Disgraceful umpiring - club needs to act

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disgraceful umpiring - club needs to act

plugger66 wrote:Class.
Well, I' m just trying to come up with some plausible explanations, unlike you who just buries his head by his bottom whilst maintaining complete denial.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:roo

Games 291
FF 374 - 1.29 per game
FA 142 - 0.49 per game
FA/FF = 0.38 (this ratio is 7.6 times better than plugger's career...)

So Roo has 5 this year so whats the go. If career averages are to be taken into account he should have 13 still two below Cloke.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Class.
Well, I' m just trying to come up with some plausible explanations, unlike you who just buries his head by his bottom whilst maintaining complete denial.

More class.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Games 291
FF 374 - 1.29 per game
FA 142 - 0.49 per game

So Roo has 5 this year so whats the go. If career averages are to be taken into account he should have 13 still two below Cloke.

You do understand averages Curly? If that's the best you could come up with then its time to let it go.

Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Games 291
FF 374 - 1.29 per game
FA 142 - 0.49 per game

You do understand averages Curly? If that's the best you could come up with then its time to let it go.

roo has only given away 3 frees this year. so 5-3. less one on one contests?

he's also down on contested possessions, 4.7 per game vs 6.1 career average (12.8 uncontested vs 10.3 career average).

jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Where are the stats to back up your argument. Without the actual figures, your statement is meaningless.

Look it up or call me a liar. Either way I couldn't give stuff what you think. By the way where are the stats to back up Gringo? You really are just wasting my time. An many others.
Well, you have wasted my time on occasions so it's nice to hear I'm evening the score a bit. I'm not looking up anything, I much prefer to believe you are telling porkies.

AND, for the record. that's "and many others". Did you even attend school?

No I didn't go to school. I am an invalid and couldn't attend.
Why does Stephen Hawking pop into my mind??? :wink: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You do realise how smart he is or you having a go at him because he cant speak or move?

jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:You do realise how smart he is or you having a go at him because he cant speak or move?
You choose.
Others can make up they're own mind.
I know which one i'm thinking is closer to the mark. :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You do realise how smart he is or you having a go at him because he cant speak or move?
You choose.
Others can make up they're own mind.
I know which one i'm thinking is closer to the mark. :lol: :lol:

I don't get at all. All I see is someone having a go at a person with a disability and just posting more crap. What is you take on Rooy. Still think he is no good. Probably say where your brain is at.

jamesmc
Club Player

Love to have a few years up my sleeve to wade through all your posts.

yes you have done your research [ wish i had a year or two to analyse your posts ] i have been critical of Roo in the past. Doesn't make my opinion wrong.

I am not blinkered enough to think that all our star players are beyond criticism.

This is a forum, where we can discuss all topics [ until you come along and make it about you ]

I am not alone in having a love/hate relationship with Roo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:Love to have a few years up my sleeve to wade through all your posts.

yes you have done your research [ wish i had a year or two to analyse your posts ] i have been critical of Roo in the past. Doesn't make my opinion wrong.

I am not blinkered enough to think that all our star players are beyond criticism.

This is a forum, where we can discuss all topics [ until you come along and make it about you ]

I am not alone in having a love/hate relationship with Roo.

Ok.

resaintlee
Club Player

Were people questioning the possibility that Essendon's improved perfomance may have been due to the majority of players having 100 injections of performance enhancements before the AFL forced them to bring it to light?
Do we now look at a handful of teams and wonder at the physical size/bulk of a disproportionate number of their players?
Are people questioning the possibility of gaming groups from o/s influencing margins and results of AFL games? What is the best way this might this be done?

Just because something seems absurd doesn't mean it is not possible.

On another tack, if Scneids retired and became the runner he could still point and coach onfield without allowing people to become upset about turnovers and free kicks

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote:On another tack, if Scneids retired and became the runner he could still point and coach onfield without allowing people to become upset about turnovers and free kicks
Nah...He'd just get in the way of the play and get frees paid against him for that!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Last night I watched the replay of last Sunday's match. There were 8 times in the first quarter where the commentators remarked that a saints player was unlucky not to receive a free, one such occasion in the 2nd and 3 each in the 3rd and 4th quarters. in addition I saw 4 other clear frees that weren't paid to the Saints. The umpires also missed 4 frees to the Giants, paid two very soft ones and awarded two marks to Cameron that clearly were not marks, one of which resulted in a goal.

Now that can't all be due to incompetence, can it?

Oh, Schneids actually received a free too. The umpire must have been unsighted as to who the player was. :mrgreen:

jamesmc
Club Player

Seriously why is everyone having a female meltdown over the treatment of Adam Goodes. People have the right to go to the football and boo who ever they like. All the bleeding hearts on this site are a joke. I can understand it in the media because it is a race to show how offended they are etc etc, how " im not a racist etc etc". Incredible to hear them falling over themselves to let everyone know " I'm not a racist ". For Christ sake man up and admit Goodes is a flog and deserves the s*** he gets. Who cares if he retires early. Hope he does so they will be easier for us to beat in the last round.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:Seriously why is everyone having a female meltdown over the treatment of Adam Goodes. People have the right to go to the football and boo who ever they like. All the bleeding hearts on this site are a joke. I can understand it in the media because it is a race to show how offended they are etc etc, how " im not a racist etc etc". Incredible to hear them falling over themselves to let everyone know " I'm not a racist ". For Christ sake man up and admit Goodes is a flog and deserves the s*** he gets. Who cares if he retires early. Hope he does so they will be easier for us to beat in the last round.

Wrong thread and another one.

jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
jamesmc wrote:Seriously why is everyone having a female meltdown over the treatment of Adam Goodes. People have the right to go to the football and boo who ever they like. All the bleeding hearts on this site are a joke. I can understand it in the media because it is a race to show how offended they are etc etc, how " im not a racist etc etc". Incredible to hear them falling over themselves to let everyone know " I'm not a racist ". For Christ sake man up and admit Goodes is a flog and deserves the s*** he gets. Who cares if he retires early. Hope he does so they will be easier for us to beat in the last round.

Wrong thread and another one.
thought it was worthy of running over a couple of threads. Seems to have worked.