Pre-season so far.....

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Pre-season so far.....

Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Hey ShiityWest, has it ever occurred to you all this NZ stuff we are doing is prob part of the agreement to get 500K for our one game?

If they offered us a mill for 2 games then sure let's do it, but that may never happen.

It's all about how much we are bribed to be there.

Capiche?
Probably depends on whether the $$ is coming from the NZ Govt or the City of Wellington.

If the dollars are coming from Wellington then they'd have no impact on a decision to do a training camp in Queenstown.

I reckon we might have a sponsorship lined up with NZ Tourism (the camp footage was a fantastic advertisement of NZ, especially the South Island).
Supposedly that is swearing.

Fair dinkum BFUSA

Re: Pre-season so far.....

not joking - clear breach - so a warning - just a warning - hardly worth having a whinge over a warning that disappears in 7 days - only of concern if you get 3 warnings in 7 days. Anyway here is the rule your breached.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH POLICY

Swearing covered by the swear filter will be published as f***, s***, c***, c**k etc.

However attempts to circumvent the swear filter with terms with alternate spellings , or any usage of those words within another word OR an alteration of the swear word that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word, will be deemed as a breach of rules for swearing and a Saintsational warning will be issued.

The community has been consulted and the word "dick" and "shyte" and the acronyms WTF, FFS, BS etc have been found to be acceptable and as such shall be deemed permissible in usage EXCEPT if used in an abusive or derogatory manner towards a poster or posters. A Saintsational warning may be issued in these cases.

BackFromUSA wrote:not joking - clear breach - so a warning - just a warning - hardly worth having a whinge over a warning that disappears in 7 days - only of concern if you get 3 warnings in 7 days. Anyway here is the rule your breached.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH POLICY

Swearing covered by the swear filter will be published as f***, s***, c***, c**k etc.

However attempts to circumvent the swear filter with terms with alternate spellings , or any usage of those words within another word OR an alteration of the swear word that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word, will be deemed as a breach of rules for swearing and a Saintsational warning will be issued.

The community has been consulted and the word "dick" and "shyte" and the acronyms WTF, FFS, BS etc have been found to be acceptable and as such shall be deemed permissible in usage EXCEPT if used in an abusive or derogatory manner towards a poster or posters. A Saintsational warning may be issued in these cases.

The problem with is people could say he was bull<edited by mods> and that word doesn't get covered by the swear filter and its no where near as bad as c*** which is covered.

<warned for swearing>

Unfortunately we cannot control what is covered by the swear filter.

As such the rules clearly state:

"However attempts to circumvent the swear filter with terms with alternate spellings , or any usage of those words within another word OR an alteration of the swear word that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word, will be deemed as a breach of rules for swearing and a Saintsational warning will be issued."

As this was clearly stated above, then it follows that Plugger66 deliberately used a term that breached the forum rules in order to demonstrate that the swear filter is not fully effective - which is the EXACT REASON that the quoted rule exists.

I know that Plugger66 will claim that he was only making a point / that I am victimizing him and that I am not logical / fair and that I don't use or have common sense ... But I am issuing a warning for his unnecessary and deliberate breach of rules.

Later today I shall move this part of the thread to the admin forum but after posters can see the moderation decisions.

BackFromUSA wrote:Unfortunately we cannot control what is covered by the swear filter.

As such the rules clearly state:

"However attempts to circumvent the swear filter with terms with alternate spellings , or any usage of those words within another word OR an alteration of the swear word that may constitute the reader to understand that it is a swear word, will be deemed as a breach of rules for swearing and a Saintsational warning will be issued."

As this was clearly stated above, then it follows that Plugger66 deliberately used a term that breached the forum rules in order to demonstrate that the swear filter is not fully effective - which is the EXACT REASON that the quoted rule exists.

I know that Plugger66 will claim that he was only making a point / that I am victimizing him and that I am not logical / fair and that I don't use or have common sense ... But I am issuing a warning for his unnecessary and deliberate breach of rules.

Later today I shall move this part of the thread to the admin forum but after posters can see the moderation decisions.

You are a joke. I was pointing out the problem with the swear filter. As if there hasn't been hundreds on posts where swearing has actually happened. I reckon you need a rest from being a mod. Maybe just 5 or 6 years. I can say c*** but I can say the other word. What a f****** joke. You lack common sense. Luckily we have other mods who have common sense. Is there anyway we can know when you are moderating so normal humans can stop posting?

As predicted.

Question - because it is possible to crack the code of a bank safe ... Is it therefore ok to rob a bank ... when there are laws against robbery?

Answer - just because there are ways to circumvent the swear filter ... It is still not ok to swear on here ... Because there are rules against it.

As a result warnings are issued.

Simple.

I have an idea. Don't breach rules. I then promise not to warn you.

Merry Christmas.

Why are these rules applied inconsistently?

In some threads it is open slather, but in others people get warned. Yes rules are rules, but it's the inconsistency by the mods that frustrates posters.

A little humour about swearing. I was watching QI the other night and Stephen Fry commented that there was a particular term now in use for the habit people have of inserting a swear word into another word, for example, abso -f@cking- lutely, or hoo-bloody-ray. At that point , Jo Brand, a panelist on the show said, "You mean like Scunthorpe?"

BackFromUSA wrote:As predicted.

Question - because it is possible to crack the code of a bank safe ... Is it therefore ok to rob a bank ... when there are laws against robbery?

Answer - just because there are ways to circumvent the swear filter ... It is still not ok to swear on here ... Because there are rules against it.

Simple.

Merry Christmas.

