Game against WB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Game against WB

Talk about the match!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:May seem like a stupid question on a Saints forum
depends, but yeah it prob is
plugger66 wrote:but some on here have shown they don't care if the Saints win or lose games this year
yes thats true, i dont see a prob with that tho..each to their own
plugger66 wrote:but does anyone actually want to lose this week against the WB to get some imaginary pick.
well you just told us that some people actually ddont care if we win or lose games this year so that would make the answer (that you already know) yes
plugger66 wrote:If yes is it because of a pick or do you really have no interest in the Saints for the next year or two.
this was discussed in the Im Torn thread that you had plenty to say in so you also already know the answer to this question, it is about picks
plugger66 wrote:I want to win this week. If we lose we may benefit with a better pick in 6 months time. We also may not.
well obviously we might or might not get a good pick in six months time, again this was discussed repeatedly in the Im Torn thread that you trolled youre way thru
so do we really need another thread discussing how your opinion is superior to those that would rather drop games and get a pick
when its been proven thru draft history that win or lose prob means nothing when it comes to draft order because all teams are looking for diff player types and some players in top 10 fail and some in the top 40 dont
That is a tremendous post that elegantly points out the lies, the thinly veiled swipes at many and the sheer stupidity of one who ask then doesn't realise it but answers their own questions!

You sir have truly unearthed the myth that is Pluggs MO - all show no thought
Well played.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:but some on here have shown they don't care if the Saints win or lose games this year
plugger66 wrote:but does anyone actually want to lose this week against the WB to get some imaginary pick.
well you just told us that some people actually ddont care if we win or lose games this year so that would make the answer (that you already know) yes
plugger66 wrote:If yes is it because of a pick or do you really have no interest in the Saints for the next year or two.
this was discussed in the Im Torn thread that you had plenty to say in so you also already know the answer to this question, it is about picks
plugger66 wrote:I want to win this week. If we lose we may benefit with a better pick in 6 months time. We also may not.
well obviously we might or might not get a good pick in six months time, again this was discussed repeatedly in the Im Torn thread that you trolled youre way thru
so do we really need another thread discussing how your opinion is superior to those that would rather drop games and get a pick
when its been proven thru draft history that win or lose prob means nothing when it comes to draft order because all teams are looking for diff player types and some players in top 10 fail and some in the top 40 dont

I trolled in Im torn because I want to win. What a f****** joke you are. The people who want to lose are the trolls. Now have a nice day and work on the IQ. They do have train your brains on the internet.
ouch..bet you wasn't expecting that Mat.... :P

Hey Firey got a simple question for you today. Simple should help you. Do you want to beat the WB this week? Its yes or no.
Now now Pluggs
YOU admitted trolling a thread yet your getting all hot under the collar?
What's the matter..... voice of reason gotten to you??
Hang in there petal.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Why the derogatory"simple should help you" comment. Do you enjoy being the resident arsehole?
I think he can handle it. I think he has given it to me. I would love to give it to you. Are you up for it? Sad poster.

I have a question for you. Why are you not as smart as others?
OMG Pluggs have you lost the plot??
I'm serious - are you ok big fella cause u ain't your rational self...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Now now Pluggs
YOU admitted trolling a thread yet your getting all hot under the collar?
What's the matter..... voice of reason gotten to you??
Hang in there petal.

When did I admit it Teffers. Your lies are becoming boring. Do you want to beat the WB this week Teffers? Its another yes or no answer but as the riddler and the Lion I don't expect a yes or no answer.

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: !!!!!STOP!!!!!

saynta wrote: I have a vivid memory of you attacking me for stating that i had been told, and I had, that this year was mainly about ladder position.

So now you are a man of peace. Don't make me laugh. Oh, and for the record, I want to win as many games as possible.
Vivid, eh? Remember it word for word type vivid? Let's hear it. Can you reproduce your exact words before my devastating 'attack'? What did I say, probably something like "for such a serious accusation (ie: someone involved in the club actively looking to finish as low as possible, ie tanking) you need to prove it to be believable"? Did you ever prove it?

