Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

saintspremiers wrote:Now the Libs are offering 15mil if elected to do the junction.

Dennis is closing in on maverick Andrews and I'm confident the Libs can hold onto powers.

The lefties on here should be getting a bit nervous - it's not going to be a whitewash
It's $20 million. And it's Denis. And the Fibs are coming back just like we did in GF2. Unless something major happens, the result is likely to be 54/46 2PP - that's what the books are saying anyway.

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Now the Libs are offering 15mil if elected to do the junction.

Dennis is closing in on maverick Andrews and I'm confident the Libs can hold onto powers.

The lefties on here should be getting a bit nervous - it's not going to be a whitewash
Nothing too lefty about Andrews and his mob, they are just a slight variation on Napthine's mob, and I agree it won't be a whitewash..more like a political slaughter on 29 Nov., and I wont be voting for either of those turkeys :D

El Wood
Club Player

The Junction Oval redevelopment has become a state election issue with local Labor member Martin Foley unwilling to back a shared-facility proposal.

Foley has variously blamed amateur football and the adjoining primary school for blocking the joint venture, but both parties appear supportive of the Saints' relocation.

The local state ALP guy needs to get his facts straight. I'm sure that mad Sainta and local ALP federal guy Michael Danby will straighten him out. :wink:

Martin Foley is also a big Saints fan. Spoke to him a few weeks ago about the subject before the ALP announcement about the oval. He would like the Saints back there but wasn't yet across the party's policy about JO. Did say that the AFL had just had a big meeting with the Port Philip Council but hadn't heard what came of it.

Labor began the bidding with improving cricket at JO. Libs have just said I see your cricket and raise you football. Up to Labor to now call.

Kosicos
Club Player

Are we being conned.
I WOULD VERY HAPPY IF WE WERE TO RETURN TO THE JUNCTION OVAL,BUT I FEEL THAT WE ARE BEING CONNED AS IN FACT OUR TRAINING BASE WILL ACTUALLY BE ACROOS THE ROAD AT THE JOHNSTON OVAL. WE WILL NOT BE KICKING ANY FOOTY`S AROUND THE JUNCTION OVAL. WILL WE BE PLAYING 2ND FIDDLE TO CRICKET VICTORIA.
I vote NO unless we have full control of the junction oval ,if they want to play cricket let them develop the Johnston oval for cricket.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:... but I'm pretty sure that Daniel Andrews is a Sainta(?)D
Nope. Bombers.
Well he'll probably need a new club soon... may as well be the Mighty Saints.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:

Nothing too lefty about Andrews and his mob, they are just a slight variation on Napthine's mob, and I agree it won't be a whitewash..more like a political slaughter on 29 Nov., and I wont be voting for either of those turkeys :D
Just as long as whoever gets in doesn't spend OUR money on CRAP like a drunken sailor and then borrows more for it (gee, I wonder what party does that sort of thing every time)?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

perfectionist wrote:
Nope. Bombers.
That's not too bad then, P... he'll soon be needing to find another team. :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Nope. Bombers.
Well he'll probably need a new club soon... may as well be the Mighty Saints.

that would be right....suits him down to the ground.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Jacks Back wrote:Just as long as whoever gets in doesn't spend OUR money on CRAP like a drunken sailor and then borrows more for it (gee, I wonder what party does that sort of thing every time)?
Hi Jack, Australia's history since federation says that the party to do that... is whatever party is in power during a time of war.

GFCs don't help either. And if there'd been more government economic stimulous during the Great Depression, that that horrible event may well have been lessened... remembering that the Depression only really ended with WW2... yep, government economic stimulous.

The 1988 Hawke government returned the first federal budgetary surplus since just after WW2... with one exception... Gough's government. And that post WW2 surplus... another ALP government. There are a lot of misconceptions out there.

No surpluses under 23 years of Menzies(!) Shock horror! But wait up... look at what happened with the national debt.

Balancing the Budget is not the point... balancing the Economy is. :idea:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic... our wonderful club returning home will provide the economic opportunity and 'stimulous' to kick-start our return to being the power that we always should have been. The most significant event in our history.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Back on topic... our wonderful club returning home will provide the economic opportunity and 'stimulous' to kick-start our return to being the power that we always should have been. The most significant event in our history.

