Why not just move back to Moorabin?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainters85
Club Player

Why not just move back to Moorabin?

I don't get why we have to move back to the Junction Oval? Obviously Seaford isn't working out and it looks like we are unwanted at the JO by community groups.. Why not just move back to Moorabin or just stay at Seaford! I reckon Moorabin is really our true home and would work out long term.. stupid decision to move to Seaford in the first place!
Last edited by sainters85 on Sat 06 Dec 2014 3:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why not just move back to Moorabin?

because umm junction oval is like ummm

OUR HOME!

8-) 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:I don't get why we have to move back to the Junction Oval? Obviously Seaford isn't working out and it looks like we are unwanted at the JO by community groups.. Why not just move back to Moorabin or just stay at Seaford!

Because we have only got 11 million to spend there. I reckon they would need at least 25 million to get it AFL facility standard for training. Maybe even more.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
sainters85 wrote:I don't get why we have to move back to the Junction Oval? Obviously Seaford isn't working out and it looks like we are unwanted at the JO by community groups.. Why not just move back to Moorabin or just stay at Seaford!
Because we have only got 11 million to spend there. I reckon they would need at least 25 million to get it AFL facility standard for training. Maybe even more.
$25 million P66? :shock:

That's some serious deflation from your previous posts that eventually climbed up to a figure of $200 million.

Interestingly, the Eureka Stadium thing... they've already held several preseason games there with the current facilities and capacity of 10,000. The upgrade for the Poodles (and maybe Nuff Nuff) is only looking at holding 15,000. And with most of them still out in the open... and probably still standing, by the look of it...
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... zqry3.html

An artist's impression of the development of Ballarat's showgrounds.

JO could do that now... minus the sleet. :twisted: And JO is in Funky Town, not out in the middle of nowhere. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That's some serious deflation from your previous posts that eventually climbed up to a figure of $200 million.

Interestingly, the Eureka Stadium thing... they've already held several preseason games there with the current facilities and capacity of 10,000. The upgrade for the Poodles (and maybe Nuff Nuff) is only looking at holding 15,000. And with most of them still out in the open... and probably still standing, by the look of it...

JO could do that now... minus the sleet. :twisted: And JO is in Funky Town, not out in the middle of nowhere. 8-)

Dave obviously you cant read or are just playing dumb. The 200 million figure was for playing games at the JO with a capacity of 30k. Some imaginary figure you thought could fit in the ground. The 25 million is for training facilities and even then I said it could be a little more. No idea what a stadium in Ballarat has to do with your silly proposal of playing games at the home of CV.

PJ
SS Life Member

So is it Seaford, Moorabbin or JO?

Which is looking more likely long term? With all the talk I have no idea where we are at.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

How do people actually give these turkey's money via full-Memberships?

They cannot even settle on a 'home' for the Football Club re the facilities so if something (I would argue) as basic as that cannot be achieved, surely any other decision involving money will just involve money down the toilet much like Thommo's client accounts...

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Here's a few photos of how Moorabbin used to be (there are also Glenferrie Oval and eddiehad stadium on there as well).

Of course the grandstand has now been pulled down. Pity.

http://www.austadiums.com/forum/viewtop ... 8c95c3089c

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I miss the old girl. At least Moorabbin had history for me as JO means nothing to me.

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

8bloggs
Club Player

What are the options?

1. Retain Moorabbin as Matt Finnis indicated in May 14 as a 'community hub' (StKilda stand alone VFL team, Southern Football League, Sandringham Dragons, South Metro Juniors) and a 'physical presence' (social club, museum, retail outlet)

2. Move from Seaford to Junction Oval, or stay at Seaford (training facilities, administration)

3. Some variation on the first two

What are the benefits of the Junction Oval?

4. Our 'Spritual home' (for those who are old enough to remember us playing there - maybe; for others - ?)

5. Identity/branding (located in a 'funky' area with the same namesake, being where we originated [close enough]

What are the risks of JO?

6. Business case (how much will it cost the club versus any tangible financial benefits e.g. will it actually help with sponsorships or not?)

7. Control (can't be subservient to cricket interests, it must be a true partnership)

Austinnn
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What the blazes are you talking about? Who's Nuff Nuff? Does he live in toytown with Noddy? We don't all live in your head Dave, would it kill you to try and be less 'fun' and more obvious?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Toytown , Nuffnuff land , Noddies on Acid 'n Daves ummm, individualisms , aside ,
what about giving the OP a spelling lesson on Moorabbin !!!!

double o double b its not hard ... lol.

its doin my head in lookn at it.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
citywest

After reading Dean Jones' article today I'm starting to think if we can get the extra funding needed for Moorabbin then maybe we should forget St Kilda and go back to Moorabbin.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

citywest wrote:After reading Dean Jones' article today I'm starting to think if we can get the extra funding needed for Moorabbin then maybe we should forget St Kilda and go back to Moorabbin.
Come on CW, since when have you suddenly stopped thinking big? :D

Matt Finnis 8-) encapsulates the essence of why we must return home to JO. (See my sig' just below.).

But yes, a stong presence at Moorabbin, and right down the Penninsula, must also be maintained.
Port to Portsea = the St Kilda footy club! :D

As for Deano and many others re the topic of 'sharing'...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86939&p=1521952#p1521952

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:After reading Dean Jones' article today I'm starting to think if we can get the extra funding needed for Moorabbin then maybe we should forget St Kilda and go back to Moorabbin.
Indeed. Dean Jones' opinion should determine the future of the club. He's an arrogant, self-important goose, whose lack of self awareness cost him his test career. Apart from that, he 's illiterate, full of sh@t and a Carlscum supporter. If you want to follow his lead then knock yourself out. :roll:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
citywest

White Winmar wrote:
Indeed. Dean Jones' opinion should determine the future of the club. He's an arrogant, self-important goose, whose lack of self awareness cost him his test career. Apart from that, he 's illiterate, full of sh@t and a Carlscum supporter. If you want to follow his lead then knock yourself out. :roll:
I don't want to follow Deano but we need to get out of Seaford. I don't want the government funding to all of a sudden be withdrawn while we are toing and froing with JO or Moorabbin.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
I don't want to follow Deano but we need to get out of Seaford. I don't want the government funding to all of a sudden be withdrawn while we are toing and froing with JO or Moorabbin.

I don't think I have ever read anything from the club to suggest they want to go back to Moorabbin.