POLL: Should we wear our Aboriginal guernsey this week also?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Should we wear our Aboriginal guernsey to support Goodes?

Poll ended at Thu 06 Aug 2015 8:28am

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes: 99

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: POLL: Should we wear our Aboriginal guernsey this week a

saintspremiers wrote:
citywest wrote:No f****** way should we wear our Aboriginal jumper for that f****** moron. Goodes is a f****** sook. This has nothing to do with racism. I will BOO the f****** s*** out of him.
I dislike agreeing with you. Feels dirty.
So you people will still boo him even after you know it is effecting Goodes personally. I dont like Goodes or his politics, I think he puts himself before the game and is a big head, but if there is an inference that there is a racist element, it just has to stop.

Why boo like a child anyway? Are you people infantile immature children?

You are garbage - Enough said
citywest

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
citywest wrote:No f****** way should we wear our Aboriginal jumper for that f****** moron. Goodes is a f****** sook. This has nothing to do with racism. I will BOO the f****** s*** out of him.
So you people will still boo him even after you know it is effecting Goodes personally. I dont like Goodes or his politics, I think he puts himself before the game and is a big head, but if there is an inference that there is a racist element, it just has to stop.

If you don't want to boo him then that's fun Bunk. But you do not have the right to tell others what to do. I personally will boo him until the cows come home.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Never said all who boo are racist, they are bogans though and most bogans are racist, even if they don't know it!
that is one of the most ignorant comments i have seen posted on here
bernard
you are a complete tool

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

If you don't want to boo him then that's fun Bunk. But you do not have the right to tell others what to do. I personally will boo him until the cows come home.

No idea. How does it help anyone booing him now? The guy has issues because of all this but who cares because it is my right to boo. Obviously you never cared about Milney being booed?

markp
Saintsational Legend

If it's made abundantly clear to you that a particular action or word is considered racist and/or deeply offensive, but you still choose to persist with it (even though to desist would take very little or no effort from you) then you are at very best a total dick.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

GrumpyOne wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:Pretty sure I just watched an afl ad on foxtel with booing on it. Promoting the doggies essendope game.
This argument has been blown out of the water so many times it's arse hasn't got a drop of moisture left on it.

Some people are really slow.
Maybe I disregarded a few recalcitrant drips.

I urge others to do the same.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You would.

I couldn't give a fat rat's clacker about having the right to boo Adam Goodes.

The real issue for many is people don't like being told what to do. But it's a facile argument made by the dumb who prefer to live in a bubble and a sea of irrelevance.

They think that they already live in an over regulated society with too many rules so the last thing the average punter aka wage slave wants to be told after a long and hard week is how to behave at the footy.

Meanwhile, in the background, there are big changes afoot that are seeing the rights that you should really be concerned about slowly being eroded away.

Don't worry though. Your rights are intact because you can't regulate against stupidity, ignorance and hate so BOO away, it looks good on you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:I have never booed anyone in my life and do not understand at all what pleasure you'd get out of it!

This is all about the lowest common denominator. The lowest common denominator is the bogan!
It is racist bogans who are booing!
Bernie I like your stuff normally but this is apologist dribble
Let's not pander to the left wing politically correct flogs who would have you believe getting out of bed right side and not left automatically means you're a Nazi fascist
There are those who want to politicise booing footballers (which has been part of the theatre of football since day 1), sadly these people feel the need to demonstrate their righteousness and sense of "higher evolution" over the rest of us.... problem is this type of stunt damages and takes away from the true discussion which should be about the scourge racism is and how it isn't and ought not be tolerated. But no, it's not really about discussing racism, it's about band wagoners demonstrating they're "above all this" because they know how to hijack a national past time and turn it into a politically correctness exercise. Sadly the agenda is driven by a leftist media (think Q and A ABC), and the vast majority are force fed their "opinions" from Herald a Sun.
Good luck to you Teflon, this has nothing to do with left or right wing, it's all about the bogan proportion of footy supporters who are basically racist and think it's their right to say whatever they like at the footy. The same people who vilify people on public transport for just being a different colour or speaking a different language.

The only media I've seen say it's not racist is Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones, and who are their audience? None other than the bogans!
Booing isnt racist stop being alarmist, populist and any other 'ist' Bernie. You know it isnt rascism so stop pretending and generalising that all people who boo are bogans and racists - booing has happened at football for years and is part of the theatre of the game. Big deal.

IF Goodes has a 'perception' that booing is racism that needs to be corrected and put into perspective or him. IF he feels thats too much to handle then fair enough retire. But lets not start going down the path of pandering to everyones 'perceptions'' cause that has no end.

Racism is what was said to Goodes over the fence by the young girl and it was rightly condemned.
Enough political correctness gone mad!
Never said all who boo are racist, they are bogans though and most bogans are racist, even if they don't know it!
People who are racists generalise in the worst possible manner.
Pretty much what you've managed to do here but somehow.....youre approach is ok?
All booers are bogans????
There's the voice of moderation right there..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:I have never booed anyone in my life and do not understand at all what pleasure you'd get out of it!

This is all about the lowest common denominator. The lowest common denominator is the bogan!
It is racist bogans who are booing!
Bernie I like your stuff normally but this is apologist dribble
Let's not pander to the left wing politically correct flogs who would have you believe getting out of bed right side and not left automatically means you're a Nazi fascist
There are those who want to politicise booing footballers (which has been part of the theatre of football since day 1), sadly these people feel the need to demonstrate their righteousness and sense of "higher evolution" over the rest of us.... problem is this type of stunt damages and takes away from the true discussion which should be about the scourge racism is and how it isn't and ought not be tolerated. But no, it's not really about discussing racism, it's about band wagoners demonstrating they're "above all this" because they know how to hijack a national past time and turn it into a politically correctness exercise. Sadly the agenda is driven by a leftist media (think Q and A ABC), and the vast majority are force fed their "opinions" from Herald a Sun.
Good luck to you Teflon, this has nothing to do with left or right wing, it's all about the bogan proportion of footy supporters who are basically racist and think it's their right to say whatever they like at the footy. The same people who vilify people on public transport for just being a different colour or speaking a different language.

The only media I've seen say it's not racist is Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones, and who are their audience? None other than the bogans!
Booing isnt racist stop being alarmist, populist and any other 'ist' Bernie. You know it isnt rascism so stop pretending and generalising that all people who boo are bogans and racists - booing has happened at football for years and is part of the theatre of the game. Big deal.

IF Goodes has a 'perception' that booing is racism that needs to be corrected and put into perspective or him. IF he feels thats too much to handle then fair enough retire. But lets not start going down the path of pandering to everyones 'perceptions'' cause that has no end.

Racism is what was said to Goodes over the fence by the young girl and it was rightly condemned.
Enough political correctness gone mad!
People who are racists generalise in the worst possible manner.
Pretty much what you've managed to do here but somehow.....youre approach is ok?
All booers are bogans????
There's the voice of moderation right there..

“Yeah….nah””