Round 22 Adam Goodes

Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

A big shout-out to Neil DeGrasse Tyson for his mathematical analysis of why racism is stupid. Catch his comments on Q&A replays. Engrossing.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.

gringo wrote:I still reckon Bunk was having a bad day and has backed himself into an uncomfortable corner where he has backed the side headed up by Alan Jones, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt. Come back to the light BM it's not to late. Andrew Bolt doesn't even believe anything he says and Alan Jones is a dirty old Paedo who flashes his genitals in toilets and then crusades on social morals. Im not really sure what Panahi is but its like Janet Albrect and Sadam Hussain had a love child and let it loose on humanity.
Panahi is a lost litttle Iranian girl wanting to be accepted by the corporate big boys. She probably suffers from Stochholm Syndrome and probably just needs a bit of lovin.

Bunk might be right; we need more action and less thinking. Tell that to the out of touch, cowardly and inept political class though.

So less thinking and less words around here. Ok!

SENsei wrote:
gringo wrote:I still reckon Bunk was having a bad day and has backed himself into an uncomfortable corner where he has backed the side headed up by Alan Jones, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt. Come back to the light BM it's not to late. Andrew Bolt doesn't even believe anything he says and Alan Jones is a dirty old Paedo who flashes his genitals in toilets and then crusades on social morals. Im not really sure what Panahi is but its like Janet Albrect and Sadam Hussain had a love child and let it loose on humanity.
Panahi is a lost litttle Iranian girl wanting to be accepted by the corporate big boys. She probably suffers from Stochholm Syndrome and probably just needs a bit of lovin.

Bunk might be right; we need more action and less thinking. Tell that to the out of touch, cowardly and inept political class though.

So less thinking and less words around here. Ok!

bigcarlosis

Be careful what you wish for . . .
Lance Armstrong, cancer survivor, cancer charity founder and seven time TDF champion would have loved to have the AFL in his corner.
If you remember Lance tried very hard to weld his persona/image to the anti cancer cause: criticize me and "you are obviously a hater,
you are pro cancer, you must want this horrible disease to take more of your family and friends"! Thus effectively placing himself beyond criticism.
Fortunately in Armstrong's case thinking people were able to distinguish between "the jock and his cause" and judge Armstrong according to the totality
of his behaviors.
In Adam Goodes case the "cause" has become indistinguishable from Goodes the man/footballer to the extent that now the AFL proclaim that to critcize/boo
Goodes you must be a racist holding anti indigenous views. To the AFL the "jock and his cause" have become one!
At least Lance Armstrong would be pleased!

Glad to see the mindhive has a target to vent their spleen at in me.

Must really upset them that a leftie has dared to put a mirror up to their self serving finger pointing sanctimonious faces.

Much easier to pidgeon hole and label when it is the usual enemy in Bolt and Divine (who are both raving loonies in my book - but hey the grouthinkers have spoken and labelled me a Bolt lover :D ).

Much easier to scream RACIST at everybody. Scrath the surface of many of these zealots and you will find a racist who hasn't come to terms with the fact that we all have racist tendencies, borne out by the fact that almost every non indigeneous Australian only pays lip service to the plight of our first Australians.

This outpouring will go the way of Kony and other Slacktivist issues. You all put on a big song and dance about caring and then forget, or try to forget about the appalling conditions for aborigines in our country.

But hey I've been backed into a corner according to one of the borg mindhive.

Apparently having a complex stance on this issue is too much for some who can only comprehend simple catchcrys and arguments.

Stan grant summed, up my views perfectly. Paraphrasing. You don't have to like Goodes, or like his politics or respect him, but it is a mark of a civilised society when a person feels humiliated and bullied and asks you to stop, that you be civil and stop.

I have been saying this for a week. I don't respect or like Goodes, I don't like his antics on the football field, I don't like his divisive "war dance" and his political grandstanding.

But I wont boo Adam Goodes and have never booed Adam Goodes. I wont give shelter to people who want to boo goods on the basis of the colour of his skin, or who want to humiliate or bully Goodes.

Goodes deserves not to be bullied, and EVERYONE should respect his wishes in this matter. It is just common decency.

At the same time, I wont be bullied by the finger pointers and the rabid zelotry of the impotent slacktivists on here or on other social media who think this is some sort of parlour game.

