Disgraceful Effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disgraceful Effort

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Catchup footy means nothing to me.. Got a big problem in the midfield and probably need to recruit more class.

I'm pretty sure they know that. Just need to get our later picks right. One top pick will mean we are near the bottom for years.
Steven, Montagna and Armitage are among the best 6 midfielders in the game based on average AFL fantasy points
Jack Steven No 1
Leigh Montagna = No 4
David Armitage No 6

Maybe the problem is that there is a big gap in the quality of the backup midfielders, clubs ideally having about 8 who go through the midfield each match.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

ozrulestrace wrote:
Middo wrote:All round horrible performance.

Are you the Richmond supporter who stormed out of Aisle 39 screaming out "S***house effort Richmond, S***hpuse effort"

Jeez, i hate to have seen if they lost. It's true that Richmind supporter do eat there young.
Nuh, I reckon he might be the genius sitting another couple of bays around. Right behind me, a genius who all but declared a jihad on Sam Gilbert during the frst quarter (when he had 11 possessions) plus anybody else who may not have handled the ball with the finesse and polish of Ian Stewart. This example of Sidchrome's finest and his equally dippy family bailed at 3/4 time. When not abusing StKilda players (alas, he SUPPORTS us) and the obligatory umpires he was playing with his phone. Probably bagging the Saints on a forum somewhere.

Seriously, though, tonight we were a bottom six team playing a top six team. Our last quarter showed we are not far off being in the middle six clubs buts we are still a way off being top six.

Unlike Middo, I left the match with some positive thoughts.

Saint supporter since '62
Middo
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Middo wrote:To me it was the basic mistakes that was so frustrating and for people to be happy with the late goals shows how some people are happy with what was dished up.
Mav Weller take a bow as I think you were our only 4 quarter player.
How do you know if I was happy or not? All I said was it was a disgraceful thread especially when the game wasn't even over :roll:

I was at the game (were you?) and I was terribly disappointed with the first three quarters. Comprehensively outplayed in the midfield.

i was happy with the run and spread and effort in qtr four 6 goals to zero says we played very well.
Richmond put the cue in the rack a bit, however we totally outplayed them.

Mccartin did some very nice things, Goddard had a good debut, Eli played well, and Siclair made a difference when he came on.

But you concentrate on the negatives if thats how you live your life. Dont let us stop your misery.
Bigmart please read slowly to take it all in champ , we were horrible with our decision making and disposal in the first 3 quarters and even in the last we made simple errors and mainly from experienced players.
If you think Eli played well then that really sums up your knowledge of the game as in my opinion he was ordinary and should have kicked at least one of his shots on goal.
Was not at the game but not sure what that has to do with anything watched the game on the box , were you at the Gabba or Metricon ..? :roll: :roll: :roll:
We were poor for 3 quarters and had a dip when it was all over as I think Tigers switched off.
I like to look at all the game in regards to both negatives and positives not just a one eyed view. :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
Middo wrote:All round horrible performance.

Are you the Richmond supporter who stormed out of Aisle 39 screaming out "S***house effort Richmond, S***hpuse effort"

Jeez, i hate to have seen if they lost. It's true that Richmind supporter do eat there young.
Nuh, I reckon he might be the genius sitting another couple of bays around. Right behind me, a genius who all but declared a jihad on Sam Gilbert during the frst quarter (when he had 11 possessions) plus anybody else who may not have handled the ball with the finesse and polish of Ian Stewart. This example of Sidchrome's finest and his equally dippy family bailed at 3/4 time. When not abusing StKilda players (alas, he SUPPORTS us) and the obligatory umpires he was playing with his phone. Probably bagging the Saints on a forum somewhere.

Seriously, though, tonight we were a bottom six team playing a top six team. Our last quarter showed we are not far off being in the middle six clubs buts we are still a way off being top six.