If its such a good place then why was our history pathetic when we were originally at the JO and when we actually played there and not trained over the road from the JO. I think you find it is the same reason as it will end again. Playing the poor second cousin.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Just as long as whoever gets in doesn't spend OUR money on CRAP like a drunken sailor and then borrows more for it (gee, I wonder what party does that sort of thing every time)?
Hi Jack, Australia's history since federation says that the party to do that... is whatever party is in power during a time of war.

GFCs don't help either. And if there'd been more government economic stimulous during the Great Depression, that that horrible event may well have been lessened... remembering that the Depression only really ended with WW2... yep, government economic stimulous.

The 1988 Hawke government returned the first federal budgetary surplus since just after WW2... with one exception... Gough's government. And that post WW2 surplus... another ALP government. There are a lot of misconceptions out there.

No surpluses under 23 years of Menzies(!) Shock horror! But wait up... look at what happened with the national debt.

geez dave....stop telling porkies... :roll:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Back on topic... our wonderful club returning home will provide the economic opportunity and 'stimulous' to kick-start our return to being the power that we always should have been. The most significant event in our history.
If its such a good place then why was our history pathetic when we were originally at the JO and when we actually played there and not trained over the road from the JO. I think you find it is the same reason as it will end again. Playing the poor second cousin.
Our on-field history wasn't too crash hot coz we never consistently got act together off-field till around the late '50s/early '60s.

Then rising costs from the need to compete in the recruting of interstate star players meant we could no longer subsidise the cricket club by giving them most of our gate takings. (By forcing us out, those StK CC idiots couldn't even see that they were killing the golden goose. :roll: )

The almost knock out blow was when interest rates went up (world wide) in the early 1970's, and hence we could no longer comfortably service our debt from having built up Moorabbin. :cry:

But through all of that, we never-ever properly leveraged our prime asset... the icon footy club, in the icon suburb... St Kilda. (I believe that you may know it as Funky Town, Pluggs. :P )

This time, I'm confident that we will! And then, lookout those vanilla clubs! :twisted:

(And no need to play poor second cousin. There are mutual win-win advantages for both footy and CV... and if the CV powers-that-be can't see that, then they shouldn't be running a bath, let alone a major sporting body like CV!

As for training over the road during the cricket season... we did that for over 100 years... no bigee.)

Look at the big picture possibilities Sainsationalists! Our beloved Club can become a powerhouse juggernaut!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

geez dave....stop telling porkies... :roll:
Those aren't my figures, but which part/s do you consider inaccurate, Sting?
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Sat 22 Nov 2014 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Our on-field history wasn't too crash hot coz we never consistently got act together off-field till around the late '50s/early '60s.

Then rising costs from the need to compete in the recruting of interstate star players meant we could no longer subsidise the cricket club by giving them most of our gate takings. (By forcing us out, those StK CC idiots couldn't even see that they were killing the golden goose. :roll: )

The almost knock out blow was when interest rates went up (world wide) in the early 1970's, and hence we could no longer comfortably service our debt from having built up Moorabbin. :cry:

But through all of that, we never-ever properly leveraged our prime asset... the icon footy club, in the icon suburb... St Kilda. (I believe that you may know it as Funky Town, Pluggs. :P )

This time, I'm confident that we will! And then, lookout those vanilla clubs! :twisted:

(And no need to play poor second cousin. There are mutual win-win advantages for both footy and CV... and if the CV powers-that-be can't see that, then they shouldn't be running a bath, let alone a major sporting body like CV!

As for training over the road during the cricket season... we did that for over 100 years... no bigee.)

Look at the big picture possibilities Sainsationalists! Our beloved Club can become a powerhouse juggernaut!

Dave please don't make things up. When did we train over the road even once? Secondly I am not one of you pet names like Deemsy and Stinger so please stop mentioned plugs as if we are mates. I have nothing against you but we aren't mates. How is it a win win for cricket. What benefit do they get if the partnership is equal. Also whats this icon footy club or is every Victorian club an icon footy club? As for the suburb of St Kilda I couldn't give a stuff about that place. All I want is us to train the best facilities.

Dave making up things to some how sell it to yourself or others doesn't mean its good move. It would so much easier to debate the metits of this if you didn't talk in riddles. And I have no idea of the what you are talking about when you mention rising cost and interstate players. That just isn't true in the early 60's when luckily the club dumped the JO and that god for that. So again I ask why were we such a poor club when originally at the JO?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dave please don't make things up. When did we train over the road even once? Secondly I am not one of you pet names like Deemsy and Stinger so please stop mentioned plugs as if we are mates. I have nothing against you but we aren't mates. How is it a win win for cricket. What benefit do they get if the partnership is equal. Also whats this icon footy club or is every Victorian club an icon footy club? As for the suburb of St Kilda I couldn't give a stuff about that place. All I want is us to train the best facilities.

