Hayes to retire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hayes to retire

will go to syd or gws imo

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Performed on the big stage (GFs).
Separates the men from the boys!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Just watched the presser, very sad but so proud that Lenny is a Saint.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Selhurst Saint wrote:Just watched the presser, very sad but so proud that Lenny is a Saint.
He was all class, wasn't he. As always.

We all love Lenny.

Always loyal
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Never entertained going to another club. That really says it all.

Carna Saints!!!
CarlD
Club Player

You always hope that these days never come but knowing in the back of your mind that all players have to leave the game eventually. Lenny was guts and determination personified. Those candy sells ahhh ...
Always gracious - win, lose or draw. All the best to Lenny for the future.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I Love Lenny......I am gutted, but can only wish him all the very best.......He would have to be the most respected player in the AFL at the moment.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't matter where Hayes plays his last game and I'm sure it wouldn't bother him so I don't think anyone's opinion will have any bearing on it. If he chooses to play his last game in Uppercombucter West then it should be good enough for the rest of us.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I'm sad

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:It doesn't matter where Hayes plays his last game and I'm sure it wouldn't bother him so I don't think anyone's opinion will have any bearing on it. If he chooses to play his last game in Uppercombucter West then it should be good enough for the rest of us.
BS. What about the fans? We pay his wages. Sure, it's not our decision but we want to farewell him in his last game. Apart from noddy and dools and a handful few others, many will miss out if it's in Adelaide. Hard to get a ticket at AO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:It doesn't matter where Hayes plays his last game and I'm sure it wouldn't bother him so I don't think anyone's opinion will have any bearing on it. If he chooses to play his last game in Uppercombucter West then it should be good enough for the rest of us.
BS. What about the fans? We pay his wages. Sure, it's not our decision but we want to farewell him in his last game. Apart from noddy and dools and a handful few others, many will miss out if it's in Adelaide. Hard to get a ticket at AO.

WHat do you want him, to actually do. Not play the Adelaide game. I booked tickets 3 weeks ago because it was obvious it would be his last game. If you want a ticket you will get one. And im pretty sure his familly is going over as well.

andrewg
Club Player

matrix wrote:will go to syd or gws imo
The whispers are he is heading to Freo to work with Ross

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
matrix wrote:will go to syd or gws imo
The whispers are he is heading to Freo to work with Ross

The whisper is none of those. Player management for a year or two and work part time at the saints is my best guess based on nothing at all.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I have no idea what Lenny will be doing next year.

But now that he has officially retired, I would be betting that a number of offers will be sent his way.

Make no mistake, he is held in the highest regard throughout the football world.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
noddy04
Club Player

We came over for Burkey and Loeweys farewell. We came over for Milney, Blakey and Kosis farewell. We will be there for Lennys farewell if it is at either MCG v Richmond or here at Adelaide oval for the last game. If they decide to have it in round 20 we will drive over for that as well. We love Lenny. :).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:We came over for Burkey and Loeweys farewell. We came over for Milney, Blakey and Kosis farewell. We will be there for Lennys farewell if it is at either MCG v Richmond or here at Adelaide oval for the last game. If they decide to have it in round 20 we will drive over for that as well. We love Lenny. :).

He isnt injured that I know of so his last game will be in Adelaide and it will likely be on a Sunday which is a bit of a pity but I have already booked a ticket there. Just not sure when I need to come back.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Been an absolute warrior of St Kilda Football Club and no one deserved a premiership more than him. If you want to talk about heart and soul players in the club's history look no furtber

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Thank you Lenny for your great service to St.Kilda Football Club since 1999.
You are a club legend. Any AFL publication where they highlight a champion player and role model, the picture should be of you as you were head and shoulders above the pack.
Hope you enjoy your time with your family and hope we will see you in our coaches box as I feel you would be a great asset as an assistant and senior coach of the future.
Again thanks, will miss seeing you in number 7.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
noddy04 wrote:We came over for Burkey and Loeweys farewell. We came over for Milney, Blakey and Kosis farewell. We will be there for Lennys farewell if it is at either MCG v Richmond or here at Adelaide oval for the last game. If they decide to have it in round 20 we will drive over for that as well. We love Lenny. :).

He isnt injured that I know of so his last game will be in Adelaide and it will likely be on a Sunday which is a bit of a pity but I have already booked a ticket there. Just not sure when I need to come back.
How do you know his last game (injury permitting) will be in Adelaide? Is it a guess based on nothing at all and a hope of yours based on having booked a ticket to Radelaide already?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
wolfpup
Club Player

:(

Not surprised really, but still sad.

Awesome, awesome player for us. I thought that he would be our captain.

Not many of the 04-11 crew left now, 3 grand finals, 3 prelims but no premiership.

Sigh...

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How do you know his last game (injury permitting) will be in Adelaide? Is it a guess based on nothing at all and a hope of yours based on having booked a ticket to Radelaide already?

Unless he is injured we are playing Adelaide in Adelaide as the fixture says. i have no idea what you are talking about SP. Maybe you need to explain for pople who are dumb like me because i have no idea what you are talking about.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Has senior coach written all over him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Lenny will be on SEN ( and probably every other station) in the evening programs

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

You have done your job Mr Hayes
but I ask you one more favour - become a mormon, grab a few 6ft wives, and start having boys - with respect

Seeya
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Unless he is injured we are playing Adelaide in Adelaide as the fixture says. i have no idea what you are talking about SP. Maybe you need to explain for pople who are dumb like me because i have no idea what you are talking about.
Heard he will be dropped for the final game to "give the kids a go"

You are garbage - Enough said