Unlike Middo, I left the match with some positive thoughts.
Not a great deal of positives Trev in my opinion apart from a ripper 4 quarter performance from Mav.
Goddard & Paddy both competed hard but we turned over the ball way to many times and yes Gilbert was woeful in the first quarter with his disposal regardless of possessions as no good getting it then giving it straight back by foot or by hand.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Middo wrote:To me it was the basic mistakes that was so frustrating and for people to be happy with the late goals shows how some people are happy with what was dished up.
How do you know if I was happy or not? All I said was it was a disgraceful thread especially when the game wasn't even over :roll:

I was at the game (were you?) and I was terribly disappointed with the first three quarters. Comprehensively outplayed in the midfield.

i was happy with the run and spread and effort in qtr four 6 goals to zero says we played very well.

Mccartin did some very nice things, Goddard had a good debut, Eli played well, and Siclair made a difference when he came on.

But you concentrate on the negatives if thats how you live your life. Dont let us stop your misery.
Bigmart please read slowly to take it all in champ , we were horrible with our decision making and disposal in the first 3 quarters and even in the last we made simple errors and mainly from experienced players.
If you think Eli played well then that really sums up your knowledge of the game as in my opinion he was ordinary and should have kicked at least one of his shots on goal.
Was not at the game but not sure what that has to do with anything watched the game on the box , were you at the Gabba or Metricon ..? :roll: :roll: :roll:
We were poor for 3 quarters and had a dip when it was all over as I think Tigers switched off.
I like to look at all the game in regards to both negatives and positives not just a one eyed view. :wink:
Who are you calling BigMart?

And I dont need to read anything slowly from someone who wasn't even there. You make idiot threads then get upset when people respond.

And why would I be at Metricon or the Gabba when the game was played in Melbourne?

As for Eli, because you watch football from TV, you are clueless what Templeton was doing out of the sight of your little TV screen.

But then again you are probably the type of supporter that ball watches and has no idea of the modern game.

How would you know if the Tigers switched off? Could you see the whole field and the running and leads our players were making.
Heres a hint CHAMP. Get to a game occasionally before opening your ignorant mouth.

Miserable TV watching no nothing who makes idiot threads then has a cry. I hate these armchair supporters who think they can see a game from TV and tell people who actually go to the games what is happening :roll:

Arrogant and ignorant.

You are garbage - Enough said
Numpty

More cabinet infighting! :roll:

Maybe some of the honourable members could do well to take a good hard look in the mirror?

Always works for me.

- TA.

Middo
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Middo wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Who are you calling BigMart?

And I dont need to read anything slowly from someone who wasn't even there. You make idiot threads then get upset when people respond.

And why would I be at Metricon or the Gabba when the game was played in Melbourne?

As for Eli, because you watch football from TV, you are clueless what Templeton was doing out of the sight of your little TV screen.

But then again you are probably the type of supporter that ball watches and has no idea of the modern game.

How would you know if the Tigers switched off? Could you see the whole field and the running and leads our players were making.
Heres a hint CHAMP. Get to a game occasionally before opening your ignorant mouth.

Miserable TV watching no nothing who makes idiot threads then has a cry. I hate these armchair supporters who think they can see a game from TV and tell people who actually go to the games what is happening :roll:

Arrogant and ignorant.
Ha Ha talk about having a sook Bigmart you really are pretty slow when you yourself said Tigers put the cue in the rack you flog.
Seen plenty of games live Champ and that today was ordinary and maybe take a look at the Eli thread on here to see other opinions on how he played instead of having your head up your arse and thinking you know it all.
Nothing worse than a flog who thinks he's got it all worked out , you're wasted sitting on the upper level with your binoculars & pie champ you should be in the coaches box you know it all.
Some people are really one eyed and simple.
Arrogant & Ignorant pot kettle champ. :roll: :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Big Mart reference does not make any sense as he was mostly negative about the club and Bunk is being positive.

