HARLEY BENNELL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: HARLEY BENNELL

Everyone needs to calm down.

1) Barrett is a flog and gets fed this stuff by player managers. None of this came from the club (or so I am told)

2) Bennell is contracted to 2017 which means no 2nd rounder and steak knives type trade but our #5/6

3) Club has stated that #5/6 will only be traded for a certain player who is not Bennell

4) Put it all together it is extremely unlikely Bennell will be traded to the Saints.

@14th August 2015, thems are the facts. Things change as we are two months from trade time but this trade is unlikely.

You are garbage - Enough said
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote: 3) Club has stated that #5/6 will only be traded for a certain player who is not Bennell
Bennell
Please explain.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Everyone needs to calm down.

1) Barrett is a flog and gets fed this stuff by player managers. None of this came from the club (or so I am told)

2) Bennell is contracted to 2017 which means no 2nd rounder and steak knives type trade but our #5/6

3) Club has stated that #5/6 will only be traded for a certain player who is not Bennell

4) Put it all together it is extremely unlikely Bennell will be traded to the Saints.

@14th August 2015, thems are the facts. Things change as we are two months from trade time but this trade is unlikely.
You're dead right about Barrett being a flog. I'd put absolute in front of it. One of the many reasons why I don't watch the footy show.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote: 3) Club has stated that #5/6 will only be traded for a certain player who is not Bennell
Bennell
Please explain.
+1

Can't let this slip thru to the 'keeper....

FQF
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Bennell
Please explain.
+1

So there's only one player in the league who we would trade our first pick for? I doubt that. Bennell would be a worthy candidate.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

He would be a great pick up and would take our first round pick.
If it hadn't been for the photos in the Herald-Sun he would not have been even considered for trade and would have taken Pick 6 plus a first 18 player to even get a mild sniff from GCS.

He was caught with some coke four years ago in the off-season.
This holier than thou attitude being shown in this thread is a little deluded.
Maybe we should kick out anyone from our club that has ever had an illicit drug.
Unfortunately, that would mean getting rid of probably two-thirds of the players and half the staff and members.
I am almost in my fifties and while I have not taken anything stronger than panadeine for a number of years, in my younger days I on occasion did participate in a number of illicit substances.
Just look at the idea of young men with a lot of disposable cash and booze, drugs and women being thrown at them.
They also have a fair amount of free time on their hands.
Would anyone be really surprised if 75% of AFL players had tried an illicit substance at some stage.
I would be surprised if it is that low a percentage.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Would give up 4,5 or 6 for him! Absolute jet.

First round pick for him and second round pic for carlile and bottom 8 here we come next year :)

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Bennell
Please explain.
+1

So there's only one player in the league who we would trade our first pick for? I doubt that. Bennell would be a worthy candidate.

Sounds like

karnaby
Club Player

:)

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
stjay
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
FQF wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Bennell
Please explain.
+1

Sounds like

V good - made me think. From GWS, yum - yes please. Would be an excellent pick up if true.

FQF
SS Life Member

That's a big rumour if true. First I've heard.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:That's a big rumour if true. First I've heard.

If you want to hear rumours and general trade talk the Saints board at BF trading and draft megathread is the place :wink:

Jelly has been on the menu for over a week over there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok someone explain to the south australian the jelly ref

lol at would take a webster or a sinclair thrown in

that wont be happening

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Kelly I guess, haven't seen much of the Mcfranchise teams this season so I have no idea if he is any good.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

have no idea who he is
but cheers Armoooo

pretty much (apart from all saints games) watched two games of football all year

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:have no idea who he is
but cheers Armoooo

pretty much (apart from all saints games) watched two games of football all year
Josh Kelly, went pick 2 ahead of Billings in the '13 draft. A unanimous pick 2, so very highly rated.

Very slight still. Will be a star.

Would swap for our first pick everyday of the week.

Would give us Kelly, Billings, Acres and Dunstan all from the top 20 odd of that draft. Completely setting us up.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

In saying that, and to completely contradict myself, I'd swap our first pick for Bennell over Kelly if given the option. Harley could be really really special.

But a massive yes to either one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cheers sobraz
name sounds familiar now from the other years draft talk

some good points re HB
im slowly coming around to the idea of taking him
but i really dont want to get rid of pick 5 or 6 to do it

then again he is ready to go at 22 years of age

tough call

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Big Rumour if true. He's certainly local enough for us. Would be a good get. I like it.
Carlisle last week and Bennell this week does make me think it is all BS.
Maybe the Saints made the Bennell thing up as a smoke screen.
I dont understand why Bennell's Mgr needs to up his value if he's contracted until 2017 - they usually do that during contract time.

Either way Bennell is gun and easily worth a pick 5/6. Carlisle I think we should pass on. And the other bloke is worth a pick5/6 as well. Only knock on him is pace.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 14 Aug 2015 4:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ok a couple of points

firstly hell yes would Harley be awesome in our team, skill wise he is already a great prospect and he has got room to grow to be even better

secondly the whole drug problem really shouldn't be a problem for us - we would have to think we have a good record of turning things around for young kids remember a couple of our own boys have found themselves in a bit of trouble at an NZ training camp for mixing a few things that shouldn't be mixed to get a "buzz" yet one of them has turned out exceptional after copping a whack for that..

thirdly im not sure how much it will cost for Harley to be moved from gold coast word is both parties are wearing thin on each other so it might be a case of a win win if they part ways that said GC would want something decent for him especially as the WA clubs would both probably put in a bid for him

in summary I would love for him to be at the saints but I cant see it happening in all honesty ... although it is good to see these storys come out about us being aggressive about trading personally anything that isn't a scandal is a positive

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saynta
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
FQF wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Bennell
Please explain.
+1

Sounds like

V good - made me think. From GWS, yum - yes please. Would be an excellent pick up if true.
:D :D :D :D Rhymes with.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Stated to who and when?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Only a flog wnfc lists our colours in that order.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:ok a couple of points

firstly hell yes would Harley be awesome in our team, skill wise he is already a great prospect and he has got room to grow to be even better

secondly the whole drug problem really shouldn't be a problem for us - we would have to think we have a good record of turning things around for young kids remember a couple of our own boys have found themselves in a bit of trouble at an NZ training camp for mixing a few things that shouldn't be mixed to get a "buzz" yet one of them has turned out exceptional after copping a whack for that..

thirdly im not sure how much it will cost for Harley to be moved from gold coast word is both parties are wearing thin on each other so it might be a case of a win win if they part ways that said GC would want something decent for him especially as the WA clubs would both probably put in a bid for him

in summary I would love for him to be at the saints but I cant see it happening in all honesty ... although it is good to see these storys come out about us being aggressive about trading personally anything that isn't a scandal is a positive
Good point. I had forgotten about the NZ incident.
Does that make Jack a d**khead too? Of course it doesnt. People slagging off Harley should be very careful.
You dont get to 79 AFL games at 22 years old without being very disciplined and very mentally tough. You just dont.