year.