No one would have been happy with the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the title of this thread sums up what I think of this thread.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Richo has a problem with general team disposal of the ball- it's killing us, and I don't mind if under pressure there is the odd wayward handball or kick, but just handballing or kicking directly to the opposition with little pressure on is becoming a bit too obvious. In my playing days of many years gone by, if I was kicking or handballing straight to opponents resulting in goals to them, out of the team I went, and the message usually got through.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Richo has a problem with general team disposal of the ball- it's killing us, and I don't mind if under pressure there is the odd wayward handball or kick, but just handballing or kicking directly to the opposition with little pressure on is becoming a bit too obvious. In my playing days of many years gone by, if I was kicking or handballing straight to opponents resulting in goals to them, out of the team I went, and the message usually got through.

Unfortunately they are the players drafted over the years. AR or no coach can fix that so suggesting it is his fault or problem is just another way for you to pot him. Its also the wrong way.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:The Big Mart reference does not make any sense as he was mostly negative about the club and Bunk is being positive.

No one would have been happy with the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the title of this thread sums up what I think of this thread.

Obvious that Middo is a bit confused, but what do you expect from a guy who only gets his in depth analysis from his little TV screen :D

As for the BigMart reference, he is just embarrassing himself, a bit like he did with his "look at me" thread.

He could easily have put it in the gameday thread, but no, the TV watcher of football had to be noticed.

Sad really.

As for the game, nobody could be happy with the 2nd and 3rd qtrs, really poor football, terrible turnovers and really slack pressure. Deserved to be nine goals down.

I took a little away from the game with the last quarter. Still the scoreline flattered the Saints in the end.

Unlike this thread that does not flatter the OP in any way shape or form.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think the title of this thread should be changed. I think it's alarmist, emotional and out of context.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote: Obvious that Middo is a bit confused, but what do you expect from a guy who only gets his in depth analysis from his little TV screen :D
What if he has a massive 60" HD tv Bunk! :wink:

Saintsational Legend

I thought that when young Sinclair eventually came on, he did not do that much, but did his kicking and passing show up the older players! We cant afford to have hm as the sub. He needs to play entire games.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote: Obvious that Middo is a bit confused, but what do you expect from a guy who only gets his in depth analysis from his little TV screen :D
Please call me BigMart, all the best people do :D

His massive HD 60" would make all the difference to see how the defence and zones are set up, and how the players led and angled their runs to create space, and how the mids FINALLY started to get on top in the midfield, and the difference Sinclair made as a extra mid/half forward compared to an ineffectual small fwd in Lonie.

All that can be seen and the judgement made - oh Richmond stopped playing, from a TV screen.

Hilarious

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I thought that when young Sinclair eventually came on, he did not do that much, but did his kicking and passing show up the older players! We cant afford to have hm as the sub. He needs to play entire games.

Who should be the sub Barry?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the team as picked, it was obvious that Sinclair was going to be the sub and I said so before the game.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I thought that when young Sinclair eventually came on, he did not do that much, but did his kicking and passing show up the older players! We cant afford to have hm as the sub. He needs to play entire games.
It's obviously subjective but I thought his attack on the ball was exemplary and really turned the way we played around. We started making them earn every possession and he was one of the prime drivers getting little hands on the ball and doing 1 percenters. He just keeps on getting better and better.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

That was probably our worst game of the year. And for a worst game, that was pretty good. We have been remarkably (given the age of our list) consistent this year.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Should have subbed Eli

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im hoping lonie was subbed just for the sake of it
ive seen no injury news

Middo
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Please call me BigMart, all the best people do :D

His massive HD 60" would make all the difference to see how the defence and zones are set up, and how the players led and angled their runs to create space, and how the mids FINALLY started to get on top in the midfield, and the difference Sinclair made as a extra mid/half forward compared to an ineffectual small fwd in Lonie.

All that can be seen and the judgement made - oh Richmond stopped playing, from a TV screen.

Hilarious
Ha Ha Tissues you said Richmond put the cue in the rack did you not ..?
You must have missed Eli's game as you were busy watching the running patterns and the zoning around the ground and the angled runs creating space which would have been from Tigers racking the cue as you put it. give me a spell !!
Obviously played a few games yourself... :roll: :roll: