Saints games in 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Saints games in 2015

saintspremiers wrote:Drubbing interstate = flick the channel.
Nope - I watch the boys do their best
saintspremiers wrote:Drubbing at home when at the game = hell!
Nope - I watch the boys do their best

Neither is hell for me.

You are garbage - Enough said
matrix
Saintsational Legend

I've left one match early.
2010 replay.
I could've punched thru concrete that arvo.

Fox..I watch from start to finish.
Might as well..I plan the whole day around each game each week

Tbh the FIXture doesn't affect me.
I'm in the lounge for 20 of the 22 games.
Although this year should see roos 300th.
So be over for that.
I think he is 19 short.
So...who we playing and where???
Too hard to look that up on a phone eating a roast beef sandwich

matrix
Saintsational Legend

North melb at blundstone.
Well that screwed that trip to melbs for his 300th :evil:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Pleasing
Club Player

As far as attending games goes for those with young kids this is one of the better fixtures we have had. Back when we were a winning side nearly every game was a night game.
This year of our home games:
4 are day games
4 are twighlight games
2 are night games
1 is for sheep shaggers only

Overall including the away games in Melbourne there are 7 Day Games 4 twilight games and 3 Night games balance is definitely more family friendly than it has been in the past.

As far as fairness goes we play GWS, Melb, WB, Ess,WC twice which is about as soft as it could possibly be fair enough considering we finished bottom.

As far as revenue goes not sure there is anything the AFL could do to save us in this respect we will lose money in approx 6 out of our 10 games at Etihad.

As far as interstate trips are concerned 7 is a about par given there are 8 genuine interstate sides now and 3 - 4 occassional interstaters and one of our trips is self inflicted

Let me in
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Just thought I'd get the point across. :roll: :D

70s sainter
Club Player

Why couldn't they give one of our interstate away games to melb ffs.
They have a miserly 3 compared to our seven.
Play same bottom teams twice so what is the reason I wonder.
Is Roos the golden boy or something?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Very iffy fixture IMO, I thought Gillon is a Saints fan? LMAO

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Also we only seem to have 4 six day breaks.

A double six day break between R1 and R3

1 R6
1R19

Not like in the old day when Demetriou hated Thomas so made sure we had 11 six day breaks in one season.

You are garbage - Enough said
mcadam05
Club Player

I'm a 16 game Member , love someone too tell me where those 16 games are coming from

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why the F*CK do we always have to play at the Gabba???

Notwithsatnding the N.Z. game, Brisberne last played us here in 2009 and have only played us twice at Etihad in 10 years.

How is that fair???

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Why the F*CK do we always have to play at the Gabba???

Notwithsatnding the N.Z. game, Brisberne last played us here in 2009 and have only played us twice at Etihad in 10 years.

How is that fair???
Exactly bro! I have been wondering about this too for the last couple of years

chook23
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:I'm a 16 game Member , love someone too tell me where those 16 games are coming from
16 game 2014?

Is the 2015 version cheaper...(14 games)

saint4life
dragit
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Why couldn't they give one of our interstate away games to melb ffs.
They have a miserly 3 compared to our seven.
Play same bottom teams twice so what is the reason I wonder.
Is Roos the golden boy or something?
I don't understand how this can even be possible, surely the 10 victorian sides can have basically the same amount of interstate trips each, the difference only being 1 or 2 max?

Collingwood & Essendon generally only get 3 or 4 trips interstate each year, whereas we nearly always seem to get 6 or 7.

The fixture next year is pretty irrelevant as far as our performances go but the difference between clubs is astounding.

Another stinker in a long line of them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If we don't win round one then if we do win it will considered an upset. The fixture seems pretty good. The problem is our side. Lets face it most have said the Hawks have had the hardest draw for the last 2 years and it hasn't hurt them.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

how can it be fair P66 when we have no Friday night home matches, almost all our home games are on sunday and we travel the most out of the Victorian teams. I would have thought that helping the AFL extend out to NZ would allow us to miss a few interstate trips. How can Melbourne only travel 3 times?? Bizarre! Could send us to the wall.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Collingwood are broadcast on channel seven more than twice we are. Surely this smudges poo into new membership opportunities or do we not care because we are sh*t? Seen but not heard in 2015. But that's ok because we get to watch Collingwood play in BLOCKBUSTERS.
I have a young family and for a number of reasons can't make Sunday games. So that leaves me with three afternoon games on Saturday one of which is an away game. Golly gee can't wait to buy my membership. Not.
Can't believe our CEO talking up bringing to life Sunday twilight games. 'Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?' What are we idiots.
Looks like the Zebs again for me next year. Bring on Moorabbin 2017.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

70s sainter wrote:This crap of "were rapt to have another away game in tassie against north melb"
Do we actually request an away game in tassie ??
Its the only game I'll be able to get to.

