Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

I was told by a mod Joffaboy changed his name because he wanted a new start. Unfortunately whether it is JB or BM the result is the same.
You have been a cancer on this site for over a decade and if the mods were fair dinkum they would have IP banned you a very long time ago. You have not only let yourself down but you have let down all of us. All you need to do is go over to bigfooty and see what they say about us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
The question was would other posters be afforded the same consideration or was this a one off special favour.

And it's a valid question not specific to Bunk or whatever you choose to be known as. Would this treatment be afforded others?

Thanks for the clear questions SEN and SP. I was the most active mod in supporting BM's desire that his previous nic be genuinely dead in the water and not fodder for baiting. The other mods were also happy to support BM"s request. It's also perhaps of interest to posters to note that although there are five mods listed on the site, only three are active.
Certainly it's not a one off special favour. It was a decision based on believing that people are entitled to the respect of being addressed by the name they want to be addressed by. Would anyone on here continue to call Beau Maister, Mr. Wilkes? Nope.
If someone makes it very clear that they want a previous name to no longer be used, then fair enough. In this case, BM presented a case for the support of the mods with killing off his previous nic and the mods considered it reasonable.
Anyone else would be afforded the same courtesy with a genuine request, especially in the case of changing their nic and their old nic being used as a tool to bait.

Thank you once again,, for about the tenth time addressing this issue St.Byron. Why some on here think they are above the decisions of mods and fragrantly flaunt the rules is perplexing.

Please be aware, I will not hesitiate in reporting anybody who continues to troll and bait as saintspremiers did.

Why you people have to behave like spoilt children when it comes to rules is a mystery.

Now that last line is very funny considering the previous line. You will report for being called an old name and then say others behave like spoilt children. Great humour BM. Surely you really are taking the piss?

Exactly. "Bunk" is simply using this whole thing as a power trip.

he says new nick new attitude, but is just same same and the mods have been taken for a merry ride.

Whatever floats your boat...

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

this will be a growth industry soon
... hopefully at the naming day celebrations that took place in sept
its was confirmed that
Bunk cant be called JB
Linton & Dexter cant be called Stinger or HarrysDad
& Pluggsie cant be called 66.6

but then , maybe the NWO is still too busy
chasing Confuscious from cave to cave in Ubackadoor.

...is there a special group concerned with Alien detection ?
... i know someone who wants a badge to polish ... this self love thing is wearing thin.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I was told by a mod Joffaboy changed his name because he wanted a new start. Unfortunately whether it is JB or BM the result is the same.
You have been a cancer on this site for over a decade and if the mods were fair dinkum they would have IP banned you a very long time ago. You have not only let yourself down but you have let down all of us. All you need to do is go over to bigfooty and see what they say about us.
Number of warnings issued to the poster using the nic 'Joffaboy' between 20 March 2014 and 21 April 2014 = 6.

Two week ban for the nic Joffaboy implemented 22 April 2014.

User name Joffaboy de-activated 18 May 2014.

Number of warnings issued to the poster using the nic Bunk Moreland between 18 May 2014 and today = 0.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
citywest wrote:I was told by a mod Joffaboy changed his name because he wanted a new start. Unfortunately whether it is JB or BM the result is the same.
Number of warnings issued to the poster using the nic 'Joffaboy' between 20 March 2014 and 21 April 2014 = 6.

Two week ban for the nic Joffaboy implemented 22 April 2014.

User name Joffaboy de-activated 18 May 2014.

Number of warnings issued to the poster using the nic Bunk Moreland between 18 May 2014 and today = 0.

Thank you for clearing up the lies and misrepresentation of citywest there St.Byron

Blow those stats out where the sun don't shine citywest you congenitial liar.

if you want a laugh go over to Bigfooty and see what they say about Nexus-Helen/citywest.

They think he is a complete halfwit.

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
The question was would other posters be afforded the same consideration or was this a one off special favour.

And it's a valid question not specific to Bunk or whatever you choose to be known as. Would this treatment be afforded others?

Thanks for the clear questions SEN and SP. I was the most active mod in supporting BM's desire that his previous nic be genuinely dead in the water and not fodder for baiting. The other mods were also happy to support BM"s request. It's also perhaps of interest to posters to note that although there are five mods listed on the site, only three are active.
Certainly it's not a one off special favour. It was a decision based on believing that people are entitled to the respect of being addressed by the name they want to be addressed by. Would anyone on here continue to call Beau Maister, Mr. Wilkes? Nope.
If someone makes it very clear that they want a previous name to no longer be used, then fair enough. In this case, BM presented a case for the support of the mods with killing off his previous nic and the mods considered it reasonable.
Anyone else would be afforded the same courtesy with a genuine request, especially in the case of changing their nic and their old nic being used as a tool to bait.

Thank you once again,, for about the tenth time addressing this issue St.Byron. Why some on here think they are above the decisions of mods and fragrantly flaunt the rules is perplexing.

Please be aware, I will not hesitiate in reporting anybody who continues to troll and bait as saintspremiers did.

Why you people have to behave like spoilt children when it comes to rules is a mystery.

