Tributes to Lenny here - we will send him a SS tribute book

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Tributes to Lenny here - we will send him a SS tribute b

It was simply a privilege to watch you play. Talent, tenacity, application -- it is hard to imagine the gaping hole you will leave ever being filled.

coopergrech
Club Player

Yeah Lenny will be deeply missed and is still hurting not seeing him running around for the Saints anymore
magnifisaint wrote:
coopergrech wrote:Thanks Lenny for a great career at the Saints , toughest player in the last 16 years! You will be deply missed. A True Champion.

#ILoveLenny
deeply

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Looking back, I think it was Round 3 against West Coast in 2000 or so, when I was asking myself whether you, Lenny Hayes, actually was deserving of the number 7 worn by greats and personal favourites Nicky Winmar and Stuart Trott.
I was in my reserve seat on the wing, at "Telstra" with my young son when you cleaned up a Westcoast player in front of us and drilled it forward for a goal. I immediately thought " sh*t that is SOLID. What a GUN! Looks like he Might live up to the number." You then looked like a Harvey clone but harder at the ball!
Later, I was at the drawn GF - and watched you nail Dane Swan in flight, and its fair to say there are not many tougher centre players around, picked up the free and kicked the amazing goal to almost bring us home. You then surpassed all previous number 7s.
Not much more can be said Mr Hayes, not much at all.
Well done and THANKYOU ...

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Saints94
SS Life Member

We all love you very much Lenny Hayes.

It was absolute honour to watch you play live & be able to tell my grandkids, I saw Lenny Hayes play football.

We as Saints fans were truly blessed.