A bad win. Pigs arse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

A bad win. Pigs arse

Yep we have certainly lost our ability to even be a slight chance to get a PP and we may lose pick one but surely this is what footy is akll about and that winning whatever the loses are. Yep we may have lost pick 20 and we may now not get McCartin but who is to say Petracca or Wright arent better. I will take thoses loses and take yesterdays win anytime. The only thing it does show me is we will missLenny even more than I thought. I think yesterday proved that a player can turn around the form of every team if they are repected as much as Lenny obviously is. Now lets back it up and win 2 or 3 more for the year and bugger our pick number in the draft.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Re: A bad win. Pigs arse

Agree, no pride in finishing last.....again.

According to all the experts there's no standout number one draft pick anyway, so I'd be more than happy with number two or three.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Lots of upside from a win like yesterday. Young players know what they can do. Supporters get some hope.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The win will restore enormous belief within the Club, that if everyone puts in 110% for 4 quarters, the winning will inevitably follow.

A great injection of team morale :!: :!:

I will take wins like this any day, too.

Milne
Club Player

Tanking doesn't make you successful, winning does.

Winning the game the way we did gives a lot of confidence to the young guys. Each victory they taste makes them want it even more!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

P66, SPOT- ON sir! I was lucky enough to be on the boundary fence at games end, and I'll tell you something, the faces of those kids after a win like that almost brought a tear to my old eye! It was worth the admission price just to see them after a thumping win! I'm just SO glad I was there!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Tilting at windmills (aka baiting). Few, if any, Saintsational members, that I can see anyway, wanted to lose or have categorised the win as "bad". Some may have, or may in the future, point out or theorise about the impact of the win on draft picks. But at the moment, we are still last anyway. Whilst we may be critical of players' efforts, from the grandstand, from time to time, I have no doubt that each week the players are determined to win. I expect the same approach for the next 5 games against the Suns, the Dogs, the Swans, the Tigers and the Crows. Three of those games are eminently winnable (on yesterday's form), which could see us climb to 12th on the ladder if other games go the right way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Tilting at windmills (aka baiting). Few, if any, Saintsational members, that I can see anyway, wanted to lose or have categorised the win as "bad". Some may have, or may in the future, point out or theorise about the impact of the win on draft picks. But at the moment, we are still last anyway. Whilst we may be critical of players' efforts, from the grandstand, from time to time, I have no doubt that each week the players are determined to win. I expect the same approach for the next 5 games against the Suns, the Dogs, the Swans, the Tigers and the Crows. Three of those games are eminently winnable (on yesterday's form), which could see us climb to 12th on the ladder if other games go the right way.

My post is baiting? You are kidding right? You are one strange unit.

Royston
Club Player

Super effort yesterday and who as a diehard Saint isn't or wouldn't be chuffed with the effort and result.
I don't want to finish last and don't care that we would not get the No.1 pick....so much pressure in relation to No.1,
on the club firstly to select the 'best player' and secondly on the player himself....
Look at the Jack Watts scenario....imagine dealing with all the press and opinion in relation to his output etc...
All because he isn't meeting the 'expected' performance of a No.1 pick....whatever that is.
Still remember the negativity around Goddard's initial few years....very unfair and shortsighted...and impatient !
Last edited by Royston on Sun 20 Jul 2014 11:37am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I can't think of a St Kilda supporter who wasn't delighted with the win. Losing sucks, big time.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:P66, SPOT- ON sir! I was lucky enough to be on the boundary fence at games end, and I'll tell you something, the faces of those kids after a win like that almost brought a tear to my old eye! It was worth the admission price just to see them after a thumping win! I'm just SO glad I was there!
Me too. My daughter won't wash her hand because Armo and Luke Dunstan slapped it. I saw plenty of kids as young as 65 with tears in their eyes and the look of sheer delight on their faces. My girl said she won't have to put up with the kids at school haranguing her about being a Saints supporter this week. To me, that's a big outcome.

Saint supporter since '62
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

As I said in a different thread we get pick 2, so what?

Cant be accused of picked the wrong player between McCartin and Patracca.

Would trade anything for a win like yesterday.

Its why we stick by our club, through thick and thin.