However like others on here or other social media platforms, I am not a victim. I find it incredibly sad for many of you that all you can do is to personalise this issue and label me. You arguments are facile while at the same time being febrile and didactic.

the hypocricy is astounding. You shout down, and drown out and label and bully but believe you are on a higher moral plane. Incredibly sad for you.

So ther eyou go, let the labelling commence, that's all you hypocrites have got.

Come on Bunk. Keep your pants on. No one has accused you of being a racist from what I've read.

Tony Abott essentially said the same thing as Stan G and I agreed with both but hardly a striking revelation.

bigcarlosis wrote:Be careful what you wish for . . .
Lance Armstrong, cancer survivor, cancer charity founder and seven time TDF champion would have loved to have the AFL in his corner.
If you remember Lance tried very hard to weld his persona/image to the anti cancer cause: criticize me and "you are obviously a hater,
you are pro cancer, you must want this horrible disease to take more of your family and friends"! Thus effectively placing himself beyond criticism.
Fortunately in Armstrong's case thinking people were able to distinguish between "the jock and his cause" and judge Armstrong according to the totality
of his behaviors.
In Adam Goodes case the "cause" has become indistinguishable from Goodes the man/footballer to the extent that now the AFL proclaim that to critcize/boo
Goodes you must be a racist holding anti indigenous views. To the AFL the "jock and his cause" have become one!

No one in the AFL said those words.

sainter104

BOOOOOOOO !!!!!! the SOOK !

Can we do sexism now?

sainter104 wrote:BOOOOOOOO !!!!!! the SOOK !

You are what is known as bully and also a person who lacks compassion for other humans. What do you get out of booing a person who has requested not to?

#gosaintas

Who the hell does he think he is? he wouldn't play last weekend but he will play this weekend. Isn't it supposed to be an honour to play for your jumper? It seems he has it all arse about which is no great surprise.

The guy is a multi millionaire footballer with the IQ of a wombat. Looking forward to his retirement. Will be remembered as all that is wrong with both football in Sydney and political correctness. Just piss off you sooking, diving, sniping welfare lover.

#gosaintas wrote:Who the hell does he think he is? he wouldn't play last weekend but he will play this weekend. Isn't it supposed to be an honour to play for your jumper? It seems he has it all arse about which is no great surprise.

The guy is a multi millionaire footballer with the IQ of a wombat. Looking forward to his retirement. Will be remembered as all that is wrong with both football in Sydney and political correctness. Just piss off you sooking, diving, sniping welfare lover.

Are you serious? He was obviously effected last week. Can you give us your experiences on racism and being constantly booed every week and also maybe even copping in person when out in the public? Would be an interesting read. Im going you wouldn't have a clue what he has been through.

Welfare lover? You are pathetic. Seriously there are some disgusting people on this site and you really wonder how they can even wipe their arse without help. We certainly have seen the worst on here. I hope anyway for the sake of Australia.

Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

#gosaintas wrote:Who the hell does he think he is? he wouldn't play last weekend but he will play this weekend. Isn't it supposed to be an honour to play for your jumper? It seems he has it all arse about which is no great surprise.

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
IanRush

bigcarlosis wrote:Be careful what you wish for . . .

of his behaviors.

Your posts rock BigC.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

I wish we playing Sydney this week. Big crowd. Money!!!

I can't believe this thread is still going. Should be removed to the opposition forum too.

jamesmc

citywest wrote:If I ever have the pleasure of watching him play again, I WILL BOO THE s*** OUT OF HIM.

Well that is just great. Good for you. By the way did you care at all about Milney being booed?
Didn't see Milney take a week off and threaten to quit.

I reckon he copped more s*** on and off the field for ten years compared to the last six weeks of booing that Goodes got.

jamesmc wrote:
citywest wrote:If I ever have the pleasure of watching him play again, I WILL BOO THE s*** OUT OF HIM.

Well that is just great. Good for you. By the way did you care at all about Milney being booed?

I reckon he copped more s*** on and off the field for ten years compared to the last six weeks of booing that Goodes got.

I think the booing was no where near as bad but that isn't the point. I didn't want Milne booed and I don't want Goodes booed. Just because they booed Milney doesn't mean its ok to boo Goodes. And none of us know how Goodes is feeling so there is no point in comparing it to Milne.

LTN16

You are what is known as bully and also a person who lacks compassion for other humans. What do you get out of booing a person who has requested not to?
I agree with sainter104

LTN16 wrote:

I agree with sainter104

Exactly as expected. Its not hard to work you out.