Dave making up things to some how sell it to yourself or others doesn't mean its good move. It would so much easier to debate the metits of this if you didn't talk in riddles. And I have no idea of the what you are talking about when you mention rising cost and interstate players. That just isn't true in the early 60's when luckily the club dumped the JO and that god for that. So again I ask why were we such a poor club when originally at the JO?
:?

Stinger is a poster's nic P66 (is that better?), not a 'pet name'. I do however address said poster as Sting. I do hope that he doesn't percieve it as a 'pet name'. "Deemsy..., is 'Deesmy.

The mutual benefits thing has been posted many times... stuff like the more people to benefit from a submission the better your chances and the more 'stuff' you have a chance of securing... as in you can argue that more people will benefit. Then there's the shared knowledge, ideas, networking of connections...

The more organizations present, the more 'foot traffic' coming through the place... the can only be good for sponsorship...
come on, use your creativity... boundless possibilities and synergies for our beloved club to tap.

We trained over the road during the cricket season when we were playing our of the JO... nothing new or earth shattering there.

In the early '60s we were getting great home crowds, but most of the gate went to that short-sighted stupid cricket club.

Our beloved club realised this was going to become more and more of an issue, as it was around then that VFL clubs started paying big money in transfer fees to get star players from WA and SA. (Back then the transfer fees were the big ticket item. Big salaries followed a bit later... Royce Hart famously signed on to the Tuggers for a couple of shirts... Doug Wade got a discount on a Myers suit... those were the days... :lol: )

Our fall from league power to bottom dweller, and almost to extinction, was due to finacial difficulties from when interest rates when way up in the early '70s. Till then we were comfortably servicing our debt on Moorabbin. (That's one reason I cried when Moorabbin was bulldozed... the price we paid to build up that ground was sooooooo nearly the ultimate price... :cry: :x )

But that's all in the club's history, and I and others have posted it all before right here... just have a little search sometime you're feeling a bit bored...

Moving forward, the fact that you don't 'get' the iconic name that is St Kilda (team and suburb), nor do you 'get' the marketing possibilities (to fans, sponsors, tourists, players, and did I mention sponsors...) that we could finally leverage... not sure what to sugggest there, except... use your creativity, think big! 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

please dave...do me a favour...don't quote that articular poster...particularly when he is mentioning me.........for some f****** godforsaken reason he appears to have a crush on me.......seems to post after me most times...oh...

ps...you can call me anything you like dave....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Ch 9 reporting that there is a $20Mill BLACK HOLE in this project. Does our club really need a $20Mill DEBT? I think NOT !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

patto
Club Player

Kosicos wrote:Are we being conned.
I WOULD VERY HAPPY IF WE WERE TO RETURN TO THE JUNCTION OVAL,BUT I FEEL THAT WE ARE BEING CONNED AS IN FACT OUR TRAINING BASE WILL ACTUALLY BE ACROOS THE ROAD AT THE JOHNSTON OVAL. WE WILL NOT BE KICKING ANY FOOTY`S AROUND THE JUNCTION OVAL. WILL WE BE PLAYING 2ND FIDDLE TO CRICKET VICTORIA.
I vote NO unless we have full control of the junction oval ,if they want to play cricket let them develop the Johnston oval for cricket.
No need to YELL

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:please dave...do me a favour...don't quote that articular poster...particularly when he is mentioning me.........for some f****** godforsaken reason he appears to have a crush on me.......seems to post after me most times...oh...

I honestly can say I cant stand you. I reckon most people here have a different personality than when they are in real life. Unfortunately for people who know you I think you are exactly as we see you on here. I feel sad for people who know you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

:?

Stinger is a poster's nic P66 (is that better?), not a 'pet name'. I do however address said poster as Sting. I do hope that he doesn't percieve it as a 'pet name'. "Deemsy..., is 'Deesmy.

The mutual benefits thing has been posted many times... stuff like the more people to benefit from a submission the better your chances and the more 'stuff' you have a chance of securing... as in you can argue that more people will benefit. Then there's the shared knowledge, ideas, networking of connections...

The more organizations present, the more 'foot traffic' coming through the place... the can only be good for sponsorship...
come on, use your creativity... boundless possibilities and synergies for our beloved club to tap.

