Public apology to Cairnsman

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Public apology to Cairnsman

It has been brought to my attention that I have belittled Cairnsman in the thread about Terry Milera returning to SA.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86921
I would like to unreservedly apologize to Cairnsman for the remarks I made. To put this in context I will extract some quotes from the thread in question.
borderbarry wrote:Does not help reduce the age of our list. I am disappointed he is going. We are not having a good run with our indigenous players recently.
Con Gorozidis wrote:Not sure id narrow it down to indigenous... Id just say we haven't had a good run with our players/recruitment recently full stop.
Cairnsman wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure what indigenous has got to do with it. That is a very strange comment by Sainter K. Maybe she could elaborate.

Elaboration on her constant backhanders towards Pelchen would also be helpful. Just hard to understand as the comments are cryptic and lacking detail.
Cairnsman wrote:
So Sainter K you said the club doesn't have a good track record with indigenous players, what did you mean by that?
SainterK wrote:Beg your pardon Cairnsman, I said no such thing
Cairnsman wrote: Pretty certain there was a post by you, one or two before Con's first post that is also is a direct response to you claiming the club doesn't have a good track record with indigenous players. Why did you delete it?
SainterK wrote:
Well you should be certain, not "pretty" certain when you claim I'd say such a thing.

I deleted nothing.

I said no such thing.
Cairnsman wrote:
Then I'm certain and you are liar...who would have ever thought!
st.byron wrote:There have been no posts deleted from this thread since it was started. There was a mod edit, but nothing deleted.
Cairnsman wrote:

Con's first post in this thread was in direct response to a post made by Sainter K. A post that no longer exists. My question is this, just because you can't explain where that post went, does it mean it never existed?
kosifantutti wrote: So we know you can't do Maths and now your Comprehension skills are on display for all to see. Borderbarry made the comment you are referring to and it is and always has been the fourth post in this thread.
My comments were way out of line, and again I apologise unreservedly to Cairnsman. I hope I have not caused him or his family any distress.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Not accepted. You breached the rules and should be given a warning.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Where did I say I would apologise in lieu of a warning? The post was reported, and deemed not worthy of a warning by the other mods. A review was requested and is still being looked at by the other mods.

If you choose not to accept my heartfelt apology, I'm sure I can come to terms with that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because I wouldn't apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though...
Agree.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because I wouldn't apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though...
Agree.
Concur.

kosifantutti wrote:Where did I say I would apologise in lieu of a warning? The post was reported, and deemed not worthy of a warning by the other mods. A review was requested and is still being looked at by the other mods.

If you choose not to accept my heartfelt apology, I'm sure I can come to terms with that.
The review of the reported post is complete and no warnings will be issued.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

are you friggin serious?????

that has to be the softest comment i have ever heard and the most pathetic reason for an apology ever

good friggin lord :roll:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.
BFUSA has accused me of calling SainterK a racist in that post. I have asked him to point out where I called her a racist.

BTW I note that you call people liars on a regular basis. Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong should you be given a warning for doing such a thing as was suggested by the mods.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

that has to be the softest comment i have ever heard and the most pathetic reason for an apology ever

Obviously someone felt very strongly about the comments I made. I was reported for the comments, and when no warning was issued, a request was made to review the decision.

I can't tell you how relieved I was when no warning was issued, although someone may ask for it to be assessed for a third time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
matrix wrote:because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

Obviously someone felt very strongly about the comments I made. I was reported for the comments, and when no warning was issued, a request was made to review the decision.

I can't tell you how relieved I was when no warning was issued, although someone may ask for it to be assessed for a third time.
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.
Mods are duty bound to deal with and assess all reports whatever they are.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.
BFUSA has accused me of calling SainterK a racist in that post. I have asked him to point out where I called her a racist.

BTW I note that you call people liars on a regular basis. Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong should you be given a warning for doing such a thing as was suggested by the mods.

If some delibrately lies I will tell them they are liars. Not sure you can get a warning for the truth.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.
Mods are duty bound to deal with and assess all reports whatever they are.......
I feel sorry for you!! :shock:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

If some delibrately lies I will tell them they are liars. Not sure you can get a warning for the truth.
I warn you now that you are telling the truth.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.

Or its a way of showing how stupid some of the reported posts are. Dont mind the idea at all. If i was a mod and getting stupid reports i would certainly be doing similar. By the way why cant a mod have a bit of sarcasm occasionally.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.
Only when Modding. Otherwise, they should be free to converse as a normal poster with their own points of view, etc.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

SENsaintsational wrote:
Only when Modding. Otherwise, they should be free to converse as a normal poster with their own points of view, etc.
The whole issue would not have come up if Mods would moderate under a single nic, such as "Moderator".

Many times this has been suggested..... but pearls before swine. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
The whole issue would not have come up if Mods would moderate under a single nic, such as "Moderator".

Many times this has been suggested..... but pearls before swine. :roll:

But the person wrote it as Kosi and not a mod. Are you saying a mod cant write things on here under his real nic?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.

Why though? What is the exact issue if we know who they are? I would have a guess if they moderated as you suggested then may would complain they are hiding behind the name of mod 1 and so on. My guess is they cant win. For gods sake its only a footy forum not a forum that maystart world piece.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.
Not without someone watching the watchers.

Integrity is a rare beast.

even rarer around these parts as the both the past n recent history clearly fuckn shows.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

'n good to see u back Bakes.
... i was payn honour to the 'one out all out' principle in your name.

told ya we'd come last.
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.