You are garbage - Enough said
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:wink: Stop being so darn positive Bunk! :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

That Lenny has inspired the lift in effort is unquestionable. The players need to be able to see beyond this now and to understand their own importance and collective responsibility to each other.

Lenny has chosen the right time to bow out as a true champion - now is the time for others to lift and take up the mantle. Guys like Armo, Steven, Savage, Delaney, Stanley can have a massive impact and the opportunity is right there in front of them NOW.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yesterday was incredible, but I'm still confident we will get pick 1.

GWS, brissy & melb all play each other in the last few weeks.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

A win-win would be if we win more games and the Lions, Dees and GWS also win more games allowing us to still end up with the No. 1 DP.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Does having those clubs playing each other mean that we get the spoon? At the minute we occupy 18th on percentage only, another win and we climb up from that posi. (IMHO)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I still don't like the idea of finishing last and I'm not sure that first pick is that much of a barganing chip this year.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Bugger the draft picks.

That is the first time I have enjoyed a game of football since 2010.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

There is absolutely no joy in finishing on the bottom of the ladder. I don't care about first pick in the draft. That should never be an incentive. We've gone 14 years without enduring the humiliation of the wooden spoon. Considering the club already has a kitchen drawer full of them, we should always be avoiding finishing dead last.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep we have certainly lost our ability to even be a slight chance to get a PP and we may lose pick one but surely this is what footy is akll about and that winning whatever the loses are. Yep we may have lost pick 20 and we may now not get McCartin but who is to say Petracca or Wright arent better. I will take thoses loses and take yesterdays win anytime. The only thing it does show me is we will missLenny even more than I thought. I think yesterday proved that a player can turn around the form of every team if they are repected as much as Lenny obviously is. Now lets back it up and win 2 or 3 more for the year and bugger our pick number in the draft.

And if I can pick only one, it's got to be the Richmond game at the G - the site of Lenny's achievement by winning the first Norm Smith Medal in our club's history. Let's get a huge crowd coming along to the MCG for Lenny's Melbourne farewell.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

There's been allot of talk in the media recently about the saints needing or perhaps wanting a priority pick .
But i reckon that even though we have been getting smashed in allot of games this year , there's no way tha AFL would give us one . We would have to be as bad next year for them to considerate it .
Yesterday's preformance showed that we have the ability to preform well . we just need the same confidence and belief every week we play !
Play with this same confidence and belief , then we could beat the suns , dogs , tigers and possibly cause a few headaches for the swans and crows .
Of course we may get smashed in each one , but the younger players showed that the future is not all doom and gloom .

In red white and black from 73
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep we have certainly lost our ability to even be a slight chance to get a PP and we may lose pick one but surely this is what footy is akll about and that winning whatever the loses are. Yep we may have lost pick 20 and we may now not get McCartin but who is to say Petracca or Wright arent better. I will take thoses loses and take yesterdays win anytime. The only thing it does show me is we will missLenny even more than I thought. I think yesterday proved that a player can turn around the form of every team if they are repected as much as Lenny obviously is. Now lets back it up and win 2 or 3 more for the year and bugger our pick number in the draft.

Brisbane are a huge chance next week against Gold Coast and they play Melbourne the week after. Reckon GWS will collect another scalp too - got home in time to see the final quarter of their games against Geelong, and they played seriously good football. Geelong were cr*pping themselves.

Want us to have at least one more big win for the season - in which we kick 20 goals. At the G against the Tiggers would be mighty nice.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:There's been allot of talk in the media recently about the saints needing or perhaps wanting a priority pick .
But i reckon that even though we have been getting smashed in allot of games this year , there's no way tha AFL would give us one . We would have to be as bad next year for them to considerate it .
Yesterday's preformance showed that we have the ability to preform well . we just need the same confidence and belief every week we play !
Play with this same confidence and belief , then we could beat the suns , dogs , tigers and possibly cause a few headaches for the swans and crows .
Of course we may get smashed in each one , but the younger players showed that the future is not all doom and gloom .
We could well be worse next season anyway - depending on who retires, and if Pelican decides to trade away somebody to improve our draft position. Really want to beat Richmond at the G and kick 20 goals in the process. 2015 could be a long development season.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Bugger the draft picks.

That is the first time I have enjoyed a game of football since 2010.
Liked.