Richo message or saying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo message or saying

any clues to his chat pattern in the latest audio

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:any clues to his chat pattern in the latest audio
Didn't take long. He got the word 'exciting' in there a few times. 'Incredibly exciting' when he hits fever pitch.

Good on him.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Richo is preparing us for another season of significant pain and quite possibly another after that. Three years at the bottom may test the patience of the board.
I disagree. 2016 won't be a year of pain. This year we will start to see some pleasing (pardon Lyonism) signs.
I sincerely hope you're right, Sainternist. Personally, I think we might surprise a few, especially if we have a better run with injuries. My point was, I don't think we'll end up at the bottom for the next two years, it's just if things don't go our way and we do, then things might get interesting.
We have a fun season of footy ahead, WW. Absolutely nothing to lose, except games to the stronger teams. I reckon we'll be far more competitive, particularly against the mediocre and mid-table teams and we'll see the emergence of some genuine young talent.

Hope you are right but I cant see any reason for you being right. I have us winning between one and three games based on common sense. I have us winning 5 based on following the saints. Would love 3 wins to be honest but if we don't win early we may not win at all. Our percentage really told us how bad we were last year unfortunately.

I know we had some blow outs but I thought we were in a lot of games also. A few go our way early and 5 to 7 is probably possible as I think there are a few more teams likely to drop off a bit this year. Injuries will play a big part though as they do with any team. I would hope we see a massive jump in performance for guys like Lee, Ross, Wright, Webster, Hickey etc. All have been around long enough to start to reward on field. We should at least get the enjoyment of watching some significant progress. We get a full year out of Armo, Geary, Jack, Gilbert and Fisher and we should improve on last year alone

The only player that I see really improving our side who wasn't at their best last year is Steven. That is balanced out and more by losing Lenny. Some young kids will improve but again that is balanced out by Rooy probably not being as good as last year. We had the pathetic percentage last year and it included a 10 goal win. I hope we improve this year but the last thing I want to see on here is abuse to our team because some idiots thought we maybe capable of winning 6-8 games this year and we only win 3. Some sides will struggle this season but who will we actually beat. GWS round one is huge as far as winning 5 games this year. Lose that and it will be a long year because thee isn't many logical games we can win. And IMO im not being negative im being realistic. Go back to the start of 2011 and ive nearly got everything right about how our club would go in the next few year. Got a hell of a lot of other things wrong though.
I hear you, Plugger. Best to have relatively low expectations. I can see Montagna having a better year than last along with Jack Steven. I'm not expecting us to win more than five games, but I reckon we'll be far more competitive than in 2014. One factor which certainlt made us a lot worse was that we were decimated by injuries. Hopefully a different story in 2015 with the general fitness being very good amongst the squad and most putting in very impressive pre-seasons. It'll be another great learning curve for the youngsters.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Richo is preparing us for another season of significant pain and quite possibly another after that. Three years at the bottom may test the patience of the board.
I disagree. 2016 won't be a year of pain. This year we will start to see some pleasing (pardon Lyonism) signs.
I sincerely hope you're right, Sainternist. Personally, I think we might surprise a few, especially if we have a better run with injuries. My point was, I don't think we'll end up at the bottom for the next two years, it's just if things don't go our way and we do, then things might get interesting.
We have a fun season of footy ahead, WW. Absolutely nothing to lose, except games to the stronger teams. I reckon we'll be far more competitive, particularly against the mediocre and mid-table teams and we'll see the emergence of some genuine young talent.

Hope you are right but I cant see any reason for you being right. I have us winning between one and three games based on common sense. I have us winning 5 based on following the saints. Would love 3 wins to be honest but if we don't win early we may not win at all. Our percentage really told us how bad we were last year unfortunately.