Now that last line is very funny considering the previous line. You will report for being called an old name and then say others behave like spoilt children. Great humour BM. Surely you really are taking the piss?

he says new nick new attitude, but is just same same and the mods have been taken for a merry ride.

Read the stats from St.Byron, and you will see that once more you have embarrassed yourself with your ignorance.

Ho hum. The squawking of the pathetic few because they cant get their own way and wont abide by a mods decision.

Really quite childish from the usual suspects. But as usual facts triumph of BS and bluster.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The whole process of changing a nic should be far more transparent.

Something like this Image

markp
Saintsational Legend

Call me...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol at ip ban
yeah, because that works well

:lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Read the stats from St.Byron, and you will see that once more you have embarrassed yourself with your ignorance.

Ho hum. The squawking of the pathetic few because they cant get their own way and wont abide by a mods decision.

Really quite childish from the usual suspects. But as usual facts triumph of BS and bluster.
You get more pathetic by the day "Bunk".

New nick, exactly the same attitude sadly

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll: i wonder why.....no i don't really...i know why...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Coz he's just a humble mother fkr with a bigass dk...?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Number of posts by Bunk Moreland that have been reported by other posters since 18 May 2014 = 6.

3 for being off topic.
1 by someone sticking up for Adam Schneider and wanting to point out the thread was offensive, rather than any specific post.
2 for abusive language which were dealt with via PM as not regarded as being worthy of a warning.

For some context I could provide the number of reported posts written by other posters and the number of reports individual posters have logged. With those figures you would see that 6 reported posts (of which two were for abuse) and no warnings is well and truly at the lower end of the spectrum.

I take it your post implies that there is some kind of favouritism going on towards BM, which is not true.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Coz he's just a humble mother fkr with a bigass dk...?
Yep. That's it. Busted.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Number of posts by Bunk Moreland that have been reported by other posters since 18 May 2014 = 6.

3 for being off topic.
1 by someone sticking up for Adam Schneider and wanting to point out the thread was offensive, rather than any specific post.
2 for abusive language which were dealt with via PM as not regarded as being worthy of a warning.

For some context I could provide the number of reported posts written by other posters and the number of reports individual posters have logged. With those figures you would see that 6 reported posts (of which two were for abuse) and no warnings is well and truly at the lower end of the spectrum.

I take it your post implies that there is some kind of favouritism going on towards BM, which is not true.

lol - smackdown.

Another embarrassed whinger with no facts just bluster.

This gets funnier by the post :D

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

You get more pathetic by the day "Bunk".

New nick, exactly the same attitude sadly
So you have learnt. No more baiting from you saintspremier?

Been cowed have you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol - too funny.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

There is a few people acting younger than their given age on here. Maybe im one for thinking mods shouldnt give warnings to people who call an internet name another name but there is definitely one who then goes and dobs on people who call an internet name another internet name. All good as long as each of us realise we are friggin childish kids.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:There is a few people acting younger than their given age on here. Maybe im one for thinking mods shouldnt give warnings to people who call an internet name another name but there is definitely one who then goes and dobs on people who call an internet name another internet name. All good as long as each of us realise we are friggin childish kids.
maybe it's the mods dissing out warnings without any reports for the henious crime of calling an alias a different alias.

maybe st.byron can confirm this?

citywest

You are pathetic Joffaboy. You are on my Moron list and this is the last time I am going to respond to your posts. You have been like a cancer over the last 10 years slowing eating away at this site. I feel sorry for the moderators because I really believe they are great people trying to do a difficult job at no cost. Yet here we have a person like yourself who is continually sticking the boots in. Whether you are JB or BM is irrelevant. You are either very sick or just a born trouble maker. Probably the latter I suspect and probably cackiling yourself to death at all the crap you have managed to stir up over the years.

<Poster warned for baiting>

citywest

I forgot to add that this site should be fun but at the end of the day it is more like a battle field because of some.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
maybe it's the mods dissing out warnings without any reports for the henious crime of calling an alias a different alias.

maybe st.byron can confirm this?
I rarely give a warning without a report. On occasions there are posts where it's a no brainer, but mostly warnings are given in response to reports.

In the case of warnings re using an old nic to bait someone, none have been given by mods without there first being a report of the post.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ahhhhh lol
... could i be silly enough to ask for my figures ... just for context of course

:)

'n pluggers ... coz he does seem to cop the raw prawn a bit.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:ahhhhh lol
... could i be silly enough to ask for my figures ... just for context of course

Happy to provide anyone with any stats. Would you like them via PM or on the forum? Naturally, figures for other posters will only be given with their permission.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

Happy to provide anyone with any stats. Would you like them via PM or on the forum? Naturally, figures for other posters will only be given with their permission.
My are 23 warnings since October last year, 131 reports without warnings, 378 requests not to bait or you will get a warning, 2 suspensions and sex with a male once and with a female 4 times.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

My are 23 warnings since October last year, 131 reports without warnings, 378 requests not to bait or you will get a warning, 2 suspensions and sex with a male once and with a female 4 times.
Sex on your own doesn't count.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.