For the record, I still think that your claim is not credible and I'd like to know which expert from inside the club would be stupid enough to confide in you that this year the club was tanking. No matter who you are in real life, no one of any consquence from the club (outside the list management department) would have told you that as anything other than their personal opinion. You are deluded to think otherwise. Again, if you claim that there is an in-club policy of tanking, you should prove it or keep quiet, as it is a bold accusation.

Listen Saynta, I acknowledge that I've attacked you in the past, and am questioning you now as well. This is not about that. No one is ever going to stop anonymous people on a forum from attacking each other.

This is about the To Tank or Not To Tank argument that is popping up on lots of new threads. I repeat: it's everywhere, it's stunting all other conversation, from both sides. I'm part of it, I never claimed to be Gandhi. Someone has got to say "enough" and I'm just trying to get us all to take a step back. We are allowed to be more than one-dimensional, aren't we?

So can we draw a line under this argument and move on to other arguments, everyone?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:

I trolled in Im torn because I want to win. What a f****** joke you are. The people who want to lose are the trolls. Now have a nice day and work on the IQ. They do have train your brains on the internet.
I think this is what he's talking about, Plugger. Personally, I think he's misinterpreted it but it's open to misinterpretation. But that's it, probably. Plugger, Teflon, Firey, WS, OldMate, Kos, everyone else involved: can't we please move on? We're all wrong and we're all right?

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:

I think this is what he's talking about, Plugger. Personally, I think he's misinterpreted it but it's open to misinterpretation. But that's it, probably. Plugger, Teflon, Firey, WS, OldMate, Kos, everyone else involved: can't we please move on? We're all wrong and we're all right?

Yes you are right. Teffers doesn't understand sarcasm. Austinn Im glad you want to move on but I will never accept a person who doesn't want to win the next game we play no matter what the position. Those people should just fast forward their life until we get the amount of picks they think we need to become a force again. Why come on here if you have no passion for the next game we play.

Austinnn
Club Player

I agree with you, as you may have gathered.

The world is full of people who do things I disagree with. I admire your stamina, but you won't change his mind, he understands your position and neither 'side' will affect the club, unless we start getting loads of fans turning up and cheering for the opposition, or less fans turning up to games.

ahem

well anyway, it's past its use by date, that's all. We've gone about as far as we can with it, now it's just bickering. Plenty of new things to bicker about.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

When it comes down to the nitty gritty of a game, there is no way a genuine Saints supporter could watch and want us to lose.

Pick 4 or pick 10, personally I'd love us to have pick 18.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:

Looks like matrix touched on a nerve. I like it when you act tough. Image

Tough? Talk about taking this stuff to seriously.
She's quick to get her knickers in a knot is old pluggs ...ha ha arsewipe..!! :lol: :lol:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Personally I think a thread should be started to debate the pros and cons of higher picks or more wins.

Who is with me?

Everyone knows my views on this issue, however to label fellow Saints fans liars and of low intelligence is really weird.

There is nothing I enjoy more than a Saints win. The excitement of the Bulldog and Melbourne win this years is the most excited I have been about our club in years. I have hope for the future, a hope that would have been far less if we had have had those wins.

Conversely losses, while disappointing, is hardly as disappointing as in years where we are not competing for a flag.

If as expected we have a poor second half, we will get a top five pick, one of Parish, Balic, Mathesion or Tucker, who will all be top line players.

Coupled with maybe a canny Bruce like trade or two and with the FA being lowered to six years, we may attack FA BIG time in 2016 or 2017.

So there you go. I want to win every game but realistically we will win very few and end up with a high pick, which will suit me fine.

You are garbage - Enough said
saint-stu
Club Player

... anyway ...

Anyone else feel there is a rivalry building between the Dogs and the Saints? Who has the best young list? :)

I really want to beat the dogs more than any other team as I want our young list to be better!