I know we had some blow outs but I thought we were in a lot of games also. A few go our way early and 5 to 7 is probably possible as I think there are a few more teams likely to drop off a bit this year. Injuries will play a big part though as they do with any team. I would hope we see a massive jump in performance for guys like Lee, Ross, Wright, Webster, Hickey etc. All have been around long enough to start to reward on field. We should at least get the enjoyment of watching some significant progress. We get a full year out of Armo, Geary, Jack, Gilbert and Fisher and we should improve on last year alone

The only player that I see really improving our side who wasn't at their best last year is Steven. That is balanced out and more by losing Lenny. Some young kids will improve but again that is balanced out by Rooy probably not being as good as last year. We had the pathetic percentage last year and it included a 10 goal win. I hope we improve this year but the last thing I want to see on here is abuse to our team because some idiots thought we maybe capable of winning 6-8 games this year and we only win 3. Some sides will struggle this season but who will we actually beat. GWS round one is huge as far as winning 5 games this year. Lose that and it will be a long year because thee isn't many logical games we can win. And IMO im not being negative im being realistic. Go back to the start of 2011 and ive nearly got everything right about how our club would go in the next few year. Got a hell of a lot of other things wrong though.
I hear you, Plugger. Best to have relatively low expectations. I can see Montagna having a better year than last along with Jack Steven. I'm not expecting us to win more than five games, but I reckon we'll be far more competitive than in 2014. One factor which certainlt made us a lot worse was that we were decimated by injuries. Hopefully a different story in 2015 with the general fitness being very good amongst the squad and most putting in very impressive pre-seasons. It'll be another great learning curve for the youngsters.

I can't see how several players shouldn't be expected to make the team better. You under play Geary, Montagna, Gilbert, Fisher and Armo. Armo should make up for Lenny if he keeps fit and especially if he can share the load with Jack and Ross. Longer had a fairly average first season and the return of Hickey should help. A progression from half a dozen kids should make us a much more competitive unit. If it translates to wins good but it's an exciting time. I have no doubt there will need to be a lot going right for us to improve but it's all good. I am totally against dropping coaches everytime the performance doesn't match expectations anyway, even if we don't win a game this year. Doesn't do much but set you back.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping we dont have any blow-outs this season, and a couple of more wins. If we can get a full season out of Hickey, the two Sams, and Geary, it will make a big difference to our team. And of course the natural improvement to the youngsters.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I am hoping we dont have any blow-outs this season, and a couple of more wins. If we can get a full season out of Hickey, the two Sams, and Geary, it will make a big difference to our team. And of course the natural improvement to the youngsters.
I'm more concerned about the team being able to avoid blow-out defeats opposed to wins. If we can win more than five games, it's a bonus and a sure sign the team is developing faster than expected. But the last thing I want is for us to be on the wrong end of thrashing to the mid table and bottom half of the ladder type teams e.g. Carlton, Richmond, Brisbane, Adelaide etc.
gringo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

I can't see how several players shouldn't be expected to make the team better. You under play Geary, Montagna, Gilbert, Fisher and Armo. Armo should make up for Lenny if he keeps fit and especially if he can share the load with Jack and Ross. Longer had a fairly average first season and the return of Hickey should help. A progression from half a dozen kids should make us a much more competitive unit. If it translates to wins good but it's an exciting time. I have no doubt there will need to be a lot going right for us to improve but it's all good. I am totally against dropping coaches everytime the performance doesn't match expectations anyway, even if we don't win a game this year. Doesn't do much but set you back.
Can't disagree with you there, Gringo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

I think the best and fairest count shows where we are at unfortunately. Its going to be a long and slow process. maybe 3 wins this year and maybe 5 or 6 at the most next year. I agree about coaches but if we finish bottom 3 years in a row which is a chance then AR goes. Every club would do that not just us.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah cant argue with that imo
3 spoons and someone would be getting the ass
i actually dont think we will finish bottom this year (wishful thinking maybe)

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Three spoons would be tough to handle but I think it's safe to say this year will probably be another and Richo and his position will depend on signs shown in 2016

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Three spoons would be tough to handle but I think it's safe to say this year will probably be another and Richo and his position will depend on signs shown in 2016
Tend to agree.
And I guess 'how' we finish bottom might count. I mean there are bad bottoms and kind of honourable bottoms. I don't want to see our % below 65.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

If we don't finish bottom then who will? I see Melbourne improving and GWS- and I don't think the bullies will drop off to the point where we finish above them.

