Petracca Vs McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Petracca Vs McCartin

samoht wrote:It's a gamble either way.
But. ..
We already have a great forward and it's not doing us any good.

We need good midfielders - to get more (and better quality) entries into our forward line (and at the same time to ensure less opposition entries into our backline).

Agree 100% ... we already have Roo , and can't be competative , so if McCartin is as good as Roo is at present, we would be happy buy it's not going to do any good for quite a few years.
However if we get the best goal kicking mid-fielders we can get a one position forward in the future , but I think they are becomming dinosaurs like the center tap only ruckman

It does appear that the day of the key forward kicking huge bags at AFL is just about over. Coleman medals will probably be won by forty to sixty goals per year .... tops

There's still a bit of time to go , I'm backing in that Patracca will be standout number one come draft time!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Whether the game has changed so much that key forwards are no longer of the same value as they once were is up for debate (Sydney are doing quite well).

But one thing is for certain: the running game is here to stay and teams with a quality, deep midfield will always have a competitiveness about them.

supersaints
Club Player

McCartin who?
Think Rhys has just landed us Patracca, shows that all players need us time.
most posters too quick to right off players . Stanleyd only 23 , has the magic 50 games and we are seeing the transformation.
don't need another forward just yet, give me some goal kicking midfielders
Definitely Patracca for mine!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:McCartin who?
Think Rhys has just landed us Patracca, shows that all players need us time.
most posters too quick to right off players . Stanleyd only 23 , has the magic 50 games and we are seeing the transformation.
don't need another forward just yet, give me some goal kicking midfielders
Definitely Patracca for mine!
Thought he same thing in the first half. Really should up the draft board. Still need another forward to replace roo but not as desperate as it seems.

Petrecca will be top 3, so if we go up another spot we may still get him. Lions would pick wright I think, GWS could pip him though