1ac46a38
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:

Ahhh....I see.....so when we say something (cause we are bitter and twisted and looking silly as we snap at all other posters)......we hide behind 'im being sarcastic....'

righto.... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
St.Roly
Club Player

I am moved to respond - largely by the fact that I am in "the West" on a work trip with nothing better to do and moving on to my 2nd pint...

Not for the first time I am in the good Dr Spaceman's camp. Basically I want to win but the pain of defeat is mitigated at this stage of the cycle.

I have, however, been given an added "winning is great" perspective courtesy of my 8 y.o. son. When Joey kicked the winning goal against Melbourne he was standing with the rest of us at Etihad emitting a high pitched squeal that warmed my jaded heart. Any and every win means so much to the next generation of supporters.

Go you mighty saints.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:

Yes you are right. Teffers doesn't understand sarcasm. Austinn Im glad you want to move on but I will never accept a person who doesn't want to win the next game we play no matter what the position. Those people should just fast forward their life until we get the amount of picks they think we need to become a force again. Why come on here if you have no passion for the next game we play.
I think that needs to read...'why come on here if you don't have the same expectations as Pluggs...'
This is a forum you utter... To suggest we cant/don't have a myriad of views and differing approaches for what makes our club great is perhaps your crowning glory in a litany of ill advised, poorly thought out nonsense. To then suggest 'you wont accept' those with differing views to you is what so often goes wrong in society....its sad in a way but down right scary to think someone comes on a football slugfest fan forum refusing to accept others views - NEWSFLASH this is a footy fan forum people can have their views and post what they like (within reason)
Have you ever for 1 second stopped to ponder why youre attacked by so many here? - read over this thread and just try and think.....just maybe its you? just maybe your approach is the one that ought not be accepted?.....alternatively, there all wrong? (I suspect that's where you'll go) or you'll call them cowards (cause that's relevant over the internet...).....End of the day Pluggs....you need this forum. You need these posters, your post count attests to that....why? .....who knows I suspect its not a pretty story but regardless, knowing you need them perhaps YOU ought to self assess your approach here?

BTW Don't hide behind 'I was being sarcastic'.....own it Pluggs....you admitted trolling got caught out and don't like it.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St.Roly wrote:I am moved to respond - largely by the fact that I am in "the West" on a work trip with nothing better to do and moving on to my 2nd pint...

Not for the first time I am in the good Dr Spaceman's camp. Basically I want to win but the pain of defeat is mitigated at this stage of the cycle.

I have, however, been given an added "winning is great" perspective courtesy of my 8 y.o. son. When Joey kicked the winning goal against Melbourne he was standing with the rest of us at Etihad emitting a high pitched squeal that warmed my jaded heart. Any and every win means so much to the next generation of supporters.

Go you mighty saints.
Fair enough Roly and right you are to that.
I want to be with my son having a beer at the end of a GF after we've seen the cup handed to the Captain of the PREMIERS......the St Kilda FC ....
I want to then hit Fed Square, Moorabbin, anywhere where the post GF bash is at
I then want to hit home for a few days.....rolling celebration.....
AND 6 months later (after star players have defected for more cash elsewhere......as salary caps are designed to ensure..) I want to pull out my DVD Premiership win, revel in the match like I don't know the final score all over again..... and say...'thank truck I got that before Im dead'

“Yeah….nah””
saintjake
Club Player

picks

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Winning right now is so much more important.. We will be getting another great pick this year and the late picks are the ones to really get a list going.. How good as this year been for the club. Although we may lose quite a few more and always good blow away, I have been so happy and positive about the games.. It can only build the players together and from what we all here, the players are just as enthusiastic about the future..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Austinnn
Club Player