We trained over the road during the cricket season when we were playing our of the JO... nothing new or earth shattering there.

In the early '60s we were getting great home crowds, but most of the gate went to that short-sighted stupid cricket club.

Our beloved club realised this was going to become more and more of an issue, as it was around then that VFL clubs started paying big money in transfer fees to get star players from WA and SA. (Back then the transfer fees were the big ticket item. Big salaries followed a bit later... Royce Hart famously signed on to the Tuggers for a couple of shirts... Doug Wade got a discount on a Myers suit... those were the days... :lol: )

Our fall from league power to bottom dweller, and almost to extinction, was due to finacial difficulties from when interest rates when way up in the early '70s. Till then we were comfortably servicing our debt on Moorabbin. (That's one reason I cried when Moorabbin was bulldozed... the price we paid to build up that ground was sooooooo nearly the ultimate price... :cry: :x )

But that's all in the club's history, and I and others have posted it all before right here... just have a little search sometime you're feeling a bit bored...

Moving forward, the fact that you don't 'get' the iconic name that is St Kilda (team and suburb), nor do you 'get' the marketing possibilities (to fans, sponsors, tourists, players, and did I mention sponsors...) that we could finally leverage... not sure what to sugggest there, except... use your creativity, think big! 8-)
We never trained over the road Dave. Don't make things up. And don't continue to make things up about transfer fees. Its a clear lie and may make others on here believe you but it isn't true. Its actually sad that you are telling fibs. I still am yet to hear from you, apart from fibs, as to why we were stuffed when originally at the JO. Try the truth for once Dave. And as usuall you haven't explained why our name is iconiccompared to others. Its all rather sad Dave.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

SO we are going to make millions by simply training near the Junction Oval, all thgis exposure will bring sponsors running to us just so they can put up a billboard on Fitzroy Street. If that's case, please explain Richmond's lack of success despite their prime location on the corner of Punt Road and Brunton Ave.
180,000 vehicles a day drive past Hawthorn's training facility, but, there aren't any billboards there, nor are there big billboards around Kardinia Park in Geelong which would have suffered a significant loss of vehicles passing it when the Geelong ring Road opened up.
Essendon are now based at Tullamarine, yet have not suffered any real loss despite the drugs saga.
I tell you what sponsors want, prime time television slots and success. Not oh gee look where they are training now, they couldn't give a rat's crap about that.
If we had done what Hawthorn and Geelong have done over the last ten years, hadn't had some damaging scandals, we would have 40,000+ members and big sponsors despite being at Seaford.
You mentioned the Rabbitohs, well it does help if you have someone like Russell Crow backing you, he would have bought in sponsors a lot more than them returning to Redfern.
I can't see people flocking from the cafes on Fitzroy Street to our administration facilities if they move there and I doubt we can relocate our Social Club with it's pokies there.
It's no coincidence that Port Adelaide turned there form around with Kochey in charge and he would have had a fair bit of influence on sponsorship as well.
The only way we get big sponsors is if we start playing good winning football and then get prime time slots on television, not where we train.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The JO would be transformative for us. And i dont think the players would give stuff whether its Ian Johnson or the Junction.
Theyd love to be training and working there. Wed be the employer of choice for footy players and coaches Australia wide.
And our current sponsorship situation is dire. It can only improve.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:please dave...do me a favour...don't quote that articular poster...particularly when he is mentioning me.........for some f****** godforsaken reason he appears to have a crush on me.......seems to post after me most times...oh...

I honestly can say I cant stand you. I reckon most people here have a different personality than when they are in real life. Unfortunately for people who know you I think you are exactly as we see you on here. I feel sad for people who know you.
The Man love is strong here.

PS The JO I reckon would be a shot in the arm (no bomber gags please) for the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:The JO would be transformative for us. And i dont think the players would give stuff whether its Ian Johnson or the Junction.
Theyd love to be training and working there. Wed be the employer of choice for footy players and coaches Australia wide.
And our current sponsorship situation is dire. It can only improve.

Players don't give a stuff where they train otherwise why did they all just sign up for us and why would Dal, Stanley and BJ leave to train miles from where they live. Secondly they don't get a choice when first drafted so we could train in Mildura and they still have to play with us. I cant imagine any player saying to themselves I would love to play at the Saints because they train in St Kilda. They may say I would love to play with the Saints because the facilities are the best or they are a promising team but it will never be because of the suburb we train in.