Improvement for us , will I think mean that we are in the game for longer , and not suffer any major blowouts. I'm struggling to see us winning more than 4 games this year . If we win 6 or more games then we absolutely will have exceeded my expectations

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:If we don't finish bottom then who will? I see Melbourne improving and GWS- and I don't think the bullies will drop off to the point where we finish above them.

Improvement for us , will I think mean that we are in the game for longer , and not suffer any major blowouts. I'm struggling to see us winning more than 4 games this year . If we win 6 or more games then we absolutely will have exceeded my expectations
Probably us but I cant help thinking maybe the blue baggers will have a shocker and get a spoon :-)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Zed wrote:If we don't finish bottom then who will? I see Melbourne improving and GWS- and I don't think the bullies will drop off to the point where we finish above them.

Probably us but I cant help thinking maybe the blue baggers will have a shocker and get a spoon :-)

To me the vulnerable are Melbourne who I can't see getting massively better, Bulldogs who have a good team but have deliberately dumped several mature heads that will have some short term consequences, Carlton who have shown more of a moving backwards than forwards, Collingwood who have lots of good kids on the way but are a few injuries away from a sharp fall and of course Essendon who should come last from penalties.

Brisbane is getting better and the new franchises should charge this year.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

To me the vulnerable are Melbourne who I can't see getting massively better, Bulldogs who have a good team but have deliberately dumped several mature heads that will have some short term consequences, Carlton who have shown more of a moving backwards than forwards, Collingwood who have lots of good kids on the way but are a few injuries away from a sharp fall and of course Essendon who should come last from penalties.

Brisbane is getting better and the new franchises should charge this year.
Nice summation Gringo....

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:If we don't finish bottom then who will?
Not our problem. If we win enough games, someone else will be below us.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Spot on Con. They will finish last. Micky Shithouse's last year in the game. Right royally stuffed up their drafting/trading.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-1 ... e-be-bold-
Stoked that Richo will be making a real effort for us to move the ball on quicker and will try to use the corridor more.
Once again re Patty he brings out the "he's here for a career not the start of a season"

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

“We need to be much better and much more consistent with our performance and we are a young group but if you are good enough you are old enough which will be our catch cry amongst our playing group and the coaching staff,” he said.
Richo on SEN today

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-1 ... e-be-bold-
Stoked that Richo will be making a real effort for us to move the ball on quicker and will try to use the corridor more.
Once again re Patty he brings out the "he's here for a career not the start of a season"
That's a cutting edge strategy. Don't leak such an original game plan Richo!! You're giving all your cards away.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I've had this (naive?/dumb?) notion, that I'm not going to: "gaze into any crystal balls" "anticipate disasters" "anticipate miracles" make forecasts about how many wins/losses the Saints will have in 2015, but will instead take every game as it comes, and simply enjoy going to the footy to barrack for the side!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
PJ
SS Life Member

Here's an idea...why don't we just wait till we see how they go before we worry about predicting doom and Richo's demise.

Yep, goes against the grain when you're a saints fan that can only focus on negativity and the glass half empty.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I was being a bit snarky. Richo's a good spruiker for sure, he just seems to state the bleedin obvious a bit. I like those weird, obtuse borderline autistic coaches who have most of their brain computer tied up in calculating new tactics and approaches to the game and hence barely make sense when talking. But Richo did do a fantastic job last year in really tough circumstances. He's developing the kids well, helped create a really positive environment the players are obviously embracing and doing good promotion work building a stable base for the club to launch a new era from. I can totally see why we head hunted him after the swerving all over the road Watters juggernaut era.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

my concern is last year against Hawthorn. if that happens a couple of times this year the bottom will drop out. then the pressure will be on Richo fast.
I don't think it will happen and probably most don't. but because of that it will be all the worse.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

After todays practice match Im sure his catch cry - "use the wings and pockets - go as wide and a slowly forward as possible".

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
St Lenny
Club Player

8856brother wrote:Richo's crooked mouth is mesmerizing.

Totally agree, try talking to him in person, he tends to stick his lips out, I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, lol.

Re our season. I think we are better than what people are saying. Just remember how well we were going last year till Eli broke his arm and all the injuries happened. I am expecting a better year than last.