SuperDuper

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Glad to see the mindhive has a target to vent their spleen at in me.

Must really upset them that a leftie has dared to put a mirror up to their self serving finger pointing sanctimonious faces.

Much easier to pidgeon hole and label when it is the usual enemy in Bolt and Divine (who are both raving loonies in my book - but hey the grouthinkers have spoken and labelled me a Bolt lover :D ).

Much easier to scream RACIST at everybody. Scrath the surface of many of these zealots and you will find a racist who hasn't come to terms with the fact that we all have racist tendencies, borne out by the fact that almost every non indigeneous Australian only pays lip service to the plight of our first Australians.

This outpouring will go the way of Kony and other Slacktivist issues. You all put on a big song and dance about caring and then forget, or try to forget about the appalling conditions for aborigines in our country.

Apparently having a complex stance on this issue is too much for some who can only comprehend simple catchcrys and arguments.

Stan grant summed, up my views perfectly. Paraphrasing. You don't have to like Goodes, or like his politics or respect him, but it is a mark of a civilised society when a person feels humiliated and bullied and asks you to stop, that you be civil and stop.

I have been saying this for a week. I don't respect or like Goodes, I don't like his antics on the football field, I don't like his divisive "war dance" and his political grandstanding.

But I wont boo Adam Goodes and have never booed Adam Goodes. I wont give shelter to people who want to boo goods on the basis of the colour of his skin, or who want to humiliate or bully Goodes.

Goodes deserves not to be bullied, and EVERYONE should respect his wishes in this matter. It is just common decency.

At the same time, I wont be bullied by the finger pointers and the rabid zelotry of the impotent slacktivists on here or on other social media who think this is some sort of parlour game.

However like others on here or other social media platforms, I am not a victim. I find it incredibly sad for many of you that all you can do is to personalise this issue and label me. You arguments are facile while at the same time being febrile and didactic.

the hypocricy is astounding. You shout down, and drown out and label and bully but believe you are on a higher moral plane. Incredibly sad for you.

So ther eyou go, let the labelling commence, that's all you hypocrites have got.
On the contrary Bunk, aside from the parts where you label people who disagree with you (as lefties, finger pointers, labellers, sacrimonious, hypocrits, impotent slacktivists etc.), the actual part of the post where you stop ranting and actually give your opinion on the matter, is a legitimate stand and worthy contribution.

jamesmc wrote:

That's a bit like saying the Armenians didn't complain so the Jews should get over it.

LTN16

LTN16 wrote:

I agree with sainter104

Exactly as expected. Its not hard to work you out.
Well done. And exactly as expected you replied in 1 minute as you don't have a life..
Last edited by LTN16 on Tue 04 Aug 2015 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Glad to see the mindhive has a target to vent their spleen at in me.

That's pretty funny. Anyway, my cousin is Indigenous and I'm pretty sensitive to their plight. I got to know the Ngarrindjeri from Murray Bridge who used to congregate in St Kilda and was friends with their chief Robbie Hunter who died in his 40s from pleurisy. It sounds Dickensian but supposedly isn't that uncommon in indigenous people. His cousin was Ruby Hunter the musician and she was married to Archie Roach. She died in her 50s. I might sound like a slacktivist but there is f$%# all I can do but encourage them to fight for themselves.

No activism can be run externally and the way the African Americans gouged out the tiny amount of rebalancing they have achieved was through people like Adam Goodes who made people confront issues. Plenty of Americans weren't racist but didn't want things to change. If s*** doesn't improve for them then at some point they will end up being violent. Then you can all say how uncivilised they all are.
Plenty of people you don't expect are indigenous, Johnny Patton's family are indigenous and plenty of others in the AFL have roots in indigenous culture. I think you are a self aggrandising twat on this issue who is deliberately mocking to try to get a rise like you do with opposition fans on Big footy. I'm not really concerned with being a chardonnay socialist, at least I can delude myself that I have a righteous viewpoint. You affiliate yourself with a bunch of arseholes.

#gosaintas

The righteous always have a righteous viewpoint. That's why they are righteous. They are normally wrong though.
Really cool to hear how you knew Robbie Hunter, Ruby and Archie. That's just a buzz for the forum. Who woulda thought...
Everyone's indigenous now, If you are 1% indigenous you can strut about and play the minority card. Did wonders for ATSIC...are you friends with Geoff Clarke?