Match Thread Saints v Demons @ MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#gosaintas
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Saints v Demons @ MCG

Fisher can have a week off. No great loss. He's probably finished this year anyway. Gilbert may be injured although he is now playing more as a wingman. Webster/Geary if either is sore. Time to rotate a few through the side as the year winds down. He's been consistently good for a while now and his form should be rewarded.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we are starting from fresh..we need picks and need to make way for our new kids...Gilbo and some others will be gone next year...lets play all the kids in place of those who will be gone..for the rest of the season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:we are starting from fresh..we need picks and need to make way for our new kids...Gilbo and some others will be gone next year...lets play all the kids in place of those who will be gone..for the rest of the season.

Luckily the club wont do that. Gilbert wont be gone. he is very important to the club.

jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Templeton needs to play 100 mins. Good win.
I would imagine he will for Sandy next week.
Yeah good chance of that. Pity, would like to see him given a go.
Eli is a hack

Blowing hard in the last as a sub. Christ only knows why, i didn't see him get a possession.
Maybe you should have watched the game.

No point in speaking to him. He doesn't even rate Roo. Save your breath.
Sounds like your in a school yard.

getting all your followers to gang up against the person you don't like.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:we are starting from fresh..we need picks and need to make way for our new kids...Gilbo and some others will be gone next year...lets play all the kids in place of those who will be gone..for the rest of the season.

Luckily the club wont do that. Gilbert wont be gone. he is very important to the club.
Luckily you have nothing to do with the club :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im happy to have a slab on that. And I reckon I will be closer to guessing what will happen next week than the silly call at the stop on this post.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert one of our best today, especially first half.
Not going anywhere unless injured.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Im happy to have a slab on that. And I reckon I will be closer to guessing what will happen next week than the silly call at the stop on this post.
aaah..a fool and his slabs...you're probably right..the club will keep him on which I think is the wrong way to go. We have nothing to lose atm..we must start pushing the kids up.
Gilbo won't be there when it matters anyway.

your slab of lemonade is safe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

aaah..a fool and his slabs...you're probably right..the club will keep him on which I think is the wrong way to go. We have nothing to lose atm..we must start pushing the kids up.

Neither will Rooy or Joey or Harvey, lockett, hayes or anyone but 20 players out of 1500 to play for the saints.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Neither will Rooy or Joey or Harvey, lockett, hayes or anyone but 20 players out of 1500 to play for the saints.
hmmmmmm should we recall them? or start getting our s*** together right now ? hey you missed quoting the slab od lemonade bit...your too quick
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 26 Jul 2015 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The only way Gilbo goes is if another club comes in with a FA bid. The coach loves him.
But you would know that coz you're an "in touch" supporter. Right?
FYI Longer got soundly beaten today.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The only way Gilbo goes is if another club comes in with a FA bid. The coach loves him.
see thats the diff between me and some others on here who dont want to see the club move on with the new kids.

Longer is improving...so we drop him ? ok.....
PS what is an intouch supporter ? are you one of those ?

longtimesaint
Club Player

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Longer held his own today and the only quarter where they got a clearance gain was the second.

One year will be our year
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Thought we struggled with the wide wings at the MCG today.

Or perhaps is was the Paul Roos crap game style.

Reckon the good teams turn toward the middle of the ground, but we seemed to be pushed wide.

I'm a Gilbert fan, he's good overhead, breaks the lines, and (importantly) runs hard to create options. I wish we had more of him. His disposal is not that bad, especially considering the pressure he is usually under.

Quite liked the games from Lonie & Sinclair (I get them mixed up). They both seem to have the ability to find an extra yard and tackle an opponent.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Longer really lifted after halftime against one of the inform ruckmen.
Gilbert won't get dropped now he is playing up the ground but Lee deserves a run.

stjay
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Longer held his own today and the only quarter where they got a clearance gain was the second.
He lost the one-on-one.
Clearance is a muddied stat which incl.sharked HO's which says more about our mids.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Thought we struggled with the wide wings at the MCG today.

Or perhaps is was the Paul Roos crap game style.

Reckon the good teams turn toward the middle of the ground, but we seemed to be pushed wide.

I'm a Gilbert fan, he's good overhead, breaks the lines, and (importantly) runs hard to create options. I wish we had more of him. His disposal is not that bad, especially considering the pressure he is usually under.

Quite liked the games from Lonie & Sinclair (I get them mixed up). They both seem to have the ability to find an extra yard and tackle an opponent.
I have been a Gilbert fan for a long time but I'm afraid that everytime he gets the ball now I put my hands over my eyes. Time to make the big sacrifices and fast track the kids. Who knows we may even get something for him.
just my thoughts...I'm not sure if I'm an 'in touch supporter"
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 26 Jul 2015 8:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

see thats the diff between me and some others on here who dont want to see the club move on with the new kids.

Yes, give him a rest, let Hickey have a run and then see where we are.
I guess that makes me out-of-touch by your determination.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes, give him a rest, let Hickey have a run and then see where we are.
I guess that makes me out-of-touch by your determination.
on the contrary.. i'm not sure what that is ? you are the one that mentioned intouch first but agree that Hickey should get a chance..

jamesmc
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Eli is a hack

Blowing hard in the last as a sub. Christ only knows why, i didn't see him get a possession.
So if as you say i didnt watch the game.
Can you tell me what he did that was so good.
They must have been 2 very special possessions he got.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Eli did nothing good. I'd just like to see him play a full game. You claim he's a hack and I reckon you will be proven wrong. But then you think Roo is a hack. You used to claim Harves was overrated. You have form. Poor form.

jamesmc
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:Eli did nothing good. I'd just like to see him play a full game. You claim he's a hack and I reckon you will be proven wrong. But then you think Roo is a hack. You used to claim Harves was overrated. You have form. Poor form.
You have form on Roo
Harvey was my hero.

jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Eli is a hack

No point in speaking to him. He doesn't even rate Roo. Save your breath.
Instead of trolling thru all my posts maybe have a quick look at your new friends thoughts on Roo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Instead of trolling thru all my posts maybe have a quick look at your new friends thoughts on Roo.

Far from my friend and if he doesn't rate him he is as bad as you. Both don't understand the game. And I didn't troll through them at all. I just remember what you said because it was completely silly. Unfortunately cant remember the other guy.

Freebird
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Schneider should be subbed off at halftime and never play again. There's just no point in gifting him any more games. End the experiment of reinventing him as a midfielder.
I reckon we could get rid of some supporters as well...membership is down but would rather a better quality of supporter to fill the gap.

I don't see the point in playing schneider either....he's performing why below his best and if he's there to guide our youngsters how to play small forward, what is he doing playing mostly midfield which is a position he has not been a regular. He was presumably dropped through poor form, did not play and then come straight back in.