Cam Delaney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Die Hard 7
Club Player

Cam Delaney

Cam Delaney Delisted, awith a few other handy players any of interest, and any chance reuniting the brothers. Can we get him as a delisted free agent or something?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-31/n ... ony-and-co

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Re: Cam Delaney

Come on down! Was highly regarded by fans of North could take care of our KPB problems we have..

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Was originally mentioned as the better of the two brothers?

Surprising move. Don't know much about him, and I'm not as sold on our Delaney yet as much as others are, but Im sure he'll be looked at closely.

FWIW I'd much rather him than any of the other 3 permission to train listed players being spoken about in McKernan, Petrenco or Hunt. Combine the quality of all three of them and you've a good AFL player. Individually, useless.

FQF
SS Life Member

As if.

North's list management this off season has been nothing short of bizarre.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Die Hard 7 wrote:Cam Delaney Delisted, awith a few other handy players any of interest, and any chance reuniting the brothers. Can we get him as a delisted free agent or something?

funny that......our guys looked at tippet in the year before last........reckoned he wasn't good enough...left us without a full back for a year...great non selection guys....not

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Die Hard 7
Club Player

I think we should get him and also what about Liam Anthony for some midfield depth

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Die Hard 7 wrote:I think we should get him and also what about Liam Anthony for some midfield depth

Anthony horrible skills would be another Clint Jones, finds the footy well but butchers it when he gets it..

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Saints delist Simpkin or Sipposs and grab Cam Delaney as DFA?

Just read he has foot problems probably why he was delisted with a year to run on his contract. Maybe another Jesse Smith story to stay clear of...poor bugger!

I also see Melbourne have cut Luke Tapscott wow their development rates are disgraceful !
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Fri 31 Oct 2014 2:47pm, edited 4 times in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

we would need to get in quick...would serve north right if we rookied him and they were then forced to pay out his contract...i would be inviting him to train with us...there are risks though....significant ones

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/north-melb ... 1ex0z.html

"North Melbourne will be forced to pick up key defender Cameron Delaney as a rookie or else pay him out for another year after he was one of eight Kangaroos delisted on Friday.

Delaney, 22, is contracted for 2015. He has been restricted to just six games in four years since joining the Roos, with just one in 2013 and none in 2014 as a result of an ongoing issue with his left big toe. Delaney underwent his second operation to repair the toe.

Fairfax Media understands that Delaney - now a free agent - would be likely to accept deal from another club, but that the significant medical risk attached to him could act as a deterrent."

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:we would need to get in quick...would serve north right if we rookied him and they were then forced to pay out his contract...i would be inviting him to train with us...there are risks though....significant ones

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/north-melb ... 1ex0z.html

"North Melbourne will be forced to pick up key defender Cameron Delaney as a rookie or else pay him out for another year after he was one of eight Kangaroos delisted on Friday.

Delaney, 22, is contracted for 2015. He has been restricted to just six games in four years since joining the Roos, with just one in 2013 and none in 2014 as a result of an ongoing issue with his left big toe. Delaney underwent his second operation to repair the toe.

Fairfax Media understands that Delaney - now a free agent - would be likely to accept deal from another club, but that the significant medical risk attached to him could act as a deterrent."

Sounds like an injury bust

You are garbage - Enough said
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

its a shame injuries have ruined his career. From memory he took 12 marks and had around 20 disposals in a game in 2013 towards the end of the year. He can certainly play and he's a bit more agile than Luke, they could've made a long term FB CHB combo for the next few years.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We need to mention more delisted or ordinary AFL footballers.I will spew if we pick more than one player in the draft who hasn't played AFL footy. Imagine taking a punt and failing. Lets play it safe and fail.

saint6709
Club Player

looks too small to me at 194 - unless he has grown a couple of cms ??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They traded the wrong brother, lucky for us

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Die Hard 7 wrote:Cam Delaney Delisted, awith a few other handy players any of interest, and any chance reuniting the brothers. Can we get him as a delisted free agent or something?

funny that......our guys looked at tippet in the year before last........reckoned he wasn't good enough...left us without a full back for a year...great non selection guys....not
He's shithouse

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Red_White_Black

Joel Tippett actually withdrew his draft nominations in 2012 when we were looking at him so he could focus on something for a year back in South Australia.

Cameron is worth the punt in the rookie draft for sure in my opinion. Just needs a free run at it and to get over these injury problems.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Is meant to be much better than Luke, Luke was fantastic for us this year.

Assuming we can conduct a medical, and he passes with flying colours of course we should go for him!

North owe us for years to come for handing them Dal who was amazing in the finals for them.

I am spewin they didn't delist Harper - which I thought was a chance - that kid has some tricks!

P66, what a shock, rubbishing again. Surely it gets old - but it is funny in hindsight reading all of your posts after the fact. For laughs, check out the abuse you sent towards posters who talked about trading McEvoy a couple of years ago.

Anyway, sidetracked... what sort of mid is Schroder? I know nothing about him other than he won the Liston in 2012 and this year won Geelong VFL b&f, what is his disposal like?

Also, Tapscott, another bloody first rounder gone! What a waste of a talent! Granted is too small for kp, but he was promising before Melbourne wrecked him!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

If Delaney has foot problem................. he would fit in with the Saints at the moment............ didn't we just have a stellar year with players with foot injuries?
Surely our medicos would love another one!!!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
stinger wrote:

He's shithouse

tippet shithouse...????...yeah that's why the roos ..who...incidently have better recruiting staff than us...just promoted him to the main list and delisted a guy some of you are wetting yourselves over.... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Red_White_Black wrote:Joel Tippett actually withdrew his draft nominations in 2012 when we were looking at him so he could focus on something for a year back in South Australia.

Cameron is worth the punt in the rookie draft for sure in my opinion. Just needs a free run at it and to get over these injury problems.
the saints guys still said he was no good...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He'd be a good back up kpb for nothing. We have no one at the moment if del goes down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He'd be a good back up kpb for nothing. We have no one at the moment if del goes down.

Is he a free pick? Of course he costs something. Gringo who are you delisting to get him? Just another ordinary footballer to add to our growing list.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:He'd be a good back up kpb for nothing. We have no one at the moment if del goes down.
Is he a free pick? Of course he costs something. Gringo who are you delisting to get him? Just another ordinary footballer to add to our growing list.
If he's clear of serious medical issues then surely he would be a mile ahead of Simpkin? Pretty straightforward swap.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'd rookie him. We have spots and if we take one mature body it adds to our older bodies plus we should be able to get 2 kids as well as Schnides and Delaney.

ace
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:If Delaney has foot problem................. he would fit in with the Saints at the moment............ didn't we just have a stellar year with players with foot injuries?
Surely our medicos would love another one!!!!!!
He would be a perfect fit at Essendon.
They have discovered a wonder drug that helps repair injuries and build players up.
They think it is legal.
Not quite sure of its name, something like Thymosin Beta 4.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.