Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

I still reckon Bunk was having a bad day and has backed himself into an uncomfortable corner where he has backed the side headed up by Alan Jones, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt. Come back to the light BM it's not to late. Andrew Bolt doesn't even believe anything he says and Alan Jones is a dirty old Paedo who flashes his genitals in toilets and then crusades on social morals. Im not really sure what Panahi is but its like Janet Albrect and Sadam Hussain had a love child and let it loose on humanity.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
Joffabouy wrote:And this thread is littered with straw men!
Well said, Dave... er, sorry, JB.
Try Deemle.
Who?

If you mean 'deemsie' as in the poster formally known as 'the redeemer', he's now 'the recruit' and the op of this thread.

Joffabouy is clearly Dave, and stinger is now you.

Oh and Harry is back as Harry so maybe Gordo has departed.

Viking3
Club Player

Firstly, I don't boo anyone at the footy. There may be an odd expletive directed at an infringing player or the umpires (mainly umpires!!), and I do believe that the booing of Adam Goodes, for whatever reason, has gotten out of hand.
I would like to ask one question though;
Is Adam Goodes totally and entirely blameless (and I am including his style of play, perceived favortism, racism comments and AOTY comments) in putting the boo'ers offside?

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote:Firstly, I don't boo anyone at the footy. There may be an odd expletive directed at an infringing player or the umpires (mainly umpires!!), and I do believe that the booing of Adam Goodes, for whatever reason, has gotten out of hand.
Is Adam Goodes totally and entirely blameless (and I am including his style of play, perceived favortism, racism comments and AOTY comments) in putting the boo'ers offside?

No he isn't totally blameless but that is no excuse now. As you said its completely out of hand. Its time for people to have any compassion for another human to stop.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote:Firstly, I don't boo anyone at the footy. There may be an odd expletive directed at an infringing player or the umpires (mainly umpires!!), and I do believe that the booing of Adam Goodes, for whatever reason, has gotten out of hand.

No he isn't totally blameless but that is no excuse now. As you said its completely out of hand. Its time for people to have any compassion for another human to stop.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SEN just had a guy ring in who wanted the government and AFL to step in coz Jobe is getting booed and its the exact same thing as Goodes, even how they both needed time off. Obviously Goodes keeps injecting himself with Aboriginal DNA, when will ASADA start investigating that. Bloody racist against whites. It's an outrage.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:The worst excuse is the 13 year old girl one..
The girl repeatedly called him an ape. 13 year olds are fully aware of what racism is, and are fully aware not to call aboriginals apes..

Now, I agree with Goodes, most of the responsibility lies with the parents, and the adults around her... what Goodes said in the interview was spot on... and he DID NOT PUT THE BLAME ON THE GIRL

people keep using this quote:
"Racism had a face...and it was a 13-year-old girl"
without quoting the next sentences...
“To be able to make a stand myself and say ‘racism has a face’ last night and, you know, it was a 13-year-old girl but it’s not her fault. She's 13, she's still so innocent, I don’t put any blame on her. Unfortunately it’s what she hears, the environment she’s grown up in that has made her think it’s okay to call people names. I can guarantee you right now she would have no idea, you know, how it makes anyone feel by calling them an ape … But I think the person that needs the most support is the little girl, you know. People need to get around her, she's 13, she’s uneducated.”

he also said later
"I've had fantastic support over the past 24 hours,' Goodes said.
'I just hope that people give the 13-year-old girl the same sort of support because she needs it, her family needs it, and the people around them need it.
'It's not a witch-hunt, I don't want people to go after this young girl.
'We've just got to help educate society better so it doesn't happen again.'
Well there you have it.
Anyone trying to use this incident as an excuse is seriously twisting the facts.

"But but but ummm, I booo him cos he he he dived for a free in 06!" Yeah yeah right.
Must be great to live in your simple world.

So he did not stand up on National tV and proclaim the face of racism is a 13 year old girl?

He grandstanded and uses her for political purposes.
Can you read???

you are simply quoting him out of context, without reading the totality of his comments.. which can only be confirmation bias
You mase up your mind about what he said, I guess you probably did not even do that, you let Andrew Bolt or someone like that make your mind up for you.. and ignore the facts which are almost the complete opposite in terms of message conveyed
Trivialising rape for so as to demonise EVERYONE that booed Adam Goodes.

happy you are comfortable with that.