Teflon wrote:I think that needs to read...'why come on here if you don't have the same expectations as Pluggs...'
This is a forum you utter... To suggest we cant/don't have a myriad of views and differing approaches for what makes our club great is perhaps your crowning glory in a litany of ill advised, poorly thought out nonsense. To then suggest 'you wont accept' those with differing views to you is what so often goes wrong in society....its sad in a way but down right scary to think someone comes on a football slugfest fan forum refusing to accept others views - NEWSFLASH this is a footy fan forum people can have their views and post what they like (within reason)
Have you ever for 1 second stopped to ponder why youre attacked by so many here? - read over this thread and just try and think.....just maybe its you? just maybe your approach is the one that ought not be accepted?.....alternatively, there all wrong? (I suspect that's where you'll go) or you'll call them cowards (cause that's relevant over the internet...).....End of the day Pluggs....you need this forum. You need these posters, your post count attests to that....why? .....who knows I suspect its not a pretty story but regardless, knowing you need them perhaps YOU ought to self assess your approach here?

BTW Don't hide behind 'I was being sarcastic'.....own it Pluggs....you admitted trolling got caught out and don't like it.
My god you are sad, Teflon.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

Wins.

If you can't beat em, join em.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Apart from Billings we have a strong side in this week. I'd like to think the team have been working on ways of moving the ball inside 50 during the break, our poor use bringing the ball forward almost cost the match against the dees. If we get that right infront of a very parochial st kilda crowd against Footscray we should get home. Saints by 17-25.
Bulldogs members get reciprocal rights at this game.
On The Footy Show last night everbody except Armo picked the Bullidogs to beat us. Then Lyon said we have won 9 out of the past 11 matches. I think we definitely have the edge in experience so should win. Won't name a margin.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Thu 25 Jun 2015 7:04am, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:... anyway ...

Anyone else feel there is a rivalry building between the Dogs and the Saints? Who has the best young list? :)

I really want to beat the dogs more than any other team as I want our young list to be better!

Yep, definitely not a high profile one, but an interesting rivalry all the same - kinda like the one we enjoyed against Geelong for a decade.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: I think that needs to read...'why come on here if you don't have the same expectations as Pluggs...'

Good read. No truth but lovely fiction. And you left out a word after utter, lion.

Anyway back on topic. I hope we win this week. If we lose then I will think about draft picks later on in the year. I also hope we win the week after. Those who don't care need to get the remote from click and fast forward the next year or two.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: !!!!!STOP!!!!!

Austinnn wrote:
saynta wrote: I have a vivid memory of you attacking me for stating that i had been told, and I had, that this year was mainly about ladder position.

So now you are a man of peace. Don't make me laugh. Oh, and for the record, I want to win as many games as possible.
Vivid, eh? Remember it word for word type vivid? Let's hear it. Can you reproduce your exact words before my devastating 'attack'? What did I say, probably something like "for such a serious accusation (ie: someone involved in the club actively looking to finish as low as possible, ie tanking) you need to prove it to be believable"? Did you ever prove it?

For the record, I still think that your claim is not credible and I'd like to know which expert from inside the club would be stupid enough to confide in you that this year the club was tanking. No matter who you are in real life, no one of any consquence from the club (outside the list management department) would have told you that as anything other than their personal opinion. You are deluded to think otherwise. Again, if you claim that there is an in-club policy of tanking, you should prove it or keep quiet, as it is a bold accusation.

Listen Saynta, I acknowledge that I've attacked you in the past, and am questioning you now as well. This is not about that. No one is ever going to stop anonymous people on a forum from attacking each other.

This is about the To Tank or Not To Tank argument that is popping up on lots of new threads. I repeat: it's everywhere, it's stunting all other conversation, from both sides. I'm part of it, I never claimed to be Gandhi. Someone has got to say "enough" and I'm just trying to get us all to take a step back. We are allowed to be more than one-dimensional, aren't we?

So can we draw a line under this argument and move on to other arguments, everyone?
Deluded am I. Sure ,have it your way, you believe what you want, I'm not about to enlighten a creep like you appear to be. You go and smoke your peace pipe with who ever you want to. I won't be joining in.