Team v Suns

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Suns

Hickey has a touch of class, is a goal kicking ruck and I suspect the only reason he is not selected yet is that Richo want's to make sure after lots of injuries, that Hickey's body is up to it. Mumford did better than Longer last week and contributed more to their win. It will be very important for Saad to get or set up a couple of goals this week, as we need more from the crumbing forwards this season if we want to get a couple more wins over last season, and goals from the midfield who really need to be on their game from the first bounce and dictating terms.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Great weather today and hopefully tomorrow. Showers are predicted but maybe isolated along the water.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Hickey has a touch of class, is a goal kicking ruck and I suspect the only reason he is not selected yet is that Richo want's to make sure after lots of injuries, that Hickey's body is up to it. Mumford did better than Longer last week and contributed more to their win. It will be very important for Saad to get or set up a couple of goals this week, as we need more from the crumbing forwards this season if we want to get a couple more wins over last season, and goals from the midfield who really need to be on their game from the first bounce and dictating terms.
Because Hickey kicked 3 against the Giants last year, that makes him a goal-kicking ruck?

30 games, 10 goals. He is not a goal-kicking anything at present.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
spert wrote:Hickey has a touch of class, is a goal kicking ruck and I suspect the only reason he is not selected yet is that Richo want's to make sure after lots of injuries, that Hickey's body is up to it. Mumford did better than Longer last week and contributed more to their win. It will be very important for Saad to get or set up a couple of goals this week, as we need more from the crumbing forwards this season if we want to get a couple more wins over last season, and goals from the midfield who really need to be on their game from the first bounce and dictating terms.
Because Hickey kicked 3 against the Giants last year, that makes him a goal-kicking ruck?

Tends to be a bit hard to kick goals when out injured for extended periods, but is a superior mark around the ground and better in the ruck than anyone else on our books..just need to get fully match-fit then he will be in for Longer.

The Disch
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Saad is a strange one. Apparently he did a good job on Shaw who only had the 14 touches. But I would've liked to have seen Saad hurt Shaw with scoreboard impact.
Maybe they will play Saad on Ablett given his great tagging role on Shaw. :)

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

spert wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Tends to be a bit hard to kick goals when out injured for extended periods, but is a superior mark around the ground and better in the ruck than anyone else on our books..just need to get fully match-fit then he will be in for Longer.
Hang on, you labelled him as a goal kicking ruck, i backed it up with stats and then somehow this is about his injuries?

The games Hickey has played, he has not kicked an extraordinary amount of goals. So why is he a classy, goal-kicking ruck now?

felix
Club Player

I'm usually pretty good with the footy tipping head not heart stuff .but I picked us for a win now I'm not sure if my head and heart are confused , if Abletts injury comes into play and they are not quite on rockets page yet we are a sniff ???

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Weather looking good for tonight. I'm sitting in my mates members seats so won't be with the general admission plebs lol.

If you see a tall dude with a Saints jumper with two kids in tow in Sts gear, yell out, 'Yo stevie'. If it's me, I will be happy to chat!

If it ain't me, well, no bother lol

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Weather looking good for tonight. I'm sitting in my mates members seats so won't be with the general admission plebs lol.

If you see a tall dude with a Saints jumper with two kids in tow in Sts gear, yell out, 'Yo stevie'. If it's me, I will be happy to chat!

If it ain't me, well, no bother lol
60% chance of rain with possible storms and there is some showers off the coast according to the radar, so don't be too confident.

How's the humidity? That's an indicator of sorts re rain likelihood.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Zero humidity. As I keep telling people, we get minor humidity here on the GC, though most locals haven't lived in Cairns so they don't know what humidity is lol.

There may be showers around later but hopefully won't affect the game.