Just another example of the lynch mob mentality headed by this idiot.

Whats next? You boo at the football you are a peodaphile?

You people are insane

So, you invent that I said something about rape, then conflated that with paedaphilia, and then conclude from these inventions that "you people are insane"
This is an amazing contribution to the debate, thanks for it

If you want to make an argument defending boo-ers of Goodes, please make an argument that makes the boo-ers look reasonable
This diatribe, I am afraid, does the opposite

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Well this is trundling along as expected..........

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I don't like Adam Goodes...there.. I said it.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

In other news, Mitch Johnson is very upset with his treatment by the Barmy Army.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
Try Deemle.
Who?

If you mean 'deemsie' as in the poster formally known as 'the redeemer', he's now 'the recruit' and the op of this thread.

Who in the hell is Dave?

You are garbage - Enough said
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ugly?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:I don't like Adam Goodes...there.. I said it.
Thats OK, some of the groupthink mindhive will want to take you to the Siberian re-education camps because they think you are obviously RACIST.

Thinking people can seperate the two and understand you aren't necessarily racist and not like the man.

I dont like him, but wont join in in the bullying of him either.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:If I ever have the pleasure of watching him play again, I WILL BOO THE s*** OUT OF HIM.
I'd like to boo you soundly for the truckloads of BS you have posted on this forum.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I don't like Adam Goodes...there.. I said it.
Thats OK, some of the groupthink mindhive will want to take you to the Siberian re-education camps because they think you are obviously RACIST.

Thinking people can seperate the two and understand you aren't necessarily racist and not like the man.

I dont like him, but wont join in in the bullying of him either.
I just did a google search on 'Andrew Bolt group think' and it brings up about one hundred results. It seems he has been using that term pretty much every week for about five years. Check for yourself:

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourcei ... rew%20bolt

How ironic that you accuse everyone else of 'groupthink' while you just mimic AB's thoughts and even steal his pet (hackneyed) phrases. Seriously who do you think are kidding here?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

More labelling -you and the other zombies prove my point.

All you do is point fingers and label. Like most of the brow beating internet warriers I bet you have NEVER done a thing to alleviate the plight of our aborigines.

No all you can do is label and finger point.

Sad

The Barometer
Club Player

Love the Goodes train. Have followed his career with interest since he was the second best player on the day in the 97 grand final kicking a bag for Ballarat rebels in the curtain raiser.

I grew up in a region with a large indigenous australian population and really like that he speaks out. He might not be the most polished voice but he is in a position to be a voice of his people and when asked the question he is having a crack at doing.

All the booers and keyboard warriors get on iview and watch tonights media watch and reassess.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Janet Albrect and Sadam Hussain had a love child and let it loose on humanity.

That is truly a classic. :D
Made me laugh anyway.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:More labelling -you and the other zombies prove my point.

All you do is point fingers and label. Like most of the brow beating internet warriers I bet you have NEVER done a thing to alleviate the plight of our aborigines.

Sad
Luckily we have original thinkers and Andrew Bolt and his followers to show us the error of our ways.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sad
What label?
I don't see anyone using a label on this page.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 04 Aug 2015 12:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
Try Deemle.
Who?

I cant keep up.
We need a spaghetti diagram.

stjay
Club Player

How is it so hard to understand the difference between individual & collective behaviour? What any one person would do (or thinks) is completely different to how the collective behaves.
Mass (Crowd) psychology is well known and anyone who's worked in markets will tell you it's real.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Are we all bigots??

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Austinnn
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Sad
What label?
I don't see anyone using a label on this page.
I've highlighted the labels for you Con.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I still reckon Bunk was having a bad day and has backed himself into an uncomfortable corner where he has backed the side headed up by Alan Jones, Rita Panahi and Andrew Bolt. Come back to the light BM it's not to late. Andrew Bolt doesn't even believe anything he says and Alan Jones is a dirty old Paedo who flashes his genitals in toilets and then crusades on social morals. Im not really sure what Panahi is but its like Janet Albrect and Sadam Hussain had a love child and let it loose on humanity.
Panahi is a lost litttle Iranian girl wanting to be accepted by the corporate big boys. She probably suffers from Stochholm Syndrome and probably just needs a bit of lovin.

Bunk might be right; we need more action and less thinking. Tell that to the out of touch, cowardly and inept political class though.

So less thinking and less words around here. Ok!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.