Yep and as predicted an arrogant response and totally wrong anyway. I was pointing out the stupidity of the swear filter and the inconsistency of one particular mod. Got the exact answer I expected. Like I said I think you need a little rest or if you wont do that why not use common sense for a change.

Keep up the good work BFUSA

Wayne42 wrote:Keep up the good work BFUSA
I thought you may like the warning. probably says a bit about both of you. Anyway have a good day. You will need one eventually.

White Winmar wrote:A little humour about swearing. I was watching QI the other night and Stephen Fry commented that there was a particular term now in use for the habit people have of inserting a swear word into another word, for example, abso -f@cking- lutely, or hoo-bloody-ray. At that point , Jo Brand, a panelist on the show said, "You mean like Scunthorpe?"
Gold

Simple.

Merry Christmas.

Yep and as predicted an arrogant response and totally wrong anyway. I was pointing out the stupidity of the swear filter and the inconsistency of one particular mod. Got the exact answer I expected. Like I said I think you need a little rest or if you wont do that why not use common sense for a change.
The p66 Book of common sense.

'I am right. Everyone else is wrong.'

Thats the whole book.

Five long years.

Simple.

Merry Christmas.

Thats the whole book.

Five long years.
You aren't that smart sometimes and worse still lie to make a point. Just because you are usually wrong doesn't mean others are. matter of fact the only time others are wrong is when they agree with you which hardly happens. Billings being a city boy is a good example as is your comment on lazy recruiting. Anyway as usual you haven't addressed the point but just tried to get some point scoring. Do you think warnings for words the swear filter doesn't fix is fair when you can say other words that are quite obvious to even a 5 year kid? That was my point of the first post on this. It wasn't even trying to be a smart arse post. And then the mod doesn't show common sense on the topic. I suppose you can relate to that. Have you moved yet?

White Winmar wrote:A little humour about swearing. I was watching QI the other night and Stephen Fry commented that there was a particular term now in use for the habit people have of inserting a swear word into another word, for example, abso -f@cking- lutely, or hoo-bloody-ray. At that point , Jo Brand, a panelist on the show said, "You mean like Scunthorpe?"
I've never been to England, so, what kind of a place is Scunthorpe...?

A c*** of a place, apparently Dave.

Simple.

Merry Christmas.

Thats the whole book.

Five long years.
You aren't that smart sometimes and worse still lie to make a point. Just because you are usually wrong doesn't mean others are. matter of fact the only time others are wrong is when they agree with you which hardly happens. Billings being a city boy is a good example as is your comment on lazy recruiting. Anyway as usual you haven't addressed the point but just tried to get some point scoring. Do you think warnings for words the swear filter doesn't fix is fair when you can say other words that are quite obvious to even a 5 year kid? That was my point of the first post on this. It wasn't even trying to be a smart arse post. And then the mod doesn't show common sense on the topic. I suppose you can relate to that. Have you moved yet?

HitTheBoundary wrote:Why are these rules applied inconsistently?

In some threads it is open slather, but in others people get warned. Yes rules are rules, but it's the inconsistency by the mods that frustrates posters.
It is impossible for the moderators to read all threads / posts.

The policy is clear.

Ok to use swear words that the filter catches and partially blocks.

Not OK to circumvent this.

Deliberate circumvention by combining with another word is a warning e.g. Plugger66

Using a swear word (or altering it in a way where it can still be understood as that swear word) and directing it at a poster is a warning e.g. Saintspremiers

Although we may have let a swear word or two through game day if not directed at a poster if it is descriptive e.g. The umpiring was s*** house today (when both words were combined and it escaped the swear filter) but this is when we try to be more compassionate as posters are passionate about their footy.

Otherwise if there are deliberate breaches as there was in this thread it is a warning.

Of course there are some we simply don't see.

then , there are some , who simply don't see.

BackFromUSA wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Why are these rules applied inconsistently?

It is impossible for the moderators to read all threads / posts.

The policy is clear.

Ok to use swear words that the filter catches and partially blocks.

Not OK to circumvent this.

Deliberate circumvention by combining with another word is a warning e.g. Plugger66

Using a swear word (or altering it in a way where it can still be understood as that swear word) and directing it at a poster is a warning e.g. Saintspremiers

Although we may have let a swear word or two through game day if not directed at a poster if it is descriptive e.g. The umpiring was s*** house today (when both words were combined and it escaped the swear filter) but this is when we try to be more compassionate as posters are passionate about their footy.

Otherwise if there are deliberate breaches as there was in this thread it is a warning.

Of course there are some we simply don't see.

I was pointing out the stupidity of the swear filter. You do get that don't you. But you could start a thread saying this c*** is a c***. I reckon a 5 year old kid could work that out but you cant say bullsh&^ing. Now As a parent which word do you think is worse. If you as a mod used common sense you wouldn't have warned me because I was just pointing out the crap swear filter and the crap rules regarding swearing. And I didn't swear at a poster. Are you actually saying if I said the umpire was a c*** today and the swear filter didn't pick it up it would be ok? Talk about stupid rules. You really failed common sense. Anyway have a great birthday.

I think it was pretty obvious what P66 was saying and that it was then taken out of context. I would imagine the misinterpretation has come from previous dealings. In this case, P66 is hard done by. Subsequent posts prove that. Nice to see you back around BFUSA. You have been conspicuous by your long absence.

Well said plugger.

Shyte is not what I consider a swear word to start with, BFUSA is a bit of a prude it seems.

Maybe I should have called him ShyteWest but that doesn't sound as good as what I originally used.

Makes sense?

gee whiz no one start a thread about roosters if the word c**k is banned then

some words like s*** are part of EVERYONES vocab
understand f*** and c***

but s***?

mehhh