Cotchin's 'Cheapy' !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Cotchin's 'Cheapy' !!

Will he be looked at? Our players certainly didn't like what he did. Intentional? High Contact? Low Impact? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cotchin's 'Cheapy' !!

Why was there no 50?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Deserves a week off and so does the umpire who saw it happen straight in front of him - should have reported Cotchin on the spot. Fifty metre penalties seem to have been put away for the year!

Saint supporter since '62
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Not reportable in my opinion but a definite 50. Umpires seem to have gone soft on this. Lots of little shoves in the back given after marks were taken. But the Cotchin one was blatant.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was ropeable seeing no fifty for that piece of work. Richmond are certainly playing "Hardwick footy" that's for sure. Some of their supporters make Collingwood look almost civilised in comparison!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

It was good the umpire rewarded Cotchin for his dog act by gifting Richmond the free from the center. Just another appalling display from these bias clowns.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:It was good the umpire rewarded Cotchin for his dog act by gifting Richmond the free from the center. Just another appalling display from these bias clowns.

John Farnham.

Anyway it was 50 every day of the week. It isn't reportable every day of the week.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:It was good the umpire rewarded Cotchin for his dog act by gifting Richmond the free from the center. Just another appalling display from these bias clowns.

John Farnham.

Anyway it was 50 every day of the week. It isn't reportable every day of the week.
Yet wasnt paid and then gave them the center clearance.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

John Farnham.

Yes the 50 may have stopped the fight but the free was certainly there. I can see it now. The umpire said in his head if I don't pay the 50 Weller will do something stupid and then I can pay a free to start the next passage of play.

John Farnham.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

John Farnham.

Yes the 50 may have stopped the fight but the free was certainly there. I can see it now. The umpire said in his head if I don't pay the 50 Weller will do something stupid and then I can pay a free to start the next passage of play.

John Farnham.
So he ignored a clear head high free yet decided to pay a free a few blokes bumping each other. Makes sense. :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
So he ignored a clear head high free yet decided to pay a free a few blokes bumping each other. Makes sense. :shock:
Curly you really don't watch the game do you. The free was for throwing Cotchin to the ground. Your bias makes you look completely silly and just shows your lack of knowledge of the rules.

John Farnham.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Curly you really don't watch the game do you. The free was for throwing Cotchin to the ground. Your bias makes you look completely silly and just shows your lack of knowledge of the rules.

John Farnham.
Answer the question why was Cotchins high hit ignored which is free yet they paid the next. Seems odd to all other than you.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Yep cotchins back is more important than mavs head.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Answer the question why was Cotchins high hit ignored which is free yet they paid the next. Seems odd to all other than you.

How can I answer that. Speak to the umpire.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

So predictable. It was a mistake just like the free they got in the goal square.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

So predictable. It was a mistake just like the free they got in the goal square.

I said it was a mistake. Unlike you I can watch a game through 2 eyes. It wasn't like the free in the goal square.

And what do you mean so predictable. Tell me how I could possibly answer your silly question. It is impossible to answer unless you think umpire's cheat which in turn means the AFL cheat. I don't. If you want to then go for it. Just makes you look silly to those who use common sense. And seems odd to all bar me. Can you tell me how you came to that emotive conclusion? Do you want one wrong decision to mean another wrong decision? How stupid would any game become if that was the rules.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Will he be looked at? Our players certainly didn't like what he did. Intentional? High Contact? Low Impact? !!
Na

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

John Farnham.
Nothing in that. Shouldn't have been a free. Umpires always over react to that stuff

Posting 20 years of holey crap!