Most Disappointing Waste of Talent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

arpstk
Club Player

Re: Most Disappointing Waste of Talent

Apologies to Mynott and forum...Did mean McIntosh...good pick up 8856brother

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

+1 Was one of the better saints players I saw ,was such a pity when he did his knee!

PADDLEPOP1000
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Johnny McIntosh worked with my dad. He was a lovely man as I remember. I even wore the number 9 on my first saints jumper. If he'd played in that '71 GF, I'm sure we'd have won. What a tragic waste of talent. Curse of the Saints struck again.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Smith played 163 games for the Hawks so he fulfilled his AFL talent.
Every time I reflect on what Joel Smith could have been at St.Kilda, a small piece inside of me dies.
1997 is a Joel Smith Highlight reel. He was just one gifted, gifted player.

He had a solid career in the end, but holy hell, if not for doing that knee, he most likely would have been one of, if not THE best players in the competition for a fair while.
He was absolutely brilliant. Like you said, finished his career with style at Hawthorn, but he was never quite the player he was after he did his knee against the Filth with only a couple of were before the finals. From memory, he collided with Richard Osborne. And how good was the Smith & Jones combination! Such a great duo. Aussie didn't seem like the same player without him in the team. I reckon it took him a few years to find his former self without Smithy there.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!