I think it's great they come down here once in a while.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:how can it be fair P66 when we have no Friday night home matches, almost all our home games are on sunday and we travel the most out of the Victorian teams. I would have thought that helping the AFL extend out to NZ would allow us to miss a few interstate trips. How can Melbourne only travel 3 times?? Bizarre! Could send us to the wall.

The way I look at it is that's its better to play more interstate when we are struggling than when we are up and running. We are going to lose members again next year no matter what the fixture is. We will play Friday nights when we are good again. It is obvious how the AFL have worked out Friday nights for years. We got plenty when we were good and now we don't. We have 11 home games like most other clubs. Most memberships are the 11 games one. I honestly think the fixture has bugger all to do with memberships but I do think ordinary form has a huge bearing. Cant explain the Melbourne fixture but don't really care because it shows bottom sides can get a good fixture occasionally.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

That's rubbish P66, we average 6 interstate trips every year. the thought with NZ would be that it would reduce our travelling not add to it. Friday night has nothing to do with performace, carlton and Collingwood both missed finals last year yet get the majority of the Friday night games. Richmond is the other one and they got thumped in the first week of finals. No it's about bringing in the biggest crowd and not building crowds or fairness. How can the dogs build their membership with 15 sunday games last year, we have a similar one this year.

How about a home match for rooeys 300th.... they seemed to make malthouses record game a priority. it's a joke, animal farm all over again. Strong getting stronger.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
dragit
Saintsational Legend

This
millarsaint wrote:Collingwood are broadcast on channel seven more than twice we are.
& this
Solar wrote:That's rubbish P66, we average 6 interstate trips every year. the thought with NZ would be that it would reduce our travelling not add to it. Friday night has nothing to do with performace, carlton and Collingwood both missed finals last year yet get the majority of the Friday night games. Richmond is the other one and they got thumped in the first week of finals. No it's about bringing in the biggest crowd and not building crowds or fairness. How can the dogs build their membership with 15 sunday games last year, we have a similar one this year.

How about a home match for rooeys 300th.... they seemed to make malthouses record game a priority. it's a joke, animal farm all over again. Strong getting stronger.....
It has been well publicized and acknowledged that the biggest factor in equalization…

nek minnit… the same f****** s*** rich clubs get prime time and no travel & the same paupers get to split the f****** sunday afternoon slot.

Whether we win 1 game or 6 next year is irrelevant, the poor clubs taking the s*** slots and coverage just perpetuates the inequality in the league.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:That's rubbish P66, we average 6 interstate trips every year. the thought with NZ would be that it would reduce our travelling not add to it. Friday night has nothing to do with performace, carlton and Collingwood both missed finals last year yet get the majority of the Friday night games. Richmond is the other one and they got thumped in the first week of finals. No it's about bringing in the biggest crowd and not building crowds or fairness. How can the dogs build their membership with 15 sunday games last year, we have a similar one this year.

Please don't compare us to Carlton and Collingwood. Im afraid we have the lowest Victorian membership so we miss out on Friday night. We also have no BIG games unfortunately. Certain not like those 2 sides. We had plenty of Friday night game when we were winning and still didn't break 40k membership. That's our problem. And how would anyone know when Rooys 300th is. Unlike coaches players get injured. By the way Malthouse is breaking an AFL record. Probably 50 players have played 300 games. And what is wrong with Sunday games compared to Saturday anyway? Some days suit certain people. Sunday is great for me but bad for young kids who play footy. Saturday is completely out for anyone who follows a local club but is great for people who don't. By the way I honestly think bugger all if nobody studies the fixture before buying a membership. A myth in my opinion.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Completely missed the entire point.

Good post solar.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Please don't compare us to Carlton and Collingwood.
A big part of the equation why these clubs are so wealthy is these ridiculous fixtures every year…

You fixture the wealthy clubs against the other wealthy clubs in prime time each year - Guess what - they get wealthier.

How are north, dogs, saints ever going to attract the member numbers of a rival that gets 7 times the amount of friday night games & more than twice the amount of free to air games?

It's just f****** ridiculous.