Tim membrey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim membrey

dragit wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:TM - One game!!!

I think it says a lot about the sad state of the Saints at present when such a player can generate so much discussion about him possibly coming to the Saints. :(
Why is it a sad state that we would be discussing a player who is looking like coming to us?

A young key forward in a team with franklin, Tippett, Goodes & Reid isn't going to get a lot of chances.

I thought he looked very good in his debut game this year, not going to be a star, but could still be a good player.

There's 2 pages on Taylor hunt also... who is a complete spud IMO, I hope to god he doesn't come.

We are getting Hunt, Membury, JOK and Jakasch for pick one. Its a complicated deal but I can assure you it will be done.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

I think it says a lot about the sad state of the Saints at present when such a player can generate so much discussion about him possibly coming to the Saints. :(
Why is it a sad state that we would be discussing a player who is looking like coming to us?

A young key forward in a team with franklin, Tippett, Goodes & Reid isn't going to get a lot of chances.

I thought he looked very good in his debut game this year, not going to be a star, but could still be a good player.

There's 2 pages on Taylor hunt also... who is a complete spud IMO, I hope to god he doesn't come.

We are getting Hunt, Membury, JOK and Jakasch for pick one. Its a complicated deal but I can assure you it will be done.
Do we get pick 4 and 18 also??

I might be happy with that.

Discuss.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
footynut
Club Player

With the number 1 pick you aim for a player that you can build a team around, that can win a brownlow, that can win you a game. These players sound alright, but if we trade pick 1 we must get a player that a very least has the potential to be a star

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Pick 45 should do the Swines

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Red_White_Black

Mate of mine went to the Sydney B&F and spoke to Tim wished him all the best for the future & said he asked the question of if Membrey had decided where he would be playing in 2015, Tim apparently avoided the question but my mate mentioned St Kilda and Tim gave him a grin.

If anyone wishes to read into that it's up to you lads.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Players we've picked up from the Swans over the years:

Sean Dempster: 128 games (and counting)
Adam Schneider: 115 games (and counting)
Silvio Foschini: 69 games
Paul Morwood: 60 games
Jayson Daniels: 41 games (after coming back)
Robert Neill: 23 games
Trent Dennis-Lane: 10 games
Troy Gray: 9 games
Fred Campbell: 7 games
David Strooper: 6 games
Rohan Smith: 3 games
David Winbanks: 2 games

Some superstars there! Unfortunately a few pretty good goalkickers went the other way: Lockett, Hall, Everitt, O'Brien. And Tommy Walsh.
Last edited by bergholt on Sun 05 Oct 2014 1:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Didn't Paul Morwood come with Silvio? Remember all the subterfuge and then them running out through the banner at Waverley and a shock going around the ground...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Didn't Paul Morwood come with Silvio? Remember all the subterfuge and then them running out through the banner at Waverley and a shock going around the ground...
Yep, fair point. Added him to the original post. I'm sure I've missed some others as well.

I didn't realise Morwood actually won our B&F one year - and then left to go back to Sydney.

FQF
SS Life Member

Red_White_Black wrote:Mate of mine went to the Sydney B&F and spoke to Tim wished him all the best for the future & said he asked the question of if Membrey had decided where he would be playing in 2015, Tim apparently avoided the question but my mate mentioned St Kilda and Tim gave him a grin.

If anyone wishes to read into that it's up to you lads.
Sounds like a done deal.

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Tim Membrey would never get a game in a top four side, too small for key position and not good enough to play as a forward/rotating mid. Massive pass.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

At 188cm he is no key foward, unless he is truly exceptional.

Individually Membrey may be a great pick-up......or he could be a TDL or Milera. I just hope at the end of the day we end up with more than just fringe, role and "with potential" players.

Pelchen has a value strategy, but for it to work ok some of his "roughies" need to make it. Not all, but some. For it to work well enough for us to be play a GF again anytime then as we are recruitinga lot of "value" soon then most have to make it, and some need to become stars.

Any team needs a support cast. But they also need stars.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

O'Shae and Membrey will help increase our tatt numbers which are well behind other clubs, particularly Collingwood. I personally lame free agency. 8-)

Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Pretty depressing outcome IMOH if that is the case. No key forward and no marquee player. I hope your not correct. :(

Patience young grasshopper
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

sasaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Pretty depressing outcome IMOH if that is the case. No key forward and no marquee player. I hope your not correct. :(

PSixtySix is taking the P*SS

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:Tim Membrey would never get a game in a top four side, too small for key position and not good enough to play as a forward/rotating mid. Massive pass.
bulls*** statement really as basically any player on any AFL list in the right team structure can play in a GF side.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
sasaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
sasaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

PSixtySix is taking the P*SS
:oops:

Patience young grasshopper
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Jimmy O'Dea wrote:Tim Membrey would never get a game in a top four side, too small for key position and not good enough to play as a forward/rotating mid. Massive pass.
bulls*** statement really as basically any player on any AFL list in the right team structure can play in a GF side.
You serioulsy believe that all AFL listed players have the decision making and skill exceution by foot to get a game with the elite sides of the competition.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:
CURLY wrote:
You serioulsy believe that all AFL listed players have the decision making and skill exceution by foot to get a game with the elite sides of the competition.
Yes. Take a look at Spangher this season.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: At 188cm he is no key foward, unless he is truly exceptional.

Individually Membrey may be a great pick-up......or he could be a TDL or Milera. I just hope at the end of the day we end up with more than just fringe, role and "with potential" players.

Pelchen has a value strategy, but for it to work ok some of his "roughies" need to make it. Not all, but some. For it to work well enough for us to be play a GF again anytime then as we are recruitinga lot of "value" soon then most have to make it, and some need to become stars.

Any team needs a support cast. But they also need stars.
Agree he may not be a genuine key forward size at AFL level, but he's probably only a couple of centimeters shorter than Darling, if he's good enough his height won't be a problem.

Whilst I also agree on not adding too many fringe & potentials… I feel that someone like Membrey has a lot more scope than a Taylor Hunt… Membrey is apparently a sensational kick, particularly for goal & he's probably an upgrade on about dozen players currently on our list.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Some say he's grown to around 190 or 191 cm. That's Fev's listed size. I have met Fev and at 6'2" I think Fev is around my height or a touch smaller than me. He didn't seem to struggle at FF.

defacto
Club Player

how many games have you seen him play?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

When i read the papers or the AFL website the Bulldogs seem to be following the Saints around talking to the same players we are, they even want to copy our draft pick strategy from last year, 3 picks in the first 20. We might have become trendsetters with last year's scenario.

I wish they would copy Melbourne instead.. :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Kernal75
Club Player

Being reported on SEN that will be one of the first deals done. Very light on for specifics but indicated it was likely 3rd round selection!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Kernal75 wrote:Being reported on SEN that will be one of the first deals done. Very light on for specifics but indicated it was likely 3rd round selection!
Heard that and it was specualtion on their part. Don't buy into it too heavily at this stage.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:
considering he DID get a game in a top four team this year, the statement is wrong anyway.

Bains on traderadio "very confident" of geting MemBrey

You are garbage - Enough said